Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Wow...my dad just got a G4 for $1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabberwocky
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

you're an idiot if you think models are most of the game.

Quote:
Why do they make it on a Mac your asking? Hmm, considering the fact that they are the faster of the two machines and they don't crash...

that statement is stupid. not all pcs crash all the time, and i hope not all macs crash all the time. if you run a PC intelligently it doesn't crash, excepting hardware problems.

Quote:
Mac revolutionalizes the world as we know it.

what the hell are you talking about?
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
The Models are made on the Mac, which is the main majority of the game you see. The coding is the same on both.

Why do they make it on a Mac your asking? Hmm, considering the fact that they are the faster of the two machines and they don't crash...

O RLY?

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/11_nov/reviews/cw_macvspciii.htm

That article isn't the best, but it's the only non-biased one i found.

Quote:
Why would Mac convert them? Well let's just think about this shall we? Considering that Windows makes most of their profit on the games they sell for the PC and other software... why would Mac put their games on their own platform? It's not the common computer at home and MOST can't afford two computers... So they chose a Windows. Macs convert to Windows in order to recieve the majority of the profits. However, this won't last long.

But isn't there a reason WHY games are ported to windows in the first place? I mean, Mac and Windows, they've been around for about the same time...

Perhaps it's because the average consumer has more choices. They can have a Gateway, an E-Machine, a Dell, a Compaq ........ the list goes on. They can even build their own. Mac just has, well, Mac.

Quote:

Mac revolutionalizes the world as we know it. Japan doesn't even use a Windows unless it's a particular software in which they MUST use windows to use that program. In about one to two years, Macs will have an adapter built into them that allows a user to use a Windows, a Mac, and a Linux whenever they want. Why the fuck would you want a windows when you can have all three?

Because Windows is superior?

Quote:
I'll start listing things in which why a Mac would be better than a Windows... such as the something simple as the mouse.

One button into two.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70202/wo/cr4cBgxj9r0K3MzvVC3wt0Pj0vv/1.SLID?mco=392EC8B&nplm=MA086LL%2FA

Dude, I could get a mouse from BigLots for like 2.99 and throw a blanket over it and it's practically the same thing.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wang Chung wrote:
Stealth wrote:
Oh don't you the fuck fight me with this one. Mac is one of my touchy subjects like Rally is with politics. If you choose to talk trash about a mac, your ass will get owned.

And if you want to have a debate, you can't put your word in and slam the door of the topic shut.

I didn't want a debate. I knew this would become a flame war b/c I'm VERY protective of computers. Mac and Windows. If you were to diss me saying that Windows sucked and you were a Mac fan, I'd be pissed. People need to reconize BOTH advantages and Disadvantages of the Windows and the Mac. But do people take the time to do so? No.

Quote:
50% of Window games are converted over b/c of Mac's capibilites. They're created using photoshop and Maya. They run faaarrr better than Windows does b/c you don't even get a little lag IF you know how to set it up right.

Photoshop and Maya work perfectly well with Windows. I suppose you wouldn't get any lag IF you knew how to set it up right.

Photoshop = get a big ass image. Run a filter. Major lag and even non responding. I can't tell you how many times I've have to save b/c if I clicked on it, Windows would die.

Maya = I can't even rotate the model. It's like turning left or right in PoP. Just lag central.

Quote:

Halo was an example in which it was even proven. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you HAVE to agree with the example. Halo has been one of the biggest smash hits SINCE Mario whether you like it or not. The amount of copies bought on the game exceed Mario ten-fold (not including all the other Mario titles, but just the reg. nintendo version.) It exceeded the amount of Mario copies in two days. The first Halo built up, but it sold out extremely quickly once it was finally reconized. Halo 2 may have been crapping in my opinion, but you can't just ignore the statistics, which is an AVERAGE.

It's not possible to say that Halo was successful because it was created using Macs.

Only the models, animation, and code was made all on a Mac for Halo. Just the entire game... Yea, it wasn't successful at all.

Quote:
And for your OS 10, what model of Mac did you use? How old was it? Was it an iMac? iBook? It all depends on the actual system. You have no fucking right to blame all of Mac abilities b/c of your fucking incident with ONE mac.

Mac OS has always been touted as relatively backwards compatible, but I'll be honest, I'm not sure of the age/model of this one. It was certainly newer than a 2nd-gen iMac. Either way, OS10 refused to install.

For the record, I put XP on a Cyrix 250mhz with 56Mb of RAM.

Panther? Tiger? Reg? If I recall, OS10 was not compatible with a 2nd gen iMac b/c mine wouldn't run it.

Quote:
It's the same as Windows. Amount of RAM, graphics card, it's all pretty much the same. Oh yea, not to meantion the fact that Windows was created BY A MAC.

Windows wasn't created by a MAC Neutral

Bill Gates stole the Windows layout from Mac AS they were building it. He simply put up a copyright before they did and stole the credit.

Quote:
I'm dead serious. I hate it when people diss Macs when both Windows and Mac have their faults and advantages.

I hate eggs.

I hate people that only see what they want to see and not everything as a whole.

Quote:
Macs are fast and can handle more things at once b/c their organized with their software and hardware which is why businesses like to use the Macs to create the models for Windows.

I thought the hardware was the same? Wait, it isn't - that's visible too - there's only one mouse button.

It's called a Mighty Mouse.

Quote:
Windows is more userfriendly, easy access, more games and is built to do some of the lesser easier things.

I've been talking to Jabber, and the one thing that I've found is that no pro-mac junkies can create a central argument. I've heard MANY people say that Mac is far more user-friendly and easy-access.

Quote:
Macs don't have as many good browsers or video games, not is everything compatible with it. Most things have to be done in a certain way or it won't work.

Macs don't have as many good browsers? WEB browsers?

Dude, things have to be done a certain way with ANY computer. GIGO.

Is it bash Stealth day? Your even debating something I was agreeing with you in the first place... I admit that some things are better for a Windows than a Mac, I give an example and it still goes to hell. So why should I even continue?

Quote:
Windows likes to lag up a lot and crash over even the simplest of things.

Mine doesn't ?

Mine does. Twice a day. And I even keep it clean too, such as dusting it, defraging it, clearing Temp files, replacing old parts, and all of that.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Jabberwocky wrote:
you're an idiot if you think models are most of the game.

Quote:

that statement is stupid. not all pcs crash all the time, and i hope not all macs crash all the time. if you run a PC intelligently it doesn't crash, excepting hardware problems.

Quote:
Mac revolutionalizes the world as we know it.

what the hell are you talking about?

I've already told you. But did you read the rest of the quote? Fuck no.

No wonder why your so confused.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Have you ever noticed that Microsoft doesn't actually invent? They buy other companies' products and claim them as their own.

User-posted image
Jabberwocky
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Quote:
Mine does. Twice a day. And I even keep it clean too, such as dusting it, defraging it, clearing Temp files, replacing old parts, and all of that.

And for your PC, what model did you use? How old was it? Was it a COMPAQ? TANDY? It all depends on the actual system. You have no fucking right to blame all of PC abilities b/c of your fucking incident with ONE PC.
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:

Quote:
Macs don't have as many good browsers or video games, not is everything compatible with it. Most things have to be done in a certain way or it won't work.

Is it bash Stealth day? Your even debating something I was agreeing with you in the first place... I admit that some things are better for a Windows than a Mac, I give an example and it still goes to hell. So why should I even continue?

I asked you a question - did you mean web browsers? If so, that's certainly a dopey thing to say, seeing as most third party web browsers (regarded as *the good ones*) are fully cross-platform.

I didn't debate anything. All I said was that things have to be a done a certain way on any computer .... garbage in, garbage out ... it's a basic principle of computer sciences.
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
Have you ever noticed that Microsoft doesn't actually invent? They buy other companies' products and claim them as their own.

O RLY?

About what you said in that other post - Jobs and Gates took the GUI from Xerox Very Happy
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wang Chung wrote:
Stealth wrote:
The Models are made on the Mac, which is the main majority of the game you see. The coding is the same on both.

O RLY?

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/11_nov/reviews/cw_macvspciii.htm

That article isn't the best, but it's the only non-biased one i found.

I was basing on my past experience with both Mac and PCs for the last 10 years of my life. Not to meantion that the article you gave was a 1.25 GHz G4 Mac. Which is actually a pretty outdated version that still had panther on it. Tiger is much faster than that and it's even way more faster because of the new G5. Thus, the evidence is void.

Quote:
Why would Mac convert them? Well let's just think about this shall we? Considering that Windows makes most of their profit on the games they sell for the PC and other software... why would Mac put their games on their own platform? It's not the common computer at home and MOST can't afford two computers... So they chose a Windows. Macs convert to Windows in order to recieve the majority of the profits. However, this won't last long.

But isn't there a reason WHY games are ported to windows in the first place? I mean, Mac and Windows, they've been around for about the same time...

Perhaps it's because the average consumer has more choices. They can have a Gateway, an E-Machine, a Dell, a Compaq ........ the list goes on. They can even build their own. Mac just has, well, Mac.

All those brand names and none of them work right. I go around my school every single day installing Norton on all of the School's machines. Now. These are very nice machines too. Not that out of date shit. But ya know something? 25% of them actually get it installed correctly the very first time. I have to spend around 2 hours of my day fixing damned Windows that can't even install a software correctly.

The machines are Dell Dimension 2400 or better.

Everytime I have to fix a Mac, it does it for me using the built in repair software and that's all. It's ready to go and it's fixed.

Quote:

Mac revolutionalizes the world as we know it. Japan doesn't even use a Windows unless it's a particular software in which they MUST use windows to use that program. In about one to two years, Macs will have an adapter built into them that allows a user to use a Windows, a Mac, and a Linux whenever they want. Why the fuck would you want a windows when you can have all three?

Because Windows is superior?

How? Stating that it's superior with no evidence means it's just a statement and nothing more. Therefore, that entire line means nothing.

Quote:
I'll start listing things in which why a Mac would be better than a Windows... such as the something simple as the mouse.

One button into two.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70202/wo/cr4cBgxj9r0K3MzvVC3wt0Pj0vv/1.SLID?mco=392EC8B&nplm=MA086LL%2FA

Dude, I could get a mouse from BigLots for like 2.99 and throw a blanket over it and it's practically the same thing.

Let's see you play BFP with a blanket over your mouse and see how you do. Oh WAIT! You don't play BFP anymore. Nevermind.

User-posted image
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Jabberwocky wrote:
Quote:

And for your PC, what model did you use? How old was it? Was it a COMPAQ? TANDY? It all depends on the actual system. You have no fucking right to blame all of PC abilities b/c of your fucking incident with ONE PC.

Did I blame all of the PCs based on one PC? No. I have have 10 over the course of my life. Not to mention the ones I work on at school, at my dad's job, and the ones at friends house.

It's a Dimension 2300.

User-posted image
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wang Chung wrote:
Stealth wrote:

Quote:

I asked you a question - did you mean web browsers? If so, that's certainly a dopey thing to say, seeing as most third party web browsers (regarded as *the good ones*) are fully cross-platform.

I didn't debate anything. All I said was that things have to be a done a certain way on any computer .... garbage in, garbage out ... it's a basic principle of computer sciences.

I don't know what to call them. When I view any PHPBB format with a Mac, weird shit happens to it. And I guess it would be proper to say that most of the sites I view regularly, don't work on a Mac. Well they work... just not very well.

BFP E moves things around. The smileys flash and do some weird stuff I don't know how to describe. I guess they change color...

User-posted image
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Overall, people just don't realize the difference between a Mac and a PC.

To me, they're both equal in their own ways. When I mean equal, I don't mean they both do the same things.

Mac does some good things Windows can't.

Windows does some good things Macs can't.

And I support those two statements.

The thing that pisses me off the most is when people only choose one of those statements and use it constantly, like Jabber.

User-posted image
Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Uh... wtf?

This is just like comparing consoles to PC's....
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

OK OK OK, I admit it........... I don't play BFP anymore.

Maybe it's because I'm using a mac Crying or Very sad
bazookabubblegun
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Just gonna sit back and wait for the revolution then I guess...

Let's see Mac 4% market share...Windows 90%

Linux is growing faser than Mac in Japan - which is still dominated by Windows. Only in converged hand held devices is MS not the tops.

My windows servers (15 of them) have not been reboot in 6 months, not one crash.

We have 178 compaqs running windows 2000 or XP, no crashes (office sometimes: had some trouble with Outlook 2003 until I figured out a few changes necessary). Granted there are some problems, but show me you me the entire network (servers included) that is Mac.

Mac stole the mouse, e-mail, and the windows/gui interface from IBM (the palo alto research center) then MS stole it from them.

User-posted image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: