Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Cell Phone problems?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

My dad has a Vaio PCG-4F1L
Couldn't find much on it, but I only loked for a few secs cuz i g2g, peace
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

and the part that conects to the cell towers??? wtf is THAT part called, modle number, brand, exetra?

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

is it something like this???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16839119003

or some type of card that is actualy in the comp?

and how likly will i be to get the full 54k most of the time?? Confused

and should i also get this in the odd chance that i might pick up a signle from my barracs that is not password protected? Twisted Evil

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833129122

bah! i just looked at the picture on the modem card, is it even wireless???

nav
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

CaptJack, I have a Cingular question for you.

I am currently on a plan with which the contract has just run out (last month). My phone is getting fairly beaten up and could stand to be replaced. Is it possible to get a new phone without signing a new 2 year contract, or is the only way to get one with a new agreement? I was looking at the company website and the only phone prices being offered for upgrade were with a 2 year agreement.
CaptJack
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:54 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

nav wrote:
CaptJack, I have a Cingular question for you.

I am currently on a plan with which the contract has just run out (last month). My phone is getting fairly beaten up and could stand to be replaced. Is it possible to get a new phone without signing a new 2 year contract, or is the only way to get one with a new agreement? I was looking at the company website and the only phone prices being offered for upgrade were with a 2 year agreement.

Yes, believe it or not you can:) You can go to ebay and find good new phones at an awesome price. Just be wise with your choosing of who you buy from but you can get awesome deals for all kinds of Cingular phones.

For example I go my RAZR at 150 with shipping:)
ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:57 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Drunken Monkey wrote:
is it something like this???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16839119003

or some type of card that is actualy in the comp?

and how likly will i be to get the full 54k most of the time?? Confused

and should i also get this in the odd chance that i might pick up a signle from my barracs that is not password protected? Twisted Evil

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833129122

bah! i just looked at the picture on the modem card, is it even wireless???

no, no, no
The Wireless card is part of the computer and wasn't even an add on. If you get that exact same laptop you will be good to go.

Your internet connection will depend on the cingular(w/e you choose) signal strength. This card built in also can connect to wireless networks, so there is no need for 2 wireless cards. You're on your own if you don't want to get that same laptop. I'm sure you could find about it at vaio's site, and inevitably you will need to go to a cingular stare and ask them what coverage looks like for the middleeast. I would be more concerned about getting a signal out there esp. if you're in the type of conditions my buddy was in.
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

quote]esp. if you're in the type of conditions my buddy was in.[/quote]

god willing Very Happy

lol i will go more into what it is that marines go through when i am not being charged. got to go, FUCK! i late

EDIT: all right sorry about that, was on my lunch break when i posted the above and time got away from me. thought i would not have enough time to get back (fucked up my knee on the 3 1/2 mile run this morning)

any way, give me a site for the comp itself, i have having a bit or trouble locating the exact comp. i just want to know what i can, and if the rest of the laptop is good for me. i am sure that it is one of thoughts things that if you are REALLY good, can buy a part, take apart the laptop, stick the part in, un fuck the laptop, and you will be good to go. but again i just need to know what that part is. bah.

hey just for the record, any frustration apparent here is not directed towards you slaughter, just against time constraints, and money.

ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I understand man, you hit me up at a bad time though, i'm pretty sure you can get any cell modem wireless card, I honestly don't know much about the technology, my dad just has one, and has a basic knowledge of how it works.

Sorry I can't help out. I would check with someone at a cingular store, they might know more about what you need to get.
ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I understand man, you hit me up at a bad time though, i'm pretty sure you can get any cell modem wireless card, I honestly don't know much about the technology, my dad just has one, and has a basic knowledge of how it works.

Sorry I can't help out. I would check with someone at a cingular store, they might know more about what you need to get.
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

all right good to go, you see what you can fined out on your end, and i will try to find the cingular place some ware near this base (marines = big business so there should be one) and fined out what i can. might just get my cell phone wile im at it.

nav
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, believe it or not you can:) You can go to ebay and find good new phones at an awesome price. Just be wise with your choosing of who you buy from but you can get awesome deals for all kinds of Cingular phones.

So do I have to pay an activation fee on a new phone, or do I just have to move my little card from my old one to my new one?
CaptJack
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:05 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

nav wrote:
Quote:

So do I have to pay an activation fee on a new phone, or do I just have to move my little card from my old one to my new one?

No activation fee:) Just move your SIM card from your old one to yur new one:)
ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

CaptJack wrote:
nav wrote:
Quote:

No activation fee:) Just move your SIM card from your old one to yur new one:)

depending on if it is unlocked. if it's not then it has to be the same cell company as the sim card you have. If it's not you have to get it unlocked somehow.
nav
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Is unlocking difficult or does it take "uber hax"?
CaptJack
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:34 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

nav wrote:
Is unlocking difficult or does it take "uber hax"?

It's alot less hassle by just getting one that is especially for your service:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: