Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Million post thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tru.pairadocs
Backstabbing Turd-nugget Spymaster

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Will this post make it 6 pages?
Draco
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

tru.pairadocs wrote:

No.
tru.pairadocs

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Draco wrote:
tru.pairadocs wrote:

No.

Fiddle sticks
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Erwin Rommel wrote:
If the plural of ho is spelled hoes, why is the plural of bro spelled bros?

because the R kicks the E's ass right out the fucking word
Draco
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Made a level editor in 2 days, fuck yeah.
tru.pairadocs

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Oh yeah? Well I made a crumpled ball of paper when I messed up writing something at work. N00b
Hanna Banana
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Pshh, I can totally beat that. I made nothing today!
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I spent my day studying square rigging plans for 18th century sailing ships. You know what the best part of working on Avast is? Knowing that I'm spending countless hours to acquire knowledge that is absolutely useless in pretty much any practical scenario. Sadly, I'm not one of those lucky individuals whose useless skills can be used as an additional source of income at a Renaissance festival.
tru.pairadocs

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Vlad Piranha wrote:
I spent my day studying square rigging plans for 18th century sailing ships. You know what the best part of working on Avast is? Knowing that I'm spending countless hours to acquire knowledge that is absolutely useless in pretty much any practical scenario. Sadly, I'm not one of those lucky individuals whose useless skills can be used as an additional source of income at a Renaissance festival.

That right there is a superb level of dedication, I will be sure to look for all of those intricate details when it's released
BarytaQ
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:48 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I had some gum.
User-posted image
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Draco wrote:
At the rate things are going, waiting on art assets will end up slowing this down more than the programming challenges.

That really should be the case I think -- as long as you keep the features clearly defined, programming challenges shouldn't expand too much, and most problems you'll encounter are likely solved ones -- aside from any unique new features (say, Far Cry 2/3's fire system). Whereas you can always improve on the art and hopefully just plug it into the existing framework
Hanna Banana
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I love acapella <3 Especially this guy's songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtKCt8Afk9s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUed7HZtTNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhMplBVdebA
Last summer, when I was at Girl's State, they had an acapella group come in the last few days. It was pretty awesome.
Berry Punch
Pony HATER

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:24 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

DOMINATE! I'll be gentle!
DOMINATE! Shagin yur wife!
DOMINATE! Big ugly gal!
DOMINATE! Yur bloody dead!
DOMINATE! Eat it lad!
DOMINATE! Bloody blockhead!
Berry Punch
Pony HATER

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:31 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ooohhh how bored I am should be illegal within twelve galaxies. Seriously, standardized testing is more annoying when you're not even doing said testing. Only options I have since the room I have to sit in only runs the school wifi is to go on webfilter monitored internet or have awkward conversations with a guy who said he likes me but I only like em as a friendOXPHDPDOCPHCOOY SO BORED!
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I hate movies. Well, I don’t hate all movies, I just hate most movies. This began after I saw Dark Knight Rises, something about that movie didn’t sit well with me. Since then, every movie I have watched has resonated a bad vibe in me. Some for strictly different reasons than others, but I finally found a theme. I hate the “default” happy ending.

What I mean by that is I hate how the “good guy” will get everything he wants in a happy ending and more. The girl is his, the problem is gone, and he has come out a better and happier person. On occasion you get the bitter-sweet ending where the girl dies, but vengeance is his or hers. What you never get is reality. Unless the movie is a horror movie or based on a real event, you never get the ending where the “good guy” ends up dying alone, poor, in a hotel room in New York surrounded by pigeons.

Which is why I guess I like Horror movies so much, despite surviving; everyone at the end knows that they have to live the rest of their lives never feeling safe, and constantly being reminded of the deaths of their friends.

I know why this is, believe me I do and it is best personified in the movies Clerks and Clerks 2. If you haven’t seen the movies by now, I recommend skipping the next paragraph.

Clerks ends with the protagonist Dante having learned a lesson but still having to deal with a traumatized ex-girlfriend, a girlfriend who just broke up with him, and the deranged antics of the people coming to his convince store. It wasn’t a true bad ending, but the dude was down on his luck, had a shitty day, and even though he got some inspirational speeches out of it for the most part he still has a shitty life. This carried over to Clerks II where we find him years later working at a fast food joint. Dante’s life is looking up as he has a hot girlfriend, is moving to a better life, and is getting married. Except for the whole part where in the course of a day he gets arrested, breaks up his engagement and starts going out with his boss who is pregnant with his baby. Clerks II is special because it doesn’t hide the fact that these guys are in their 30s and working at a fast food joint, but instead it puts it front and center. You can’t help feeling that you do not want to be like them. Now the problem I have with Clerks II is the ending. Dante buys the old convenience store which burned down at the beginning of the movie, and enjoys his new life with Rosario Dawson who is very attractive in this movie by the way. It doesn’t change the fact that Dante is a total asshole. He breaks up with his fiancé weeks before the wedding, for a girl he never planned to go after until he found out she was pregnant with his baby, and he then forces her and all his friends to work for him at a convenience store which won’t make him nearly enough money to support his growing family. Clerks II has to have a happy ending because the rest of the movie was in a way down right depressing due to it being a more modern movie. Clerks had the benefit of being indy funded (as in Kevin Smith maxed out all of his credit cards and sold all his comic books to make it) so he could afford to do things in his own way.

Now, I do not want to say that a happy ending is bad. Some movies, need a happy ending such as New Hope, Return of the King, The Pianist, Children of Men. My problem comes from this Hollywood idea that the protagonist reinvents themselves and is now a happier and better person for it while his life is now in complete and total chaos; or, the old cop that goes on a rampage setting half the city on fire to get his family back.

Hollywood loves the idea of “fuck the consequences they are happy and maybe find love.” When we all know that at the end of the Day:
1. Bruce Wayne would be spotted instantly
2. The mob would still be after the snakes on a plain guy
3. The Agencies would still be after Brad Pitt and Angelina Jole
4. Ferris Bueller is going to be all over the evening and morning news.
5. The Empire is still alive and kicking
6. Who the fuck let Cruella DeVille out of Prison
7. The rich investment banker who gave up his life for the quirky waitress who taught him the smaller pleasures in life is now blackballed form every job in his field and will most likely wind up miserable after they break up in a couple of months due to his depression and newly developed/returning/ongoing alcohol/drug problem.

TL;DR: Horror movies rock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: