Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Battlefield Bad Company 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 am 
Post subject: Battlefield Bad Company 2
Top Reply with quote

Gameplay part 1, part 2

First I wasn't interested, but just listen to this game's sounds. Amazing. PC version will support higher player count ect. so should be a good experience.

Game seems to be smaller, but more intense BF2. Could be a good ride if you enjoyed BF2 and hopefully they will make mod tools. Should be really easy to change the overly light gameplay to something more immersive.

PC beta is coming in near future and demo in early next year. PS3 version already has a beta running.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:11 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

OMG it looks just like BF42, with some polish. Razz Yea, I bet it is easy to mod - assuming tools available.

Sweet.
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Brutus wrote:
OMG it looks just like BF42, with some polish. Razz

Understatement of the year!

{drools}
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:57 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

No open beta for PC gamers. Maybe they thought that people would take the beta as a demo and make decision from it. Also mod tools won't make it, apparently Dice thinks the engine is too new and complex to be worthwhile.

Promotion episode 1, Episode 2

I read that PC version will support the new DX11. These videos are from console version, so the game should look a lot better.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Battlefield bad company 2Recommended hardware: wrote:

Processor: Quadcore
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
Graphics memory: 512MB

Pretty high. For comparison:

Crysis Recommended: wrote:
Supported OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory: 2.0 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

Comment from the comment box:

Quote:
I'v a question, I know this game hasn't got Physics from nvidia, but if the parts from the building fly they probably are being calculated?? so is an nvidia card recommend?? I have a hd 4870x2 under the hood, this card is kick ass but when you turn on the physics on ( batman arkham aslylum ) the game is lagging like hell.

so I were already planning to buy a new graphics card, from the ati 5000 series, or should i wait till nvidia makes a step toward dx11 ??

Someone should probably punch him in the face and steal his wallet.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

PC beta starts 28th of january to those who buy the game. No open beta, no mod tools and you can't host your own custom servers from your machine.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:28 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You can get Bad Company 2 25% off from EA store with this code: VoucherCodes.com25%

It seems to work I already tried. I think it will also work with other products.

Realism mode:
Quote:
no kill-cam, friendly fire is on so you can kill your own team-mate accidentally or intentionally, much more realistic damage from weapons… Basically everything will feel much more realistic and it’s focused on those intense moments; it’s going to be do or die and you’ve really got to be on your toes. There’ll also be a huge reduction in the HUD elements, so no crosshair, so if you want to aim and hopefully you’re not screen dotting, it’ll be really important to use the iron sights. Guys aren’t going to be shooting from the hip; you just can’t in reality. It’s to make it feel like a much more realistic version of Battlefield. We know there’s a group out there, and they may not be biggest but there are guys who want to experience that type of gameplay, especially from a game like Battlefield where you can have vehicles. Of course, when you do get in a vehicle, all those crosshairs and visual data is built into the game and it’s modelled from reality, just like the guns, so when you bring it up to your eye that’s what you see, and it’s the same in the vehicles. We’re not going to take away things that would make sense in the real world – I guess would be the better way to describe it. There’s nothing that would break that immersion in reality, no enemy icons, no mini-map, and this will also be a ranked game mode.

Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:29 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Game is really sweet. Guns are more accurate, maps are assault type in where you move from object to object, which reveals the next area to move on. Game runs smooth, maps are ok sized, has chopters, tanks, apcs and homo snipers. Pretty much what BFs are. Gameplay is more on the ground this time, no more floating troops and crappy 1st person animations, focus is on assaulting with your squad.

This game has the freedom to destroy and that is what makes this game better than the earlier ones. Before you had to wait or go into to the building to kill one guy you saw entering there, now you can just either empty your clip through the house or blow it up.
This does have the console feel to it. You are constantly bombarded with kill scores, help scores and damage scores.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is Call of Duty 4 mixed with Battlefield 2(+BF2142's unlock system) and UT2004's assault mode as gametype.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I suddenly got extra beta key, anyone want it?
Tawxic
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I will take it
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:20 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Tawxic wrote:
I will take it

PM'd.
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:24 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Tawxic wrote:
I will take it

First post in months...lurker Laughing
Nugget
Hax0r
Hax0r

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:04 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Got the beta and played it a bit. Pretty sweet gameplay with all the shit thats going on around you...might have to pick it up when it comes out.
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Great game. I don't like Rush mode that much, but conquest is gold. So many things happening and nothing beats the freedom of destruction you see in here. You can create your own spots to secure by blowing one part of the house or make a hole to enter building.

I might even get BF1943 if it's anything like this.
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:28 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I've got it on 360. Great game. Maps are more spread out allowing for more strategy than COD does. Not so confined.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: