Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
BFP acting werid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:51 pm 
Post subject: BFP acting werid
Top Reply with quote

Ever since last week when I joined a game one day, I think it was Dire Straits, the whole map was like screwed up, there was parts missing and it just looked werid. So I hit ESC a couple times, going back and forth, and it finally went back to normal. But since then it's been doing it everytime I join a game. It becomes extremely laggy and parts of the maps aren't there until I hit ESC. Sometimes its a whole bunch of land and sometimes its as small as I pull out my sword and it isn't there. I also sometimes see grids when something explodes. Any clue what's going on?

My monitor has been acting werid too. My computer will freeze for a split second and then it goes black to unfreeze...It just started that too.
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Sounds like you could have a few things going on.

Check to see if your video card drivers are current. Perhaps you may even consider reinstalling them. Also, try doing a defrag. I have no clue how this will help, but ever since I did one my computer has been running wonderfully. Run a virus scan and maybe some spyware or something would show up.
Another thing you could try doing is blowing the dust out of your case. Yet another thing to do would be unplug your monitor from your video card, blow inside and get the dust out of there.

Hope this helps!

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I tried all those, and it's still doing the same thing. Here's some the crap it's been doing.

Dire Straits Map
User-posted image

Loading Screen
User-posted image

Cut Throat Creek
User-posted image

Another Cut Throat Creek
User-posted image
Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Looks awefully due to a video card problem.
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

BOOM wrote:
Looks awefully due to a video card problem.

QFE, if reinstalling the drivers didn't work, I dunno Sad
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Actually I forgot about doing that, but I'm not sure how to re-install them. I know how to unistall it, but when re-install it will it just detect it back or what?
CountChocula

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

well, first question: did you recently update the drivers?
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The first thing you need to do is figure out wich video card you have. There are a bunch of ways of doing this, but the way I prefer is going to Start -> Run and punching in dxdiag. This will bring up your directx diagnostic tool. Navigate to the display tab and note the information next to where it says name. Punch that information into google followed by the word driver and see if you can find a site that will let you download it. Run the installation, and you should be peachy. Very Happy

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Alright, I checked for updates and there is none, I'll try Boom's idea.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

if u have win xp, these are what u want

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.95.html

thatll prolly fix ur prob, if not, open up the case & blow the dust out & make sure all the cards are seated properly (all they way in the slot Horny Horny )
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:09 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well I tried downloading that update, and taking the case off and blowing out the dust, and it still does the same thing. If I hit ESC a couple times and keep goig back in game, it goes back to normal but its extremely laggy to point where it's unplayable...mabye my video card is dieing Sad

Only thin I havent tried yet, is re installing the driver but I cant find a place where I can re-install it.
CountChocula

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

right click on "my computer" (not a shortcut to it) then go to "hardware" then "device manager" then go to "display adapters", find your video card, right click and press "properties", then go to the "driver" tab, and choose "roll back driver"
if you had updated the driver before the problems arose, that may fix it
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Rolling back the driver didn't work eithier

It's decided now after it freezes for no reason to restart on its own Evil or Very Mad
bazookabubblegun
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I would guees that either the driver is screwey or the card is crapped out. Go to nvidia and download the driver again:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.95.html

Driver Installation Hints

"Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.

Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.

If that doesn't work try a different video card in that slot to see if it is the problem.

User-posted image
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I give up...

I tried running ad-adware, defragging, updating the video card, rolling back the video card, unistalling and re-installing the video card, trying to do a system restore, running check disk,....you name it I've tried it.

I'm thinking my video card is dying but I tried troubleshooting it and updateing it and it says its fine so now I'm thinking mabye its the RAM? I only have 256...What do you guys think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: