Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
New mod concepts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stealth
â–²RAWR TRIANGLE RAWRâ–²

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Oh yea! Homefront! =D

When I first saw it, I thought it'd just be another halo. Turned out to be quite a venture for Milk and I.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

We NEED this type of civil war game too:

A multiplayer game where you command 1 brigade (4000-6000 men) as a colonel or general or even a regiment (about 1000 men) It's real time strategy meets first person. You don't have the overhead view, just the FP view, and strategic map, and some sort of battlefield view from your perspective. You command your infantry and artillery regiments, etc.

In muliplayer, your side would have to coordinate offensive and defensive tactics. Maybe a supreme commander (Lee, Grant) for each side?

Single player could be a series of historical battles and option to play either Commanding officer, or any of the subordinate commanders.

What do you think?

BTW, I would have to be Longstreet, of course.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yeah I was thinking it would be cool to fire bots in your squad like missiles. Like pull out the command feather and point and click - left click to attack people, right click to take and hold ground or something.

UT bots are incredible but I have NO idea if something like that is possible...
firefox_71
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

switching back and forth between RTS and FPS would make for an awesome game Wink

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stealth
â–²RAWR TRIANGLE RAWRâ–²

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:54 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Actually, there's a cool game called Savage that Anon obsesses over. It's like an RTS FPS.

You have like a "commander" on BF2 in which you enter the building. You build the buildings to develop new armor for everyone else and give them more units to choose who to be. Then the other guys who are just "normal" people, they fight in 3rd and 1st person.

As the "commander" you can create peons *who are bots* and order them to help build and gather resources.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:34 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
Actually, there's a cool game called Savage that Anon obsesses over. It's like an RTS FPS.

You have like a "commander" on BF2 in which you enter the building. You build the buildings to develop new armor for everyone else and give them more units to choose who to be. Then the other guys who are just "normal" people, they fight in 3rd and 1st person.

As the "commander" you can create peons *who are bots* and order them to help build and gather resources.

Very Happy

Savage owns!
AxeBlind
Old Fart's Cabin Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:42 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

To Massive: There is a game like this with more in developement, you can play in 1st person if you want to restrict yourself or you can go farther out. No multiplayer as of yet but it will come, and single player is great. Called Civil War: Bull Run
http://www.madminutegames.com/

To Brutus: I can help on ACW ideas and research, I have read the Civil War a Narrative and have quite a few books on the subject. Can't help on much but historical accuracy and research I might be able to wrangle. Plus I can help on weaponry ranges and such as I have learned a good bit from ny Firearms Evidence class. The ACW is one of my passions, I even played the crap out of the damn single player on the bf42 ACW mod.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:42 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Cool Axe. Very Happy Dont feel obligated to contribute though. I am still a loooong way off from developing any new mod. Rolling Eyes The game I am considering modding wont even be released for like 5 more months. Razz

I think stuff like topography maps and architecture research might be cool. I say MIGHT because real-world battlefields/ballistics/etc might make for bad (not fun) games... I think I will start playing around with civil war stuff though. I am hoping to take a character animation class in a couple months. If not then homeskooling ftw!

Massive = Longstreet. Smile Man, the hell poor Longstreet caught for his concepts on "Defensive Warfare" huh? Dude was ahead of his time...
massive

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:20 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Thank you my Axey - I will scrounge around for it!

And don't know if you've seen this, http://p200.ezboard.com/bthecivilwarhomepagediscussion2824
mmmmm, ACW talk Very Happy

Brudio, yeah and Longstreet often gets much of the blame for the loss at Gettysburg, he didn't want to fight there with the Union in the positions they had - he probly envied them - and when he led his command at the front of his troops on July 3rd - that takes balls.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ya know... I think Operation Flashpoint had general and 3rd person roles. They had a rich modding community too - lots of models and skins just no maps. That really was a sweet game. It was made independantly by two Russian guys. Pretty sweet for two guys first attempts at a vide game...

I think Rogue Spear games are similar too. Command your peeps then get fps'n if you want. There was an older game called Space Hulk (a WH40K game) that was awesome - you actually had the others guys cameras feeding little tv's around the visor of your helmet - and you could work anyone on the team. THAT was a very fun game...

They arent 'RTS' and FPS but I dont uber care for RTS anyway. Dont interrupt my shooting to do laundry or build outhouses or whatever... Razz Hmm, I could have a Hatfield and McCoy RTS. Build outhouses, moonshine stills, pig troughs, pumpkin patches, etc. Wink
massive

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:43 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

lol - laundry and outhouses. Naw, have those things automated (like in Warlords Battlecry II + III) then you focus on strategy and tactics, just keeping an occasional eye on supply train, etc. but no micro management or even macro management of logistics - it's just enough to secure it. (there are way too many games where you feel like a quartermaster anyways)

BTW - WBC III Kicks ass - the ingame voices of the characters are great!
AxeBlind
Old Fart's Cabin Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Eh Longstreet didn't lose Gettysburg, the damned reb 2nd Corps did, damn Ewell and Early. And on the 3rd Longstreet didn't lead his men in the charge. You know in actuality most of the men in Pickett's charge were not his division, he only had 3 brigades there, alot were of Hill's corps.

But ACW would be awesome. Seriously.
MASTERThreepwood
Scherman King of Pr0n

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Surprised you could actually realize No more room in the Helicopter !
it would be the best mod evaaaaar
It's about a Helicopter , that has only one seat left and ppl fight over it
and get cool weapons.
massive

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

AxeBlind wrote:
Eh Longstreet didn't lose Gettysburg, the damned reb 2nd Corps did, damn Ewell and Early. And on the 3rd Longstreet didn't lead his men in the charge. You know in actuality most of the men in Pickett's charge were not his division, he only had 3 brigades there, alot were of Hill's corps.

But ACW would be awesome. Seriously.

I miss spoke about him "charging" but I was referring to the quote by James Kemper, a brigade commander in Pickett's division:
Quote:
He would later state of Longstreet’s conduct during the violent cannonade on July 3rd, “Longstreet rode slowly and alone immediately in front of our entire line. He sat his large charger with a magnificent grace and composure I never before beheld. His bearing was to me the grandest moral spectacle of the war. I expected to see him fall every instant. Still he moved on, slowly and majestically, with an inspiring confidence, composure, self-possession and repressed power in every movement and look that fascinated me."

AxeBlind
Old Fart's Cabin Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:00 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ah yes, fairly courageous but not as much as General Garnett who led his brigade in the charge on his horse, because of a wound, from there he was shot. Longstreet was a brave fellow though, he got up close and personal in earlier fights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Below Deck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: