Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
I graduated High School and I realized...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:58 pm 
Post subject: I graduated High School and I realized...
Top Reply with quote

... I don't give a fuck.

My mom keeps asking me, "Are you sure you don't want to have a graduation party or anything like that?"

I keep telling her no, because I'm not proud of graduating high school. I never got a class ring.

I graduated about 125/400 in my class with a GPA of about 3.5, and that's not out of a 4.0 scale either, although I think the top 20% of my class is over 4.0. I got turned down from an ivy league school, a better-than-ivy-league school, a relatively prestigious school, but I still got into Virginia Tech somehow, so fuck that.

At the end of high school here I've basically done no work. In fact, I did negative work. That consists of me doing the work, and then just not turning it in. I got really lazy down the stretch and I'm not even a stoner.

Does anyone else feel like graduating high school is pretty worthless?
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I didn't learn anything in High School. 9th and 10th, some last bits of things. But they could be crammed into a year and fuck the rest. I fixed computers all day long at my school.

I got a HS class ring to remind me how horrible High School is. I want to look at it and know that it has seen what I saw.

I don't care about school at all. I hate it and think it's pointless really. Anything I want to know, I can learn on my own. I'm only going to college just because companies want it. Not to "benefit" myself. Fuck that. I really don't care what a Rogerian argument is. I just don't fucking care. I care about what I want to do with my life. I'm sick of being told by others what I have to do.

They can all go fuck themselves.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Same here, Wang. It really doesn't seem very special to me, either. Our principle keeps saying that the graduation ceremony is mainly for your parents, and I guess that must be true because none of the kids seem to care very much.
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

CountChocula wrote:
Same here, Wang. It really doesn't seem very special to me, either. Our principle keeps saying that the graduation ceremony is mainly for your parents, and I guess that must be true because none of the kids seem to care very much.

Haha, fuck, I went to the library the other day to return some overdue books (if not returned - 'can't walk on stage'). I go in to drop them off and the lady thanks me and I smile. Then the snotty assistant girl (in my grade, a huge vapid bitch), tries to make a joke by cuntily yelling "We don't want your books!" to which I replied in a Spicoliesque manner: "They're not my books, they're your books!" The only reply she could muster up within the two seconds I'd still be within her conversation range (i.e. her stench) was "Well we don't want you to graduate on stage!). Again, I jimmified her with the cool response of "I don't want to either, my mom does!" I ran out of the library back to psychology.
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:37 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Damn fucking right. Fuck high school.

I don't think I've learned much in high school at all. My school is so tiny (300 students total) and right now I'm graduating as Salutatorian. Since my brother and his girlfriend graduated as both Valedictorians, I have been expected to do the same. Everyone said to me "You'll do fine, you're gonna be Valedictorian."

I didn't give a shit. I wanted to graduate. That's it.

Here's the problem: after a dozen people tell you regularly that you'll be Valedictorian, you start beleiving it. When it doesnt happen, when an illegal immigrant who can hardly speak english gets Valedictorian by only a few points, you feel bad. I felt terrible. Still do when I think about it. My grandpa died in April, and he asked me a few months prior to be Valedictorian. Well fuck, what can I say? Sorry grandpa, the mexican beat me?

Sometimes it's too much pressure for such little shit. But fuck, that bitch is illegal, so she can't get the only Scholarship the school gives out!

Jimmified!

I liked working on my school's yearbook. in fact I could have left in january but decided to stay for that one more class because I'm in the zone when I do it, even if it's shitty macs we use. I liked reading some of the books, and I liked the teachers (Most anyway) but overall, fuck high school.

EDIT:
Oh yea, and because i've made it to Salutitorian, I gotta make a speech. A speech. I did less than I needed,I did less than was asked, I did less than my best, and I have to make a fucking speech.

I'll give this speech in front of about 600 people, my own personal best since giving a speech in front of 300 when I was elected student council secretary and became the first in my school to slander my opponents.

The principal told me to write about "What happened here at Grandview(my school) and what changed the way people were when they started."

I'll spend 20 minutes writing that speech, and i'll give it, because I give in easily. Do I want to give that speech? No, I want to give my own. I want to tell each and every student there that just like them, I Don't Give a Fuck.

We've got so much pressure on us sometimes, we feel like going at someone with a hammer, and not the blunt end. We feel like getting behind the wheel of a car and going as far away as possible, just because, well fuck it.

Socially, i was put in some of the shittiest situations I could imagine. Shit, I had 3 different prom dates a week before prom last year. How could that end any worse? teachers have told me I'm special compared to the other kids in my school, they look at me like i'll be successful no matter what. What if i don't want to be special? What if I can't just be successful?

This is supposed to be the time when the graduates are proud and celebrate the shitty experience of education. I speak for more than a few when I say it's not that. No, it's a time when I'd like to scream as loud as I can and rip my hair out. It's a time when i'd like to go up to my guidance counsellor from 7th grade and hit him with a car, and the time that i'd like to go to those 3 different prom dates and bitch slap each one. Bitchslap Emily for being creepy and slamming a locker in my face. Bitchslap Alexandria for being so hot, and saying yes, then saying "well, i'd like to go with my boyfriend, we're back together" then bitchslap Kayla who i went with but had no fun with. Sure she talked me into smoking weed, and sure we all laughed when I acted all funny and ran behind the big pile of dirt because I thought I heard someone coming, but I'd like to bitchslap her for leaving me for a party.

FUCK

Fuck it all, that's what I want to scream. FUCK IT ALL.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:21 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

High School = Meh.

No offense to Jimmy's brother but I always thought the Valedictorian stuff was just a bunch of BS. I had almost 15 Valedictorians when I graduated and I KNOW for a fact most of them were suck up and about 4 or 5 never even showed up for class.

Graduating is merely an attendance record for a long 12 years of crap.

Least you usually get money at the end though Very Happy
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:43 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

How do you have more than one valedictorian?

And yes, a good bit of our top students are a bunch of slimy cocksuckers. Though there are a handful who I have a great deal of respect for, so hats off to them. Personally I think our valedictorian this year is a badass, Jimmy knows why, but the rest of the top kids are not really cool.
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:00 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

While graduating highschool is a minor achievement. I'll let you know now, DO NOT walk into college with the same attitude you left high school with.

Homework is important and will kick your ass at the end of the semester if not turned in. If you want to be an engineering major(CS) don't fuck around about it. If you're not driven you won't even just get by.

I've idled through my entire college career so far just fucking around and putting off assignments, homework, studying, to have a good time or just be lazy. Now I'm stuck in a big rut.

Fair warning, just don't want y'all to make the same mistakes I did.
Sharp668
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:53 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well Lol High school sucks and im still in it and you know I think the same things sometimes but Hell Ill get it over and done with and go to collage and get a job I realy dont care about what crap I get as long as I can have a job that I love and thats why im going for a Computer Science degree so I can work on and with PC's all day Smile
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:34 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

never was a big deal to me............forgot most, if anything i learned in high school all ready.

as far as jobs and the like go, the real test of how you will make it in the world, i have been doing very well in the USMC, and the corps is also giving me skillz and knowledge that will almost garentee at least a 45k a year salary starting out..........this is also in an aria where the average income is only $21k a year..........that means very low cost of living to....

the best thing, i still don't have to know how to spell for that job either Razz

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Slaughter wrote:
While graduating highschool is a minor achievement. I'll let you know now, DO NOT walk into college with the same attitude you left high school with.

Homework is important and will kick your ass at the end of the semester if not turned in. If you want to be an engineering major(CS) don't fuck around about it. If you're not driven you won't even just get by.

I've idled through my entire college career so far just fucking around and putting off assignments, homework, studying, to have a good time or just be lazy. Now I'm stuck in a big rut.

Word to that bro. I am very concerned that my disregard and total asshole attitude toward high school will really bite me in the ass next year. I'll really have to pull my shit together and get work done next year. Thanks a lot for pointing this out to us though, it means a lot.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Slaughter wrote:

QFE. Had my mom told me that she wouldn't pay for my college if I lost my scholarships due to low grades, I would probably have idled for a year.

But I'm purdy straight so far. I'm on the Dean's List.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

No problem, another helpful thing is to try and figure out exactly what you want to do with your degree.

If you know what degree you want and what you want to do with it you will be motivated to get it. I lacked direction and therefore motivation to even get a degree. Not that I didn't think getting a degree was important.

School is tough but it's just something you have to stay on top of, especially in hard courses. If you put your homework off you won't do it.

and as cheesy as it may sound HS is important because it trains you for all the skills you need in college.

The sad part is in HS you really don't need those skills and aren't motivated to train them because HS is so easy. So you become disillusioned with them because your parents and teachers tell you they are vital to succeed, but from all you can see they aren't in HS.

It may sound lame but it took me 2 years in college to figure out this.

Just some things you may do already that I thought were worthless. They are monotonous and suck and you won't want to do them but they help on a test BIG time. I have finally started to get A's & B's by doing this.

1) Go to class, even if you are going to sleep in it, just be discrete if you do. Chances are you will at least absorb something and know what to study/where to start.

2) Homework (even if it's not graded or required) It's free practice

3) Reading the chapter, OUTLINE IT (esp. stuff you don't get), Do the definitions, write them down, memorize them, and test yourself. (Flash cards)

4) Studying - Study your outlines & notes & flash cards, crossreferance them with the teachers notes/study guide.

5) Office Hours, No one goes to them so if you do the teacher will do everything but give you a big hug. They are bord out of there mind, so a little sucking up will get you at least an in depth discussion of what you don't understand, and will most likely give you a little play with that 89.4 at the end of the semester. It will also get you recommendations, and a go to person in whatever college they teach in.

I know everyone here has been told all of those, minus the office hour part. They are just 5 things you will hate doing but they pay off.

Also don't let bad grades get you down, It is easy to go from a 64 on an exam to a 91, I have done it many times. But remember It is a hell of a lot easier to go from a 91 to 53 if you're not careful.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

And on a minor note.... if you want a Minor (Ha! Pun! =P), it's best to decide it the first year of college.

Like the very first semester. I want to minor in Japanese, but I can't because I waiting one semester too late to start. (They only have one teacher teaching Jap. and the course I needed wasn't offered) So I'd have to go back another year just to get one.

User-posted image
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

That helps more than you know, Chris. Like Mikesty said, I'm not sure how I'll do in college. My HS is more relaxed than most others, so that on top of me already being lazy and only motivated at certain times scares me.

I've heard a dozen guidance counsellors, speakers, and parents say all this sort of stuff, but I guess it's not really the same until it comes from someone like you, Chris.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: