Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
How the fuck do I carry CDs from one place to another?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:24 pm 
Post subject: How the fuck do I carry CDs from one place to another?
Top Reply with quote

Maybe I have bad luck or some shit, but my fifth office CD was just somehow scratched by sitting idly in the fucking case.
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I use nice transparent disc sleeves. They come in 5 different colors so you're in style for every season. Dynex makes some that aren't too terribly expensive, I think I even got them at walmart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You mean the paper shits? I have a zillion of those but they're so lame Razz

I usually use plastic "mini" jewel cases, and I have used two brands with limited success. It might be because the people I lend them to decide to skeet on them or something.
Achtane
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Maybe you should try those D-Skin things. Like a little plastic thing you put over the disk so it doesn't get scratched.

cd condoms lololo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I think I will probably get those on the next wal-mart run - I have seen those before and it's a clever idea.
firefox_71
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

quit loaning the CD's to fuggers who don't know how to take care of shit Wink

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wang Chung wrote:
You mean the paper shits? I have a zillion of those but they're so lame Razz

I usually use plastic "mini" jewel cases, and I have used two brands with limited success. It might be because the people I lend them to decide to skeet on them or something.

No, they're not paper, they're soft plastic covered. Double sided too for dual carrying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7041907&type=product&id=1099396525773

Got it not 2 long ago, no heavy testing (for my new DVD collection)
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

use a tray
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I went out and bought a five pack of D_Skins
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:53 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

or do what i do, burn them, then only take the burned copies out and about. that way, you dont really give a shit if you hit the deck or something and land on top of it.

errrr all clear recover Laughing

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:03 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Drunken Monkey wrote:
or do what i do, burn them, then only take the burned copies out and about. that way, you dont really give a shit if you hit the deck or something and land on top of it.

copy protection... Evil or Very Mad

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

theboomboom wrote:
Drunken Monkey wrote:

copy protection... Evil or Very Mad

There are ways to get wround that.....
also it is legal to make backup copies for that exact purpose, you just can't give them out or sell them
Gen. Death
Bum in a Box
Bum in a Box

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Now thats weird, because believe it ot not
if you take a look at how CD's are stored in my house you will be surprised, You would ask yourself "how the fuck can they NOT get scratched!?"
I don't know but its weird indeed
I left a CD (without case or ANYTHING) on my desk for about a year or 2,
then I re-obtained intrest in the data on that disk and pick it up, blow off the dust and just walk downstairs to my comp, the CD falls on the ground (Fucktard brother tried to scare me) and I have a stone floor, I pick it up while yelling at my brother and notice not a single scratch on it (except the one that was already on)
I put it in my comp and "error while trying to read the disk."
back to my desk it goes...
The wronging of the past must be made right in the present.
GotMilk? wrote:
The ones I would recruit are not the ones going "HOW DOES I JOIN TC?!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

probably the initial scratch or dirty/dusty surface, make sure you give it a good rubdown. Unlike tapes cd's/dvd's do not lose dta over time, and a lot of times scratches can be read over depending on the type/place of the scratch and the quality of the player.

FYI
I have had some bad issues with skipping and unplayable dvd's in my ps2/other older dvd players, however when I used the newest dvd player we had absolutely no problems with the dvd's at all. Sometimes the best solution is just to get a newer/better player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: