Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Batman Begins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> TV, Music and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

yesssss I can't wait for this one. I haven't wanted to see a movie this bad for a long time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman_begins/trailer4/large.html
new trailer

Theres gonna be an 8 minute preview of batman begins during the finale of smallville also.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Special Jimmy wrote:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman_begins/trailer4/large.html

new trailer

Theres gonna be an 8 minute preview of batman begins during the finale of smallville also.

make that a TEN minutes preview, and its tonight.
Wang Chung wrote:
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:35 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Jimmy's gonna need a cigarette after seeing the movie.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Quote:
'The Riddler' Frank Gorshin Dies at 72
04:11 PM EST - May 18, 2005

CLICK TO ENLARGE - This is an October 30, 1979 photo of actor Frank Gorshin. Gorshin, the impressionist with 100 faces but perhaps best known for his Emmy-nominated role as The Riddler on the old The Associated Press

BURBANK, Calif.

Frank Gorshin, the impressionist with 100 faces best known for his Emmy-nominated role as the Riddler on the "Batman" TV series, has died. He was 72.

Gorshin's wife of 48 years, Christina, was at his side when he died Tuesday at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, his agent and longtime friend, Fred Wostbrock, said Wednesday.

"He put up a valiant fight with lung cancer, emphysema and pneumonia," Mrs. Gorshin said in a statement.

Despite dozens of TV and movie credits, Gorshin will be forever remembered for his role as the Riddler, Adam West's villainous foil in the question mark-pocked green suit and bowler hat on "Batman" from 1966 to '69.

"It really was a catalyst for me," Gorshin recalled in a 2002 Associated Press interview. "I was nobody. I had done some guest shots here and there. But after I did that, I became a headliner in Vegas, so I can't put it down."

West said the death of his longtime friend was a big loss.

"Frank will be missed," West said in a statement. "He was a friend and fascinating character."

Gorshin earned another Emmy nomination for one for a guest shot on "Star Trek," a 1969 episode called "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield."

In 2002, Gorshin portrayed George Burns on Broadway in the one-man show "Say Goodnight Gracie." He used only a little makeup and no prosthetics.

"I don't know how to explain it. It just comes," he said. "I wish I could say, `This is step A, B and C.' But I can't do that. I do it, you know. The ironic thing is I've done impressions all my life - I never did George Burns."

Gorshin's final performance will be broadcast on Thursday's CBS series "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

Born in Pittsburgh, Gorshin broke into show business in New York. He did more than 40 impressions, including Al Jolson, Kirk Douglas, Bobby Darin, Dean Martin and James Cagney.

Later, he took his impressions to "The Ed Sullivan Show" on a memorable evening - the same night the Beatles were featured. He did impressions in Las Vegas showrooms, opening for Darin and paving the way for other impressionists like Rich Little.

Sammy Davis Jr. said it was Gorshin who taught him to do impressions, Wostbrock said.

"He said you had to look like them and walk like them. Once you get that down, the voice comes easy," he said.

Gorshin's movie roles included "Bells are Ringing" (1960) with his idol Dean Martin and a batch of fun B-movies such as "Hot Rod Girl" (1956), "Dragstrip Girl" (1957) and "Invasion of the Saucer Men" (1957).

"He was fun, fascinating, wild and always a class act," Wostbrock said. "Here's a guy who always wore great clothes, stood up when a woman walked into the room - he was a gentleman. We did all our deals with a handshake. There was never a signed contract."

His other TV credits included roles on "General Hospital, "The Edge of Night" and "The Munsters" as well as guest appearances on "Donny & Marie," "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson," "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman," "Murder, She Wrote," "The Fall Guy," "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century," "Wonder Woman," "Charlie's Angels" and "Police Woman."

Besides his wife, Gorshin leaves his son Mitchell Gorshin of Orlando, Fla., and sister Dottie Roland of Pittsburgh.

Wostbrock said the funeral would be private and Gorshin would be buried in the family plot in Pittsburgh.

SupaFly wrote:

Quote:

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Eh, Batman has never really been my thing... but according to the convo with Logo and Sprite.... Logo has the hots for Batman Laughing j/k mate..... don't beat me again... Confused

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:30 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8017708/site/newsweek/

SupaFly wrote:

Quote:

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:26 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

K9 Carlos wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8017708/site/newsweek/

I've seen about five reviews on batman from critics who saw it early. They all say they LOVED it.

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Special/0,11116,228638,00.html

^^ The ten min. preview
Wang Chung wrote:
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:50 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Just saw Batman last night. Holy shit it was awesome. Blows the others completly away. Not even a competition. How many more like this are they gonna make? I heard that Bale is signed on already to continue to play the Bat.

SupaFly wrote:

Quote:

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well I know for a fact that they're gonna do another one with the joker (mua ha ha ha ha) in which I can't wait to see how the director does him. The earlier batman with the joker in it was terrible, and portrayed joker nothing like he was. (kinda in the ball park, but they could have done ALOT better). Joker is a homocidal maniac, and after seeing the way they did scare crow, I'm sure they'll do him perfect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:28 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

bah, maybe I should see this movie... now to get money and a ride to the theater... oh right, THAT'S why I don't see movies! Sad how long 'till it comes out on DVD..
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ya, bale,Morgan Freeman,Michael Caine, and I think Gary Oldman are signed for at least 1 more. Its rumored that in the next one Batman, Gordon, and the new D.A. Harvey Dent go after the Joker. And a third one would be about the Joker's trial, where the D.A. Harvey Dent becomes Two-face.
Wang Chung wrote:
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Damn Jimmy, for a minutes I thought you said, Gary Coleman Very Happy

So the guy that helped Batman in this movie, becomes 2 face in the 3rd one right ?
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Cap'n Sprite wrote:

So the guy that helped Batman in this movie, becomes 2 face in the 3rd one right ?

No. The guy that becomes 2Face is Harvey Dent. He becomes the DA (he wasn't in this movie). During a trial someone throws acid, Batman tries to block it but it still gets half of his face.

SupaFly wrote:

Quote:

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

K9 Carlos wrote:
Cap'n Sprite wrote:

No. The guy that becomes 2Face is Harvey Dent. He becomes the DA (he wasn't in this movie). During a trial someone throws acid, Batman tries to block it but it still gets half of his face.

Ohhh ,cool Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> TV, Music and Movies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: