Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Why do you play your particular class?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:54 pm 
Post subject: Why do you play your particular class?
Top Reply with quote

Junk and I were talking about this, so I became curious as to why everyone else plays the "main" class that they do:

Personally for me medic isn't fun, its rewarding. Keeping my team alive, dodging rockets, avoiding spies all this to me isn't as fun as say stabbing atatme in the back, or blowing up atatme, or really killing atatme in general. However at the end of the day, I don't feel as if I got anything out of killing atatme all day; with medic however I feel rewarded for doing all of that and to me personally that's worth more than having fun.

So, what about you guys?
tru.pairadocs
Backstabbing Turd-nugget Spymaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I used to be demo but after quitting TF2 for some time and coming back, I found the F2P update brought a massive influx of noobs and as a result a slew of crappy battle medics. I was so frustrated when a medic healing me would have Uber and we'd run in to blow up shit and all the sudden the guy decides pulling out his crossbow is a much better option.

So I switched to a class that was completely independent and didn't rely on noobs to have a wave of sanity: Spy.

Ever since then I've had fun running around doing my own thing, stabbing people and being more aggressive then most other spies are. Facestabs FTW Very Happy
junkyard
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

When I first started, I was a backburner for a while, playing servers hosting the 2fort variants (the ones with all the tunnels and different routes.) Found egypt, slowly started to enjoy playing engineer, and been maining him ever since (besides a 4 month stint as soldier, which was fun for a bit, but got too routine.)

I love providing a defensive backbone for the team, and supporting them with teles and dispensers. It can be one of the most challenging things to do in the game, but that's what I enjoy most about it.

Almost every release includes a weapon or two that provide a potential edge over the engineer and his buildings, but honestly, that's what the game is about, and its what keeps bringing me back. (If you're a medic who's upset about the upcoming update, here's lookin at you)
Draco
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I play Sniper as my main because it's the class that people have deemed 'worthless'. If a team is losing then the first person to get blamed is the Sniper. Thus I've made it a point to one up everyone who says that the guy with the scope is just dead weight to the team. Also, there's something exciting about being forced into the split second shots where if you miss you or a teammate is dead. Nothing adds pressure like knowing that if you don't hit that tiny needle that is rapidly moving someone is going to die.
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:09 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm a pyromaniac in real life, have always dreamed of owning a flame thrower....just looking for a venue to legally and morally be able to use it on people...shit, did I say that?
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I play heavy because it was the first class I ever got good with. Now when I pick it, they all just die. I play scout because no one else I knew did, and once i got good enough to actually dodge it turned into the most fun in the game. I play pyro because i love the axetinguisher and because people said he was unplayable at a high level. I play archer and demoknight because everyone told me they were shittier than the other ways to play those classes. I like going against the current
tru.pairadocs
Backstabbing Turd-nugget Spymaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

atatme wrote:
I like going against the current

Looks like we got ourselves a hipster
junkyard
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

tru.pairadocs wrote:
Looks like we got ourselves a hipster

No wonder killing him is so fun/easy/hilarious/cathartic
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Aside from the sniper, Demo's got the highest skill ceiling, so there's always room to improve. And unlike the sniper, the demo has the most damage potential too. Very Happy I love the feeling that I can take out anything if I can just aim the grenades a little better...
BarytaQ
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

When I started playing I always went spy. I was just a f2p newblet and died more often than not. I eventually got decent at it and was stabbing left and right. Eventually moved to sniper because it was always my favorite thin to do in any other fps. I guess I liked having an instakill based on skills. As I started to plateu I started switching around. I haven't pegged a "main" a of yet, but heavy, demo, soldier, scout, spy, pyro, sniper, medic, and engie are in th running....
User-posted image
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I like whatever class I can kill a ton of people at once with, thus its demo>heavy>soldier.
Pharaoh Man
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:28 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I've played this game for many hours, and I enjoy all of the classes to an extent.

However, my mains all have things in common. My absolute favorite class is huntsman sniper, but a close second is flare gun pyro.

I love very fast projectiles, and these two in particular have the ability for me to control when I crit. Plus I noticed whenever I got hit with an arrow or a flare from across the map, I would roll my eyes, say "well THAT was horseshit, lucky spamming fucking fuckhole" and get thrown off my game. I'm just trying to replicate that feeling.

Plus, these classes aren't considered standard "good" classes. If you're a great scout or demo, that's cool, but it's expected. Nobody expects someone to burst in a room, unleash a hail of arrows and step over the pile of bodies. It's rewarding because it takes a lot of work to be good at these sub-par classes, and it feels great when you make a hard shot.
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:34 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I love being the Kritzkrieg Medic because it merges the two most important aspects of the game for me.

As a healer, you have to potential to truly turn the tide. Attrition turns in your favor if you do your job properly, drastically if you do it really well. I like the rush and responsibility of being able to single-handedly turn the tide of battle.

I use aggression as a strategy for just about everything. This goes double for defense. The kritzkrieg not only charges quickly, but it can wipe out an entire team if used properly. It rewards people who go looking for trouble, rather than waiting around for it to show up at its own pace. The best defense truly is a good offense.
Badman
Sailor
Sailor

Location: Canada, in the west..... what more do you want to know?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:52 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I don't have a main class sadly, but i do favor around alot, a while it was sniper, then demo, then spy ,engineer, etc, all those class swap is because i like seeing other people play them, it make the old fun new again if i can call it that, thanks to you guys for neat tips and tricks when i play a tf2

People who amazed me to play the class:
Sniper : nugget, draco
Spy : docs, courier
Medic : i haven't found a good way to play him yet =P ( ill read on sleeples guide)
Heavy : anony, Atatme, Richer, Bary
Soldier : Owen
Demo : Goss, ineff,
Engi : junk, lego
Scout : Guilt/shark, and atatme
Pyro : shoes, Gunner
Erwin Rommel
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:27 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I like to play as the class that has the hats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: