Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Power Supply
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:45 pm 
Post subject: Power Supply
Top Reply with quote

So, I got up this morning, came down to my computer and it wasn't on. I played around with it trying to get it to do something, but nothing happened. My dad came down and fooled with it, and he couldn't get it to work eithier. We both think it's the power supply since we're not getting power. Thing is, last time I had computer trouble my dad bought a new power supply so it's only 3 months old. Can they go bad that fast?...

And with my luck, I forgot to take out my BF CD last night so now it's stuck in there, Sad so I won't be playing anything unless I can get the CD out, unless you uB3r smart computer people have an idea Razz
Jabberwocky
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

sorry i don't know anything about the power supply, but look around on the front of your CD drive. there should be a little hole you can stick a paperclip into that will pop the drive open, i'm pretty sure they put it on all drives just in case.
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:05 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Jabberwocky wrote:
sorry i don't know anything about the power supply, but look around on the front of your CD drive. there should be a little hole you can stick a paperclip into that will pop the drive open, i'm pretty sure they put it on all drives just in case.

Yeah, I was about to say this. Take a paperclip and unfold it and press the unfolded long part slowly and with a lot of force into the drive. It won't make it eject like pressing the button, but the harder and more you push it in the more the drive comes out. MOST, but not ALL drives have that. If that doesn't work, and you at least have BF42 installed on another computer, we can do a few tricks Smile

Now, on to the power supply ... just for clarification, you mean the power supply INSIDE of the machine (converts AC power to DC power for stuff), NOT the surge protector / power strip outside of the computer?

Check to make sure a SURGE light isn't lit up on your surge protector. If it is, then reset the surge protector and play around with it. Try plugging the comp into different outlets and stuff.

On the back of the power supply of the computer, check to make sure the toggle switch is turned to I or 1, meaning on. Also, make sure the voltage is at 115, not 230.
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

and when youve done everything wang said & you still have the problem (if you do) and you decide its power supply time, buy a lil more than you need... off name psu's are hit & miss... some go for years, some crap out in 3 months (as yours might have) id reccomend antec or thermaltake (there are a few other good names i can think of off hand) or, if u find one u like, post a link to it here & we could rate it for you (the trick is looking at the amperages on the 3 diff rails... if the +5v rail is less than 30 amps or so, id pass, but that isnt always everything, some +12v rails are weak when the 5 isnt)
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well my dad already took it to his friend to look at so I'll have to see if I can do the paper clip trick tomorrow.

I'm going to my mom's house this Friday for the week and I have BF installed there, but if I don't have the CD, Can I play it?

Yes Wang, the power supply in the machine. I checked the surge protector and reset and everything it still wouldn't do a thing. I tried plugging other thing into the oulet to see if something was wrong with the outlet, but they worked. And the O button was flipped outward like it's suppose to be and the voltage was on 115. That's why I'm stumped.

If I end up needing a new power supply I'll check with you guys, and thanks Supa and Wang, I'll look at those.
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Bunny wrote:
Well my dad already took it to his friend to look at so I'll have to see if I can do the paper clip trick tomorrow.

I'm going to my mom's house this Friday for the week and I have BF installed there, but if I don't have the CD, Can I play it?

no-CD haxxxxxxx!!!!!! Very Happy
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Gen. Death
Bum in a Box
Bum in a Box

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

www.gamecopyworld.com

search and you find Very Happy
The wronging of the past must be made right in the present.
GotMilk? wrote:
The ones I would recruit are not the ones going "HOW DOES I JOIN TC?!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Jabberwocky
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

you could download a no-cd crack that will let you run it without a CD. wang has one, he can link it to you. you just extract some files into the BF1942 folder (it overwrites some stuff so you might want to back up the files it's going to overwrite just in case you ever want to go back to using the CD).
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Jabberwocky wrote:
you could download a no-cd crack that will let you run it without a CD. wang has one, he can link it to you. you just extract some files into the BF1942 folder (it overwrites some stuff so you might want to back up the files it's going to overwrite just in case you ever want to go back to using the CD).

like I said...

CountChocula wrote:

no-CD haxxxxxxx!!!!!! Very Happy

[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

*looks at count's post*

Am I hearing something? Sounds like a weird cat.... Razz

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

For the CD thing, if you already have it installed, you can just use the second disk or whatever.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
SupaFly

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:34 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

theboomboom wrote:
For the CD thing, if you already have it installed, you can just use the second disk or whatever.

nope, tried it, i had to rebuy bf42 once cuz i lost it.... (and the cd key)
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:23 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

SupaFly wrote:
theboomboom wrote:

actually boomboom's right supa, if you already have it installed
SupaFly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

massive wrote:
SupaFly wrote:
theboomboom wrote:

youre sure it starts with disc 2?? i dont think mine did... and when we were lanning that pissed me off too, i may be wrong, someone try it & lemme know (i got the nocd exe)
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:29 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

SupaFly wrote:
massive wrote:
SupaFly wrote:
theboomboom wrote:

youre sure it starts with disc 2?? i dont think mine did... and when we were lanning that pissed me off too, i may be wrong, someone try it & lemme know (i got the nocd exe)

used to do it all the time - 4 PCs - 2 complete BF disc sets, every has either disc 1 or 2 in the drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: