Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
how does your hate rate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Fornicator.
Forcinator
Forcinator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Drunken Monkey wrote:
ok for the record in WW2 the french had a bigger army than germany, better tanks, more of them, + that bunker line that germany just went around.

after they gave up, a large part of the french army swiched sides and fought FOR the germans. down in africa we ran into them. we landed at a place they controled, they killd 0ver 13,000 US solgers before running behind the german lines. the french navy was also going to swich but britan got word and did a pearl harber type air raid on them and sunk the whole fleet.

and this is just in WW2.......the french have been pulling #### like that sence the colaps of the Roman empire.

edit: but i dont hate the french people so much as the country of france

like omg where u saw that!!!
This didn't happen like this...
User-posted image
DarkCloud
Old Fart's Cabin Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Hmm, I never heard that before, I don't really know a lot about WW2. Whos to say the french chose to fight for the germans, when the germans conquered europe they made the countries soldiers fight for them. You can blame their commanders and generals, but just because they make mistakes doesn't mean its the soldier's fault. Thousands of french soldiers died for our freedom, shit in the first world war they walked in lines into machine gun fire and were slaughtered. It just bugs me thats all, at the Somme the british done the very same and people say they are heros, but when the french done it they are pussies or cowards, doesn't make sense to me.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

DarkCloud wrote:
Hmm, I never heard that before, I don't really know a lot about WW2. Whos to say the french chose to fight for the germans, when the germans conquered europe they made the countries soldiers fight for them. You can blame their commanders and generals, but just because they make mistakes doesn't mean its the soldier's fault. Thousands of french soldiers died for our freedom, shit in the first world war they walked in lines into machine gun fire and were slaughtered. It just bugs me thats all, at the Somme the british done the very same and people say they are heros, but when the french done it they are pussies or cowards, doesn't make sense to me.

Indeed and British too (though more French)... All meat-shields and bullet sponges... I dont think any real historians consider the Somme a stunning victory or that France didnt contribute to WWI. That is RIDICULUOS! It was kind of a draw at the Somme - just France and Britain had more people so could absorb the loss better at that point in the war. Pretty much whole end of war was like that, attrition...
RCSI
The YARR Master
The YARR Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Drunken Monkey wrote:
RCSI wrote:
lots of hate in CA

lol most of the rest of the states hate CA too...........

but i know that you dont hate me, and thats what matters Razz
Cpt. LandLubber
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:01 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

bah, if it weren't for the french you americans would still be speaking... english Confused
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:39 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

hahaha I hate English - at least spelling-wise. Youd think theyd get their act together. for example simple 'f' sound could be:

f
ff
ph
gh (cough)

Hopefully l337 speak and text messaging will open the doors to spelling like it sounds. I HATE teaching my kids the 'nuances" of English spelling - HATE HATE HATE it. I HATE saying, "just cuz it is..., I dont like it either".

Very Happy
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:09 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

RCSI wrote:
Drunken Monkey wrote:
RCSI wrote:
lots of hate in CA

lol most of the rest of the states hate CA too...........

but i know that you dont hate me, and thats what matters Razz

true Smile

in fact the only thing i personaly dont like about CA is hollywood and actors in general..........well i dont realy hate it.......just dont like it i gues...........

and at times (verry rare though) i dont think the french are so bad either....hey we did let them get back at the brits in 1779 after all (i think that is when it ended. but im not shure....not my time or intrest.......though i still beti know more about it than the average jo Wink )

the time i find most interesting is the time just afte the fall of the Romen empire (about 6-700 AD) back to the down of civilization

id better stop here............i could end up like Brutus in a bit Wink

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

DarkCloud wrote:
Whos to say the french chose to fight for the germans, when the germans conquered europe they made the countries soldiers fight for them.

I would shoot myself in the face, or pull an aaaaaaaallllllllaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh on the nazi headquarters before I fought my allies.
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Cpt. LandLubber wrote:
bah, if it weren't for the french you americans would still be speaking... english Confused

LMAO
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

CountChocula wrote:
Cpt. LandLubber wrote:

LMAO

yes I guess we speak american Razz

lewl, neways the french did help out a great deal, but as I recall they didn't show up w/ actual soldier support until nearly the end of the war. Before they just gave us supplies, and no I'm not a french hater, I do think all this freedom fries stuff is bullshit. A country always reserves the right to go to war, and should'nt just give into peer pressure from america, and other allies.

I say let the past be the past, france and america are always changing, just like every country you cant hold a country's past against them, If we did this we would have to all hate germans b/c they were Nazis. Even though most modern day germans hate the nazis as much as anyone else.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

200 years ago is pretty current history IMO. The French actually sent quite a bit of support (right here to Newport RI in fact Very Happy) considering they just finished the French and Indian War. The English too were poor and weak (hence their raising of taxes and our opportunity to go solo) But admittedly French support was more of the nail in the English coffin than the creation of the coffin itself - and it probably ended the war so who knows how valuable it might have SEEMED if we hadnt gotten it... Incidentally, it was costly to the French - it, like the other recent war expenditures (both financial and political), contributed to THEIR Revolutionary War.

How did this become a history thread. Confused

I hate hijackings. Wink
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:37 am 
Post subject: High Rated Product Tips
Top Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:10 am 
Post subject: Awesome Business Trip Massage Guide
Top Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:40 pm 
Post subject: Great Product Guide
Top Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: