Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Dow2 and CoH's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:30 pm 
Post subject: Dow2 and CoH's
Top Reply with quote

...are 50% off this weekend.

I would recommend getting CoH for 5$. Truly the best rts there is and way better than what it's sold right now. Or buying Tales of Valor for 17$(you get all the armies and some exclusive modes for multiplayer), but CoH is sufficient enough if you are intrested in multiplayer. Graphics are still really good and gameplay unmatchable(if you don't play with braindead people that is).
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Get Dow2 and come slay with Taw and I!

I honestly am too stupid to play CoH and not get completely stomped online, at the moment. Need more practice..
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I bought DoW2 and played a match against an expert bot and I lost =p . In this game the victory points counts for something. Little different than CoH is where VPs don't really determine it and battles are about area controlling/cutting.

This all out attack all the time and matches are really short compared to CoH. I don't know, I still like CoH more just because it's well balanced between attacking and defending.

anon wrote:
I honestly am too stupid to play CoH and not get completely stomped online, at the moment. Need more practice..

It just goes like this: when it starts you need to be really fast to capture key areas(fuel, ammunition) and push as far as you can. And how it goes from there is whether you are playing 1v1 or abowe(do you make riflemen or MGs). America has better riflemen at start and are good in harrashing enemy troops(also US engineers tears the german ones easily), Germans have better MG(range and suppression better) and rely on using MG's and infantry combined. So US early game is stronger and you should be able to take down the germans grounds fairly easily. Afer the early part of the match first things you need to do is get AT guns, so the enemy won't be able to suprise you with tanks and armoured cars.

And whatever you do don't start building useless defences on your base. If you need to start defending your base seriously then you have already lost the game. And try to avoid building useless troops/buildings(No need as US to build both barrack and weapon support center, as germans tier 3 is mostly useless to build) and AT guns are really important, move them with your troops. And jeeps and motorcycles are shit, I would only build them if enemy starts to spam snipers.

If you are playing as british or Panzer elite, then I don't know. I suck with both of them and never play as them Very Happy . Money well spent on that expansion I guess Laughing .
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the tips - that is interesting. My build was always to immidiately build both a barracks and a weapons support place, I fugured you need the snipers. Then I build a jeep, said snipers, and some defensive emplacements. Guess I'm doing it all wrong Laughing

I will play today with your tips and see how it goes. Perhaps I can turn that game around.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:25 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ok the game is pretty good actually. I enjoy it a lot and it's a nice change from CoH, but I find the balance a bit lacking. I only see Tactical marine spamming from SMs and Orks have the Waaagh thing which makes them invurnable to suppression fire, they can just smash everything you have.

I play as Eldar and I can't help but to think that they broke it with this patch. I have really hard time beating SMs and Orks, because both have strong units and lots of ways to counter my ambushes. I find with this patch that both of the tier1&2's platform are useless against any decent player. Anti vehicle does close to no real damage anymore and machinegun costs energy now so by the time you get it other factions have something to counter it easily(granades, assault troopers). Now my game relys on Banshees and on early game. Only good thing against these SMs and Orks are D-cannon and Fireprism tank, but both of them can be taken down really easily. If I can't destroy them on early then chances are I will lose the game.

Game I just had I had a good ambush set up for player who had SM, he even fell completely for it. He jumped with his assault trooper against my guardians and moved in with rest of his infantry. I had my shuriken cannon ready and started to suppress them while my other guardian troop came along with my Banshee melee+warlock went in. And then I only found out that their assault troopers can jump second time right away, which made my shuriken cannon obsolete and of course because I don't have real troops to counter their infantry on 1 on 1 mid to late game...I got slaughtered horribly.

I like/liked Eldar because I had to do this kind of ambushes to take down my enemy, but now it just seems to be the weakest class with the Nids.
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:37 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yeah I can't say much about the gameplay passed this latest patch they did - it completely rocked my SM strategy, I used to roll devistators right out of the start but now everything costs more.

Can't say much for eldar or nids, or orks even; I've only paid attention to the SM so far. Seems to be that the entire game is very retreat-prone, since your units can soak up a relative ton of damage before dying. Get ambushed, retreat. Eldar do seem too weak; though their firepower is decent, I lose games to them when I can't kill off their units decisively. I've had a few games where the eldar player just kept himself in the game by protecting resources long enough to rush a avatar, then proceeded to kill everything I have, so maybe thats your late-game in.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:58 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The match making is so lame. For this past week I have been matched with even up teams, but theres always 1 player who is totally new to the game or whose true skill rank is 16 or below. That doesn't make a fair teams if both of us are 23-26 and enemy team only consists of people abowe 20. Worst cases my team has had one true skill rank 1 player in it(won 4 matches and lost....60?!) and we lost just because this one player coudn't make anything usefull.

Can it really be that hard to have a system to match people on same rank?! Why they choce Live if it can't do what it was intented for?
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

New expansion announced Chaos rising. It will add the Chaos Marines faction, which is not what I was hoping for. New races are must to this kind of small tactical game, but just adding one is going to be so lame. Everyones going to play with Chaos and when theres no other new faction to play with matches are going to be very boring. Hopefully the price will be reasonable as I don't care about the singleplayer campaigns at all(best would be just to release new factions for multiplayer/skrimish modes cheaply).

Will probably buy this anyway.

User-posted image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: