Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Warhammer online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tawxic
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:34 pm 
Post subject: Warhammer online
Top Reply with quote

Warhammer online is an mmo it focuses on RvR wich is pve and pvp.
The max level is 40 but there is also 80 renown levels(think pvp levels and I think 20-40 guild levels .

They are two sides for the game Order and Destruction both of these sides contain 10 classes and 3 races each. Order contains Empire( three classes Warrior priest,Bright Wizard,and the Witch Hunter),Dwarfs(three classes Rune priest,Ironbreaker,and engineer),and High Elves(four classes Sword Master,Arch-Mage,White lion,and Shadow Warrior); Destruction contains Chaos(four classes Chosen,Zealot,Marauder,and Magus),Dark Elves(Three classes Disciple of Khaine,Witch elf,and Sorceress)and Greenskins(Black Orc,Goblin shaman,and Goblin Sguig Herder). Each class has a gimmick,some are mirrored on the other side.
Tanks
Ironbreaker-????
????-Chosen
Sword Master-Black Orc They are share Staged builders attacks
Melee dps
Witch Hunter-Witch elf Combo based and a stealth
Marauder-White lion

Ranged Dps
Bright Wizard-Sorceress They share a blowback mechanic
Shadow Warrior-Goblin Squig Herder
Engineer-Magus They share turrets

Healers
Warrior Priest-Disciple of Khaine Melee Healers
Arch-Mage-Shaman Heals Improve dps spells;Dps spells improve heals
Rune priest-Zealot Focus on a Rune based system

Note Suig herder and white lions share their mechanics of having pets ;Marauder and Shadow warrior share a stance based mechanic

Customization includes
Each class has tactics,morale,a character tree,and through renown ranks you can increase certain stats and ability.You can dye pieces of armor and they are also trophies say you kill the dwarf king and he will drop a crown for a trophy you can then wear it around your belt,back,shoulders,etc. These dont include any stats so they are just for appearance.

My mini-review
Im in the beta and its a preety fun game. Tho I still havent decided if pve is strong enough for people to stay with,but besides that there is a great pvp game that is preety massive. The 3 features that I think really seperate the game from other mmos are the public quests,the campaign system, and the "lore".

Public quests are quests that you just get for entering an area.They are always ongoing and contain 1-3 stages. So say you going through a noob area and you enter some forest and it will flash at the top of your screen "public quest:stage 1" then in the top right hand screen it will tell you the objectives you need to complete to advance it tot he next stage,so by doing these objectives youll get contribute points and influence.

Influence rewards at mostly 3 diffrent stages of items(tier one is like a choice of potions or some crafting stuff ,then tier 2 is maybe a green/blue item,and finally tier 3 can be a blue/purple item) you can get and you can turn those in at anytime,they are mostly for it you didn't win the contribute rewards at the end of the public quest.

Contribute rewards are what you do for only that single public quest and you can only get them at the end of all the stages,but its also a slot machine at the end .So at the end of the public quest a roll table will come up and it will display a bonus that you got depending on how much you did.The highest you can get is a +400 bonus so after that everyone rolls from 1-1000 and they add up for bonus to decide if you get loot or not.Normally there is 3-6 loot bags that are handed out and they are diffrent quality and in each of these loot bags you will have the option of certain types of items say money,a purple item,or some crafting item.

You can do these quests multiple times and if you didn't win the last few times you will start getting bonuses intil you win some phat loot.

The Campaign system is too large in scope to describe accurately but basically anything you do is pushing the war towards the enemy's fortress then finally to the enemys capital city. So Pvping,capturing battlefield objectives keeps,personal quests ,public quests, Pve ,dungeons,and doing scenarios all contribute to the campaign system.

The lore is everywhere basically in the zones,quests,icon images and names. An example is orcs in warhammer are known for talking in a specific way and acting in a specific way.So a quest you get from an orc would be like
Description
None of da gits is havin' as much fun as me and my boyz. We is always makin' da biggest funs.
We found all dese lazy stunties wot ain't movin', and all dese barrels wif nuffink in 'em. We' been puttin' dem stunties in barrels and kickin' 'em off da mountain!
Youse tough like a Big'Un. I bet you could kick one of dem barrels far.

I think stuff like that adds alot of flavor to the game.

So who else is going to try it
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

preordered & played beta

definately a solid game... more pvp oriented than wow, since thats all thier endgame is really going to consist of

im going to give it a shot & see what wotlk brings

i dont think its going to dethrone wow, but from what ive read, they can make back their money with only half a million subscribers... so barring some horrible disaster, at least the game wont close in a year (looks at age of conan)
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Won't be getting it - at least yet.
Tawxic
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:07 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Supa what server are you on if you are still playing.
SupaFly

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

im destro on vortex, but probably wont be playing for a bit

made it to 25 & did one of the open dungeons... wipe recovery was retarded, pvp scenarios are a bit lopsided for me & i generally did like it as much as wow

ill probably play a bit sometime, but i think ill wait for a major patch to see what they fix
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

There's a Warhammer Online trial on Fileplanet nowadays for anyone interested.

That being said, I gotta say it's quite entertaining, and I'd prolly get into it if my computer didn't run it like crap. OH WELL.
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: