Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
ohhhh.... *nerdgasm*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:10 am 
Post subject: ohhhh.... *nerdgasm*
Top Reply with quote

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33859362

Quote:

Doom 3, Quake 4, HL@ Episode 1, Fear and Battlefield so far ALL work in Quad SLI on Win 2003 server 64 bit

I'm getting over 200fps at 2560x1600 rez on Doom3, and Q4

I got over 300fps on Painkiller benchmark 1 and 2.

Seems that the quad sli benefits from being mated to multiple cpu's.

HL2 lost Coast HDR 64-bit and Episode 1 HDR are showing smooth high rez frames

spec:
Dual Dual Opteron 285s
Tyan K8WE scsi motherboard dev-ed
16 GB Ram
Quad SLI xfx 7950 572/1556
Ageia Physx PPU
(4) Seagate 750GB SATA 300 drives RAID 0 ~ about 3 terabytes
8GB RamDrive- virtual
Dual linked 750 Watt power supplies
Apple Cinema 30inch @ 2560x1600 res
Windows Server 2003 64-bit and
Suse 10 64-bit

Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:14 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I have always wondered. When this new DirectX10 comes out, do you have to buy new graphics card to support it, or does these new ones already have it, and can I(hell no) run it with my 6600GT?
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:24 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well, there's always been software support. The whole shindig is whether or not you have hardware support. For example, your 6600GT should have DX9 hardware support. That means it's just as efficient to run DX9 as it is DX8 or even DX7 in most cases. A lot of tweaking guides say run older DXs, but if you have the somewhat important hardware suppport, it's much better.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I know, but can I get DirectX10 working with this card? Like can I get all those fancy graphic effects working, or do I have to buy new card that supports DX10.
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Hirmuinen wrote:
I know, but can I get DirectX10 working with this card? Like can I get all those fancy graphic effects working, or do I have to buy new card that supports DX10.

Yerrrr, no. What will happen is alll DX9 cards will run DX10 games, but without some of the eye candy. For example, a DX7 card, the Geforce MX 4000 won't show HDR lighting. This will happen with all current cards, but if you have like a 7800, you will be able to run the games, but without some of the new effects.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:41 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Great. One more question, I know that WindowsXP doesn't support DX10, so you will have to get Vista for it. But like you said that you can play games that has DX10 with DX9 cards, but does the WXP run it?
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm sure the games will be optomised for vista, but they should still run on XP.

Oh, and btw. That system wang described reminds me of this:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/02/amds-4-x-4-platform-pairs-2-dual-core-cpus-4-gpus/

Thats gonna be some extreme sh1t

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: