Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
TF2 Hat Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:03 pm 
Post subject: TF2 Hat Sale
Top Reply with quote

Fuckton of hats for super cheap on the Mann co. sale room. JUST THIS WEEKEND

http://www.tf2items.com/id/workskelton

Picked up a Yellow Belt, Towering Pile, Frenchman's Beret, Medic's Mask for under 10 bucks total. Get yer shit and if your ever looking to trade fools, buy a couple keys and DONT USE THEM, just go trade them in trade servers, you'll get some awesome.
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:48 am 
Post subject: Re: TF2 Hat Sale
Top Reply with quote

anonymousity wrote:

Picked up a Yellow Belt, Towering Pile, Frenchman's Beret, Medic's Mask for under 10 bucks total.

Even that is too much for in-game hats. You could buy two or three games with that money on Steam. I don't support micro transactions.
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:58 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I hear about Xbox owners buying map packs and find myself running around a haunted mansion in TF2 for nothing. The way I see it, it's throwing a bone in Valve's direction to thank them for the buttload of free stuff that we've gotten over the years.
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Vlad Piranha wrote:
I hear about Xbox owners buying map packs and find myself running around a haunted mansion in TF2 for nothing. The way I see it, it's throwing a bone in Valve's direction to thank them for the buttload of free stuff that we've gotten over the years.
No, this will just encourage them to sell more pointless apparel. Wouldn't you want your heavy to be dressed in a tutu? Even I'm tempted to pay for that.

Sure, paying for apparel is completely harmless, it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way. But since when have big companies known where to stop? In a few years we might see games where you can pay for new guns or even buffs of some sort. Micro transactions have already ruined the game balance of every F2P MMO that utilizes them.
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:36 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yeah its a thin line to walk on. But you know what, TF2 and Valve always do it so fucking well, that Ben's right, you can't help but want to pitch in. Especially when they do shit like sell stamps for a dollar a piece that correspond to community made maps where the proceeds go directly to the map makers. Same goes for paying the guys who get their custom content submitted; they do so much shit on the community level that NOT asking for cash for some of it is just illogical.

I mean the fact that TF2 is somewhat of a free MMO now is a testament to how much shit they have done for free.

I agree though most of the time micro transactions ruin games, games like all the korean free-to-suck-at games and BF heroes type shit. Even Halo / COD where they release a 15 dollar pack and everyone fucking buys it, so you are stuck with this tiny little pool of players left. In this case though, the community is too vocal and valve is too smart to break the game.

what they should do though is let us find keys, god damnit Razz
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I FOUND A CHRISTMAS KEY!

I was really dumb and used it on a christmas crate tho. All i got for it was a lousy new engie wrench
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: