Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
TMNT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> TV, Music and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:23 am 
Post subject: TMNT
Top Reply with quote

User-posted image

So, not a lot of people know this, but I a huge Ninja Turtle Fan. For the past few years, I haven't been all that impress with the wave of ninja turtle direction.

-------------

User-posted image

The 80's one is the one I grew up on. I had no idea until they started re-releasing the old seasons on DVD that the turtles and shredder didn't actually take themselves as seriously as I remembered.

Usually, Shredder would foil himself via his minions or some other ludicrous way.

Dontello would fix anything merely by hitting *anything* with a wrench. It's still the smart one, but basically, he would put the shit together then hit it with a wrench and it works.

There actually wasn't as much fighting as I remembered. There was a whole lot of running.

And in every series (including comics) Shredder was a master at ninjitsu to the point in which it required all 4 turtles just to beat him. If any turtle went up against him one on one, Shredder would win every time. In the 80's series, Shredder almost always lost.

--------------

User-posted image

In the late 90's a live action show came out. It was bad.

--------------

User-posted image

In the 2000's, they went a new route of tougher turtles and tougher enemies. This is probably the way the turtles should have been, but they got out of hand with their random creation of new villains.

They created different storylines for each of the characters to exist and those stories seemed like they randomly created. Ex. Shredder is like a fleshy head thing and isn't truly human.

-------------

There was a jumpstart into the world of turtles semi-recently.

Turtles Forever was released which was a mix of the 80s, 90s and the turtles from the original comic. In this storyline, you have 3 different sets of turtles all trying to defeat two shredders. Yes, that's 2 shedders. Not 3.

User-posted image

This single movie created a wave of recognition amongst turtles fans everywhere.

And as a result, they birthed Nickolodeon's Ninja Turtles scheduled to be released on September 29th.

User-posted image

The trailer

Now what makes this one so different than the others?

For one, they chose a different art style. One that's much similar to the hit, Teen Titans.

They are using the original origin story. None of that Micheal Bay reboot bullshit. (Have you guys seen the script on Reddit? That shit is fucking ridiculous!)

The story takes place where the turtles have been in the sewers for 15 years. And none of them have every been above ground. They just eat algae and train. So nothing all that different.

I am a little disappointed they don't say Cowabunga. But if I had to guess, I think they will coin this word during the show.

Side note, if you pay attention to the trailer, you can hear a remake of the old 80's theme song.

Anyways, all of this brings you down to the reason for my posting. I bought all the fucking turtles. They have two editions. The remakes of all the old classic 80's turtles and then the new ninja turtle line.

If you remember how toys work, they start out with the plain simple toys. Then they add all this other bullshit on and eventually ruin them. So, these shall be collectible much later on when the show takes off.

User-posted image

^ This is the first I was going to buy and leave it at that. But the more I kept reading about the turtles, the more I needed to have the rest. So I bought these:

User-posted image

^ That's 4 Ninja turtles, Splinter, one foot soldier, Krang, Shredder, April and that is the turtle van, the Shellraiser.

Finally, I completed my set with:

User-posted image

Round 1: $20
Round 2: $127
Round 3: $65
Total: $212

On ebay, these turtles are already selling for double and some even triple.

TL:DR - Look at my turtle collection. New Nick Turtle show is awesome.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 pm 
Post subject: Re: TMNT
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:

Dontello would fix anything merely by hitting *anything* with a wrench. It's still the smart one, but basically, he would put the shit together then hit it with a wrench and it works.

Donatello = engie. mindblown.jpg
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Coincidentally, I was going to post this last week, but never got around to it. My friend Josh and I found this tucked away in the corner of the Nickelodeon Universe arcade in the Mall of America a couple weeks back.

User-posted image

We both made the leaderboard on about $3 of quarters each. It's good to know that twenty years later, I can still hack it. There's one more reason we really need to do the CT thing in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Happy turtle day everybody!

Here in the Madison/Stouffer household, we take our love for TMNT seriously. So I present to you my little sister in an outfit I wore when I was her age. She's been wearing it all day watching the new show with me and went to a county fair in it.

User-posted image

And Yes, That is a vintage outfit.

Now, in celebration of turtle day, I have hand built an ooze canister from random parts I have found in various stores in my area. Enjoy.

User-posted image

User-posted image

User-posted image

User-posted image

User-posted image

User-posted image

Took about 6 hours to make.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BarytaQ
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

WHY ARE YOU HANDLING THAT OOZE WITHOUT GLOVES!?!? YOU COULD BECOME A KARATE MASTER IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL!
User-posted image
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Lovely daughter you have there, but I woudn't be so sure about that green stuff, it looks like the thing I produce every day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L20S2zjDgvs&feature=related
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

That's my little sister. Lol

But if I turn into a Ninjutsu master, I would be enthralled.

User-posted image
Berry Punch
Pony HATER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

TMNT really deserves a good game.
Insomniac
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Kirov wrote:
TMNT really deserves a good game.

I loved the original arcade game. Spent so many quarters trying to beat it. Also, the gamecube had a pretty sweet TMNT Game, it was called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare" However I played this game when I was 12, so maybe its bad and I just remember it being good because I didnt know better.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

There is already the best TMNT co-op game ever made on NES, that's sufficient enough.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Those arcade games were baller. But they need something similar that was more recent.

On a side note, the episode broke the record for the most views of any show that has ever been on Nick. As a result, a second season has already been bought.

User-posted image
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:42 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I came across this artist and I shit myself.

User-posted image

User-posted image
BarytaQ
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Reminds me of the episode of Samurai Jack where he had to kick some Robo-Samurai ass with a powerglove.
User-posted image
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:04 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

BarytaQ wrote:
Reminds me of the episode of Samurai Jack where he had to kick some Robo-Samurai ass with a powerglove.

Wow nice find Stealth - and Bary, I have all the Samarai Jack, must. post. to. CT. FTP server.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:51 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Samurai Jack is amazingggg!

Dave Rapoza has a lot of realistic TMNT artwork. I'm floored by all of his work, but I'm extremely impressed with his Shredder and Splinter.

User-posted image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> TV, Music and Movies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: