Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
New and Fixed Maps coming soon - input desired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

YAY I had a moment! Very Happy

Yeah, no patches for brigs. They are only in Dire and Shark Haven maps atm anyway. I just added an objects folder for both brigs with only a network.con file in it. That should work right?

I have been taking the approach that we are pretty much rereleasing the full maps regardless - no patches. It WILL be a big file. Sad I thought about renaming them all too but figured that would just cause more issues.
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Also in Objects.con you'll have a part that says:
Code:
ObjectTemplate.create Bundle RedBrigComplex
ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo RedBrigBodyInfo

Most other stuff has no network info for the Complex portion (more specifically, the vehicles all have remmed out lines for it there). So include the Objects.cons and remove that second line. Quickly checking through, it seems the rest is set up fine (apart from that missing WingInfo you mentioned) so it should work (test on custom).

Thing about using map updates to fix the Brig is that it'll have to be done in any map anyone ever makes with a Brig...wouldn't take up much space since it's just text, but people might not know or forget to fix it in custom maps. Objects.rfa would fix it forever, plus the Rain, plus anything else we happen to run into (Mosquito's tendecy to start flying?).

I'll be doing a new patch for/version of Scurvy Cove Classic now, to fix the runabouts (the sloops too if they have the network problem), add in a couple textures of old that got changed just before release, incorporate the patches I've made for the object spawns and ticket limit, and maybe try to find some of those floating trees.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ah, so I will need the full objects.con for the brigs? I thought the objects.con were fine. Not sure what you mean about deleting the second line though. I guess if I did I might not think they were fine. :p Please expound...

The maps will be a bastardized 1.1 kind of thing. And yes, any future maps using something that was broke in "Final" will require the mapper port their own patch code. It is kinda sucky but 'official' preference is no Final patch atm...
nav
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear that you guys aren't totally finished with the mod for BF1942.

If it's easy for you to fix, it would be nice if you could work on the sounds for the throwing knives/stone axes. Right now whenever you throw a knife at either friend or foe you hear the sound as if you are throwing it at a teammate. It's not a huge problem, but if it's an easy fix it would be great.

CTF in Bloody Bayou seems a little unbalanced in favor of red, due to the nice cannon hill right behind the red flag. You might consider raising the ground behind the blue flag a little bit or lowering the ground behind the red. It's not particularly a bug, but it might balance the CTF form more. That said, it's a great CQ map.

A destructable piece of the wall on Tortuga would definitely help the red team out a bit. I don't know if it would defeat the purpose of the map to do so, but making a section of the outer wall back by the Gallows destructable would certainly help the red team out a lot.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Cool inputs Nav.

Unfortunately we would have to add code to every map to fix knife sounds.

The hill is kinda nice for red but without the hilly backdrop that blue has you are easily silhouetted against the sky - and thus 'seen before seeing' if you are on the hill itself.

EDIT: So USAF you are saying delete the create bodyinfo line? I am 95% certain that you are right but 100% gunshy. Very Happy If I dont remove that line I wont need a new objects file and it shouldn't hurt anything right?
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

No other vehicle assigns NetworkableInfo to the VehicleComplex, so I'd suggest including the Objects.con files with that removed.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ok, I'll try it. Be like the others usually = good. Very Happy
bazookabubblegun
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

DAMN...could anyone else understand that?

I can talk englisha little bit of Russian, SQl, Cisco, and some other crap but dang if that all didn't go right over my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bow down to the masters

User-posted image
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

lol Zook Laughing

I know what's they're talking about relatively. But I'd have to follow it exactly to know which file they're editing and why they're doing it.

But the basic stuff, I got right off the bat. Like the Objects.con and Physics.con files.

Though coding ain't my strong suit :/

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rally Monkey
So if you could just restore that rank..
So if you could just restore that rank..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:05 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Tortuga - Add BLOWUP ABLE WALLS - FTW!!! (and a 2nd way in)
Erwin Rommel
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:21 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Destructable walls = 2nd way in Razz
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:15 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

bazookabubblegun wrote:
DAMN...could anyone else understand that?

I can talk englisha little bit of Russian, SQl, Cisco, and some other crap but dang if that all didn't go right over my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bow down to the masters

Actually, I am a barely functional hack <<no feigned modesty. I know enough to kinda realize how much shit I still dont get. I use brute-force and an overly-thorough approach to even the smallest-scope issues.

However, USAF does get the big flic. He must! I dont think anyone reading these forums can even comprehend how much of a project Scurvy Cove Classic must have been. I believe that code-wise it is more work than all of other Pirates_Final code changes put together. I hate the map as a player (no offense USAF or original mappers Wink) but it is an undeniable badge of BF42 coding proficiency to wrap it up and plumb it inside the Pirates Final mod.

Oh, Tortuga has rope for 2nd way in already too. Wink
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:00 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I was beginning to think nobody had yet noticed the rope Smile Technically im making a third way in, now.
bazookabubblegun
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I noticed the rope but every time iI try to use it someone runs up and corks me in the can!

User-posted image
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

just the way you like it, eh? Razz
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> BFPirates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: