Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
New and Fixed Maps coming soon - input desired
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:29 am 
Post subject: New and Fixed Maps coming soon - input desired
Top Reply with quote

USAF and I have created some new maps and are fixing up old maps as well. USAF has actually created some BFP OBJECTIVE maps for us! Mug Toast

So far there are 5 new maps (I had more but have trashed several already) and maybe another.

Map fixes are also on the way so we can play some of the cool maps that were really to broke to play when released in BFP_Final.

Map fixes so far include:

+Broken Alliance: removed wall and 3 kegs near Treasury door. This should stop the lag and make it easier for noobys to figure out.

+High Tide: half points for CQ

+Dire Straits: half points for CQ

+Uncharted Waters (CQ):
half points
one flag (and smaller cap radius)
boats die sooner when abandoned
removed red cutter code artifact preventing cannon depression

+Frylar: removed rum and lizard near spawns so peeps can camp away.

+Short on Supplies: added ladders and boards to rooftops
Added CTF (with full ammo)

+Sanctuary
!Objective mode (gate and casket)
Moved pegleg starting island much closer
added Pegleg spawns to other isles
Made gates more difficult to blow - and no more sneaking through
moved back spawns so a little less up and down
Other misc gameplay stuff

+Scurvy Cove
Reduced rain particles from 24 to 8 and LOD dist from 60 to 30 to try to prevent that creeping lag some of us get.
USAF does there need to be two rainstorm statics? 40 and 80?

I hope to finish round one of all these maps this week and start testing asap.

SOOOOOOOOOO, what else is busted or could be better?

Last edited by Brutus on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:30 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I also need crit on Tortuga 2. Please respond Smile
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:38 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Cant wait to try them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:51 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Rotten Killer wrote:
Cant wait to try them.

Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:42 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

anonymousity wrote:
I also need crit on Tortuga 2. Please respond Smile

Somtimes red gets bottled up outside the city. Not sure how to fix it but some ideas are:

- add a runabout or two to backside of galleon
- remove lizard lunch and ammo from front of city
- add falcs to galleon
- add rum to galleon??? actually, nah... that would promote spawn camping and might make things worse. Razz
- make the water shallow enough that red can run through waist-deep shallows from galleon to shore (and still dodge shots)

OR

- go back to two dock approach (make double wide docks)
- add spawns to rigging to let them chute to the shore
- Move all (ship and docks and boathouse, etc) closer to shore (less dock to run across). If you hit CTRL you can select multiple objects and move in parallel. Very Happy I just learned that recently. Rolling Eyes The docks are a bitch but everything else could get shifted this way pretty easy.
- do the stuff above the "OR" too?

None of this is thought through. (and Im still on my first cup o coffee. Razz) Just brainstorming, hope it helps.

The docks are only an occasional bottleneck. IMO, everything else PWNS as-is - always.
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:20 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Thanks Smile Yeah, my main goal in fixing it needs to be saving red from that camped nightmare that tends to happen if red loses acess to the city early. I like the idea of widening the docks, and I'll for sure be putting some rowboats on the other side of the galleon. Falcs on the galleon might help as well to deter people from whoring on the beach, but I'll have to be careful, because with the new galleon positioning and the shortened walls you might be able to hit the city.
RCSI
The YARR Master
The YARR Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I will try to get a video on the Brig skipping, because it gets annoying when I play that level, and I am not sure if other people experience it as well.

I am still not sure if its me or the game files.
bazookabubblegun
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

With regards to Tortuga:

Definitely get a second way off the beach. How about a second dock further down the beach with some falcs, that way if someone is whoring form the beach they run the risk of being crossfired upon without the problem of shelling the city.

Also one thing I noticed in Immenent expolsion if you are coming up the alley (coming from blue flag up left hand side) you can go up to the crack between two buildings snipe and get ammo...not sure if that is intentional, also heard (hasn't happened to me) of people saying they are getting stuck in the wall...only heard it haven't seen it maybe once in five games?

Thanks for teh efforts

User-posted image
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

RCSI wrote:
I will try to get a video on the Brig skipping, because it gets annoying when I play that level, and I am not sure if other people experience it as well.

I am still not sure if its me or the game files.

Oh yeah... This one is a bitch cuz its intermittent. It is not just you. Anyone want to volunteer to do some analysis to try to figure out under what conditions this happens? This never happens to me when I take the wheel but it does occur if I am the passenger. Mostly it occurs when I spawn in crow's nest.

My guess is the network settings - maybe the rudder. RCSI does this happen to you all the time in multiplayer but not in single player? Does it happen only on Dire or do you get it on Shark Haven brigs too?

So, if people could help define the problem it would be easier to fix.
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The two stacked RainStorms on Scurvy are because it's too tall for just one...you could double the time to live and just use the one on top, but it'd still result in the same amount of particles in existence at any given time so it wouldn't effect anything.

With those values it seemed extremely hard to see the rain for me, mainly when up on walls and such...I suggest running a lag test on people with just the particle intensity reduction, leaving the LOD distance at 60 first. I think 90% of the rain you see is more than 30 BF meters away, so it looks incredibly dry otherwise.

Edit: The Brig skipping feels just like the runabouts from 0.10/0.11 and Scurvy Cove Classic....if we could research the fix for the runabout we could fix it all.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

USAF 777 wrote:
The two stacked RainStorms on Scurvy are because it's too tall for just one...you could double the time to live and just use the one on top, but it'd still result in the same amount of particles in existence at any given time so it wouldn't effect anything.

With those values it seemed extremely hard to see the rain for me, mainly when up on walls and such...I suggest running a lag test on people with just the particle intensity reduction, leaving the LOD distance at 60 first. I think 90% of the rain you see is more than 30 BF meters away, so it looks incredibly dry otherwise.

Edit: The Brig skipping feels just like the runabouts from 0.10/0.11 and Scurvy Cove Classic....if we could research the fix for the runabout we could fix it all.

I'll put the LOD back to 60. It seemed ok on the boats (crows nest) but the whole field of view was open to me and i can already visualize you point.

Hmm, the runabouts are another avenue of approach to the problem then. I'd like to use brigs as a center-piece in one of the new maps too so it is worth the effort. If I can get ahead on the almost done maps I'll look at the old runabout code and new runabout code. I wish I kept some of the intermittent Komodo code too because i got similar issues due to the rudder settings. Picky shit... Maybe we can use some settings from a vanilla boat - that we can at least test with the intent of specifically ruling out (or pinpointing) the rudder.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I double posted to get attention...

USAF, the wing and rudder parameters are different but I suspect you already hammered these options yourself so ill skip the details.

HOWEVER, I have noticed that all vanilla vehicles keep the number of network data items to 7 instances or less. This may be a byte limitation... just like the number of passenger locations < 7... The komodo worked far better when I reduced the networkableinfo items. Just a magic # I noticed. Could be coincidence.

I recommmend you try reducing the # of NetworkableInfo.createNewInfo items from 10 to 7 or fewer. I tried to get the skip offline and cant so I do think it is networkableinfo related somehow. Does anyone get the skipping offline?
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Skipping only occurs for clients connected to another server....I'll look into the number right now; most stuff is limited, including control points...
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Hahahaha I figured out the brig. Took two seconds... Should been a different two seconds though. (like before 'Final' release Rolling Eyes)

I put the brig's rudder info in 'redbrigwinginfo' networkable item in the Physics.CON but never CREATED a placeholder for it in the Network.CON. Very Happy

It might be something else but i can see this causing issues, if not the problem entirely. Smashed
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The overload of different NetworkableInfos is an issue....I just made a lil patch for Scurvy Classic that fixes to runabout to use only four different entries in Network.con (like the current runabout does) and testing it on the custom server showed that it eliminated 99% of the lag. Deleting the patch and reloading the map brough it all back.

If the Brig has problems from this, we'll have to fix it in Objects.rfa, which cannot have patch files (i.e. Objects_000), or we'd have to do it on every map. Objects.rfa update is probably best, it'll mean it's basically Pirates 1.1 and nobody with 1.0 files could play on the server without the new ones but its the best way....luckily Objects.rfa is just a bunch of compressed text files.

Brutus = Genius
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> BFPirates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: