Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
new rig :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:51 pm 
Post subject: new rig :)
Top Reply with quote

well, just bought all the parts for a new computer no more than 20 min ago. should have all the parts shipped to my parents place in VA by wensday. might be able to take off some time around next weekend to drive up there and build it and take it back down here with me.

any way, its not the best thing on the block, but here are some of the higher $ and higher personal value parts

two AMD Athlon 64 FX-74 Windsor 3.0GHz Socket F (1207 FX) DSDC Architecture Processors

HT OMEGA CLARO Plus+ 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

two ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Coolers

nine Antec 75003 120mm Case Fans (yes, i went overboard.......and i really did spend over $110 on after market fans, and they are not rigged for silent running either. the do move a shit ton of air though.....) 79 CFM, 28.9 DBA. i could have gotten faster, i could have gotten quieter, i could have gotten cheaper. but this is the best over all for my needs. the main focus being airflow and cost.

ASUS L1N64-SLI WS Dual L (1207FX) NVIDIA nForce 680a SLI MCP SSI CEB AMD Motherboard. always loved ASUS. only Mobos i will ever get

BFG Tech BFGR88768GTXOCE GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Thermaltake W0131RU ATX12V / EPS12V 850W Power Supply

CORSAIR XMS2 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory. might get another set later, 4gigs is enough for now though. and this stuff is more than fast enough for now

went with XP 64 pro because of the ram, and i have heard some roomers since i looked into this, and according to some, it does, or will support direct X 10!!!! even if it does not though, it will work more than well enough until they unfuck vista......also, got a free Seagate 500GB drive, a free $200 thermaltake case, and a free 1GB thumbdrive from the combo deals Smile some other things here and there, but over all, thats the better parts of it. going to LOVE that soundcard

EDIT: oh, also, anyone in the market for a thermaltake case?

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I doubt your computer would even have any problems with Vista. Usually they have been about hardware usages, but a rig like that don't give a flying fuck about them.

Look's good.
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

eh, i dont think it will have any problems Powering vista........but i just want to avoid it for a wile.....

one question though, how do you guys think that those 2 AMD cpus will stand against a single $600 intel one?

oh, also, it will be essentially a quadcore right now, and i do plan to run 2 x quad cores when they become available and afordable.

still cant wait to try out that sound card though. by most accounts it is better than anything creative labs has right now, and i fucking love my creative audigy 2zs that i have in my old computer.

and to finish it off, god it is good to have a job and money on hand enough to blow 3k on a computer and not even worry about checking the account or even really regretting spending that on a freeking computer lol

Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You could've invested it in a much better way, but have fun building it. Should run anything out there very well. Smile
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

64-bit XP? You are one of the few persons I know that have it. Does anything actually support it?

I wish I could afford an overkill like that. Have fun building it Smile
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:44 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Shocked

waaay overboard my friend, you're gonna love it Mug Toast

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Shopping for a computer parts makes me feel like I'm a kid in a candy store again.

Well that similar feeling.. I never really liked sweets all that much, but you get the idea.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:25 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

RK-Mara wrote:
64-bit XP? You are one of the few persons I know that have it. Does anything actually support it?

I wish I could afford an overkill like that. Have fun building it Smile

I got it for free
lurtz
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

friday i get this one

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Tray 4096Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Conroe

-Scythe Ninja Plus+Scythe S-Flex

-Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R ,Intel P35, ATX, PCI-Express

-4096MB DDR2 Corsair Twin2X CL 5, PC6400/800

-Thermaltake Aguila silver

-ATX-N.BE Quiet! Dark Power Pro 530 Watt(700W, my old pc)

-WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA II 16MB

-MSI NX8800GTX-T2D768E HD-OC, 768MB NVIDIA Geforce 8800GTX,PCIe

-DVD\Samsung SH-203B

+Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit SB-Version
Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:52 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

lurtz wrote:
friday i get this one

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Tray 4096Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Conroe

-Scythe Ninja Plus+Scythe S-Flex

-Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R ,Intel P35, ATX, PCI-Express

-4096MB DDR2 Corsair Twin2X CL 5, PC6400/800

-Thermaltake Aguila silver

-ATX-N.BE Quiet! Dark Power Pro 530 Watt(700W, my old pc)

-WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA II 16MB

-MSI NX8800GTX-T2D768E HD-OC, 768MB NVIDIA Geforce 8800GTX,PCIe

-DVD\Samsung SH-203B

+Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit SB-Version

Nice!

Mug Toast
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:09 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

not bad at all. Smile

i forgot to check back and update this topic.

i did perches all those parts that i listed, however, even though i have over 10k in my checking account, the debit card i used for the perches has a $500 daily spending limit.....a fact that i forgot about during my shopping spree of 3k lol

so, until i get my credit card out from storage, i am just going to get one of the high end 640 MB 8800s and upgrade my old PC. should still be fine for a wile with the new proc and gpu. in any case, it will give more time for the prices to drop on my current build Razz

Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Get an 8800GT....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=8800gt&x=0&y=0
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:54 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

hmm......those all have less mem than the ones i was looking at......infact i have never seen those cards listed in newegg before. what did you put in for the serch?

ah, thats why, PCI express 2.0??? when the fuck did that come out, and wtf is it???

i was looking at the $300+ cards. was going to get one that would also work great in my new computer as well so i can just reinstall the old one for when i sell it.

RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:40 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

8800 GT just came out so no wonder if you haven't noticed it before. And don't look too much at the mem.
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

well, got one of the 768 MB cards with a good over all clock speed and ram speed. dint go all out to get the best on the market though

EDIT: also going to re order everything ells today. since i waited a wile, i can now get all that for 2,100 Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: