Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
I FUCKING HATE EA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:13 am 
Post subject: I FUCKING HATE EA
Top Reply with quote

well besides them ruining westwood, whole other story.....

recently my bf2 has been crashing randomely after anywhere between 5-30 minutes of online gameplay. I got sick of it so I sent EA a detailed description of the problem, my Easy info wich lists everysingle spec of my comp.. including driver versions.... I also send hem my divx info...which they requested.

So I thought hey, they have to give me some kind of help, it won't be good, but it will at least be decent.

my discription.
Code:
I have been playing bf2 since it first came out and have only had a few problems with it. It seemed that when I would play for awhile textures would start dissappearing. my gun would turn solid white, or an object solid black. also the roads would turn grey. This teded to not be much of a problem since a simple restart would correct the issue. However after downloading the 1.03 patch The issue started occuring frequently everytime I played, and as soon as I would start my game. The game often became extremely choppy when this occured. A few days after downloading the problem ceased, but now the game just flat out crashes 3 minutes, sometimes up to 30 minutes into the game. I heard that the issue might be hyperthreading, so I disabled it in bios. Although this has not solved the problem at all. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated, attached is a copy of my easy info, and the distorted video. The more severe times this occured the in-game screenshot feature did not work, but I was able to save it in MS paint. I am currently running medium settings on gfx and sound.

There BULLSHIT computer generated response.....AHHHHH
Code:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support.

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the game.Crashing after a black screen can be caused by a few different things, including (but not limited to) an incompatible video card, older drivers for a compatible video card or sound card, or a corrupted version of Direct X. There are several steps we can take to try and resolve this issue.

I suggest that you  update your video card drivers to enhance the performance of your PC. These drivers can be obtained by taking the following steps:

Go to: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
There you will see three boxes. In the first box, Choose "Graphics Driver".
In the second box, choose the type of Video card you have. Your Video card is the:
In the third box, choose your Operating System (Windows Version), and click "Go!".
Click on the " Primary Download Site ".
Read the LICENSE AGREEMENT and click "Accept".

It should then prompt you to begin the download. Be mindful of any additional Install or download instructions that Nvidia recommends.

Now please check your dxdiag at the display tab.  The driver version should now read 6.14.0010.81894.

You may not know it, but chances are that you have a variety of programs running in the background on your computer eating up system resources. These programs can range from installed applications to hidden spyware, and are generally running without your knowledge. Closing these unnecessary background processes will help boost system performance in your game, as well as free up system resources which may be conflicting with the game. This is something you can do before starting the game every time you wish to play, and which will not permanently affect your computer.

Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time
Click the "Processes" tab.
Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
Click on END PROCESS
Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.

Please try running the game in windowed mode:
To run in a window:
1. Right-click on the shortcut.
2. Select properties from the drop down menu.
3. in the target line you should see: "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1
4. Change the last number to 0.
5. So it will look like: "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0
6. Then use that shortcut to start the game.

Try cleaning out your Temporary directory. Do not delete the folder itself, open the folder, select all of the contents, and then delete them. Often you will get an error that some of these files can't be deleted. This is usually because they are currently in use, so first let's end any program that would be using these temporary files.

Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time
Click the "Processes" tab.
Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
Click on END PROCESS
Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.

Note that some applications may take multiple times before closing. Don't worry that you are permanently changing your system configuration; these applications will return when you restart your system. Once this step has been completed, please proceed to the steps below.

Double click on "My Computer"
Double click on the C: drive
Double click on the "Windows" folder.
Double click on the "Temp" folder.
Hold the "CTRL" key and tap the "A" key to select all.
Tap the "Delete" key on your keyboard and accept the "Are you sure you want to delete these files" prompt.

You will need to lower a Hardware Sound Acceleration setting on your computer to "Basic". To do this, follow these steps:

Click the Start button in the bottom left hand corner of your Desktop.
Click on "Run".
Erase any text already in the run prompt.
Type in: dxdiag
Click the OK button.
Select the sound tab at the top of the tool.
Set the Hardware Sound Acceleration Slider to "Basic".
Click "Exit" in the bottom right hand corner.

Contact your Motherboard manufacturer to obtain and install the latest version of their firmware. For information about how to contact your Motherboard hardware manufacturer, click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
65416 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, A-K
60781 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, L-P
60782 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, Q-Z
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.  www.microsoft.com

Adjust your monitors to the games default refresh rate of 60 hz

Right-click on your desktop and choose Properties.
Click on the Settings tab in the Display Properties window.
Click on the Advanced button.
Click on the Monitor tab.
Change the Screen refresh rate drop-down box to 60 hz.
Click the Apply button, and close all open windows.

HOTFIX for BF2 v1.03 Now Available!
The hotfix for Battlefield 2 v1.03 is now available for download. This update replaces v1.02 . Please log on to
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=update_103
 Please check your  game version.  This can be found at the lower left hand corner of the Main screen under the Quit button.
Un-patched version of the game is 1.0.2442.0
Patched version 1.1   is 1.1.2475.0
Patched version 1.02  is 1.1.2484.0
Patched version 1.03 is 1.1.2551.0
Patch 1.03 is a stand alone patch meaning it can be used with or without the other patches.

Try to resolve you issue by executing the steps listed below
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Click on the My Documents icon.
3. Right-click on the Battlefield2 folder.
4. Select delete.
NOTE: All of the user stats are held server side. So customers should not lose any stats by doing this.
5. Try the game again.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase http://ea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10914
Please email us about any significant change or development with your issue and let me know if there are any questions at all about this.

Thank you for choosing EA Games!

Victor O
Electronics Arts Technical Support

A huge list of like 30 fix it's, a good third of which do not apply to me. Not to mention I love how they ended on the note that a new Hotfix was availible (1.03) When I clearly stated the Problem only occured after I Downloaded there "patch" that was a Hot"FIX"

BULLSHIT! Man am I going to bitch them up a huge storm....
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:25 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

sorry man but i have to say LEWL

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:
This mod is rightfully ours, and fuck everyone that stands in our way.

fair winds and following seas, lil shoes 8/3/94-6/23/09
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:18 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Technical support is bullshit and automated anymore. They probably auto searched your description, then auto copied a laundry list of possible fixes that may apply to you.
Stupid, stupid, stupid...

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:43 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

It sucks to be youuuuuuu, come on sing along, it sucks to be youuuuuuuuu

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
firefox_71
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:14 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Actually bro, I think it's windows that conflicts with it. I myself have never had a problem with BF2, but some of the guys in the clan have the same problem you are talking about. Can you list your hardware?

Maybe between all of us we can get this issue fixed

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Achtane
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be Dice's problem?

I mean, they were the developers...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:41 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

slutter, i had the same prob, it has to do w/ the pactes not piling up right

you have to uninstall bf2, and comb the registry for EVERY trace of it, reinstall, install 1.3 & ur good to go
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

New patch for BF2 was just released today

SupaFly wrote:

Quote:

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm gonna dl the new patch if that doesn't work I guess I will just reinstall Sad
SupaFly

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

new patch does next to nothing... im tellin ya, the least ur gonna have to do is reinstall

User-posted image
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

SupaFly wrote:
new patch does next to nothing... im tellin ya, the least ur gonna have to do is reinstall

User-posted image

QFE, but the patch DOES do something - it lets the jerks w/ Special Forces use their guns on you: such as flashbangs and whatever SF gun they would unlock

GAY!
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
firefox_71
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

don't hate, tolerate Very Happy

I hardly ever use anything other than my jackhammer Very Happy

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

OMFG So basically EA was to busy incorporating it's patch into mainstream bf2 that it didn't spend any time on tech support for tech suport on the patch.... why am I even suprised
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

EA = Evil Assholes

But I have ta admit... they gave us BF1942...

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:23 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You might hate EA; however, EA Sports games KICK ASS

SupaFly wrote:

Quote:

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: