Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
My list of the biggest acts of the 1900s.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> TV, Music and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:17 pm 
Post subject: My list of the biggest acts of the 1900s.
Top Reply with quote

I got bored so I thought I would make a list of what I consider to be the most important musical scenes of the past decade. In somewhat of a chronological order:

1. Al Jolson
First we have Al Jolson, who would be in the ranks of entertainers such as Elvis and Michael Jackson, were it not for his "Black Face" entertainment.
2. George Gershwin
George Gershwin is one of the three great producers of the 1900s, and is responsible for songs such as this.
3. Hank Williams
This guy is the Kurt Cobain of Country (near identical life story: Made it big early, no idea what to do with it, abusive SO, and turned to drugs and died early)
4. Robert Johnson
This guy supposedly sold his soul to the devil to be able to play blues guitar. Whether it's true or not, his music is great.
5. Muddy Waters
Started as a Robert Johnson impersonator, then went on to be awesome.
6. The Ratpack and Bing Crosby:
Bing Crosby
Started the whole crooners thing.
Frank Sinatra
If you listen to one song from this whole list, make it this one.
The Rat Pack (Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra)
Nat King Cole
By the way, every Christmas song was written by a Jewish composer.
7. The start of Rock and Roll:
Buddy Holly
The Day that music died...
Jerry Lee Lewis
Bill Haley
8. Chuck Fucking Berry
This guy was so influential to music that the Beach Boys had to give him a writing credit for a song, while he was in jail.
9. Elvis Presley
The white man with the black man sound.
10. The Beach Boys
Only one of them actually surfed, also Brian Wilson is the second great producers of the 1900s, as he was responsible for the first concept album ever: "Animal Sounds". Which led to:
10. The Beatles
You CANNOT call yourself a music fan, and not have this album. More importantly we come to the last member of the of the great producers of the 1900s, and the man responsible for almost all of the Beatles' success, Brian Epstein.
11. Bob Dylan
While not the first Folk Musician, he was important because he allowed Folk to get rock elements and gave Rock and Roll artists to write songs with messages.
12. Woody Guthrie
This Machine Kills Fascists
13. The Who
One of the first bands to destroy their instruments on stage, which leads us to...
14. Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix replaces Chuck Berry as the most influential and important guitarist of the 1900s.
15. David Bowie
David Bowie is a "Shock Rock" artists and an inspiration to many popular artists of today. Oh yeah he is also David Mother Fucking Bowie and has stayed relevant in music since he started.
16. Black Sabbath
Just four guys from England that invented Heavy Metal. Nothing big...
16.5 Iron Maiden
The second most important Metal band in history, they not only brought Opera back to Metal but also are responsible for influencing all of the biggest acts in the last 30 years, including Lady Gaga.
17. Queen
The idea of the Prog rock band, where everyone has higher education. Also its Queen, come on.
18. Pink Floyd
Everyone in the 70s listened to Pink Floyd or Queen. Also Dark Side of the Moon is an amazing album, one that I think everyone should own alongside Sgt. Peppers.
19. The Velvet Underground
While they did not hit big, they did open the door for other bands to come in.
20. The Sex Pistols
The Sex Pistols are the first true Punk band, and despite only having one CD they caused shock and paved the road for other bands to come through such as
21. The Clash
A more intelligent and successful Punk Rock band.
22. The Jackson 5
23. James Brown
The most sampled artists of all time. Seriously.
24. Louie Armstrong
Impossible for this list not to include Louie
25. Ray Charles
This guy pissed talent, he went over to country and did just as well.
26. Sugar Hill Gang
The birth of hip-hop, notice the innocent messages.
27. Grandmaster Flash
Moves more towards Gangster rap, but not there. Grandmaster Flash talks about the problems with the culture.
28. Run DMC
One of the first few rap groups to come out, and the first successful group. Side Note: Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff wont the first emmy for Hip-Hop.
29.Public Enemy
The harsh East Coast response to the problems Grandmaster Flash tried to point out. This is Gangster Rap.
30. Beastie Boys
Bunch of Jewish kids from Brooklyn have a successful rap career, who knew?
31. Dr. Dre and Snoop Dog
Dr. Dre is a producer, and a rapper. He found two of the biggest talents in Rap.
32. Tupac and Biggie
More of West Coast Gangster Rap
33. Outkast
Move to modern rap.
34. The Man in Black
Not even going to talk about this one, if you don't know who this is by now you have some serious issues in your music knowledge.
35. Eminem
One of the most successful Rappers of all time.
36.Michael Jackson
Eddie Bon Jovi played guitar for this, for free.
37. Madonna
Madonna got 5 million and thrown out of a deal with pepsi because of this video right here. Also she is the most successful female singer of all time.
38. Elton John
An ode to old school Rock and Roll.
39. Don McLean
Hey look, its Buddy Holly!
40. Soundgarden
At one point, Alt. Rock was the most popular music genre on the planet with ballads such as this. Also Radiohead is extremely important, but I could not show a song but if you have 20 bucks get Computer and In Rainbows. Also the number 10 is important Very Happy
41. Rage Against The Machine
Political Activism at its best in the late 1900s.
42. Nirvana
Not the first Grunge band, but they did bring everything together.

So that is my list of the most important musical acts in the 1990s, without going into too much detail.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Excellent post sir, but I do believe you mean millennia and not decade. =)

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
Excellent post sir, but I do believe you mean millennia and not decade. =)

Century
BarytaQ
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Lolololol
User-posted image
Insomniac
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Glad to see Nirvana on that list.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:06 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I see. For some reason, I was believing he was refering to the last millennium of music.

Mainly since 2000 was the beginning of a new millennia and from that damn "I Love..." series. Not sure if you guys have seen them. They have an 70s, 80s, 90s and "new millennia." I may or may not have watched it recently.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> TV, Music and Movies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: