Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
RIP GoSS* - Proof that God uses Aimbot
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ineffable
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:51 pm 
Post subject: RIP GoSS* - Proof that God uses Aimbot
Top Reply with quote

GoSS* was an awesome homie that past away recently... and I just wanted to create a forum here @ CT because I know a lot of ya'll knew and played TF2 with him. He was a member of the Cut-Throat Crew (\CTC\) and Egypt Zero groups on steam.

He was a badass demoman, all-around-great gamer, and as good a steam friend as they get.

If ya knew him, show some love~ If ya didn't, show some kind words of respect...

Peace.
Pharaoh Man
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I've known GoSS* ever since I started scrapping for Egyptian gold. He was a good demo and a great friend. He liked white demo hats. He was our resident demo in the first half of this UGC season, and his work was instrumental in propelling us to victory. The two of us have been through hell and back countless times together in Egypt, just us against a sea of pubs, cutting a swath straight through to the gold.

Sweet dreams, GoSS*. You're fragging angels now.
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Was this something that was coming for a while now? It just seems so sudden to me since I stopped playing TF2. It would have been nice to say something encouraging while I had the chance, but I doubt Goss would have wanted any pity or special consideration.

Our TF2 chapter had a really good week, but I doubt that kind of victory will compensate for this kind of loss. Goss killed medical personnel in a way that African warlords could only dream of. His final sticky jump was up to heaven. RIP, man.
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Goss, was a damn good friend. I regret not knowing him as close as I could have, but he and I would often spend the day talking about TF2, music, video games. ETC. I remember when I was upset that my dog could have ingested some glass; Goss gave me a free festive strange sticky launcher and asked me to text him the next day to update him. Before I told him he didn't even know I had a dog. Goodbye to GoSS, you shall be missed and I hope the frags are good in the next life.

I also want to make a motion to give GoSS the status of Honorary Cut Throat.
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Goss is one of the better people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He was good at tf2, but next to how amazing a person he was that is extremely irrelevent. To answer your question Vlad, he died suddenly in his sleep. We don't know any of the details yet. He was one of my favorite people on steam and every time I log on and he isn't on its gonna really fuck me up. After I wasted my white paint he gave me a free one because he felt bad for me. Wouldn't let me pay for it even though I had plenty of metal. I was still planning on paying him back... I guess i took too long Sad His sticky jump to win the first 5cp map we did in UGC is one of my favorite plays of the entire season. He practiced that jump so many times even though we told him it probably wouldn't be useful, and then he wins us the game with it. He was so proud. Fuck, this is hard. RIP Goss, I hope I get remembered as well as you be when I go
Berry Punch
Pony HATER

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I didn't really know him that well other then his rage inducing demoman skills, though I always heard he was a really nice guy and all that.. Don't really have much to say other then sticky related deaths just wont be the same ever again.
Badman
Sailor
Sailor

Location: Canada, in the west..... what more do you want to know?
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:58 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

He was a good friend and a kick ass TF2 player, I hope he in a good place and we all remember him forever in our hearts and minds. Wished I knew him more then I know now.
RIP Goss
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Goss pwned me always - but was always polite about it...I'll miss him
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Someone get Goss' real name for me at some point. I was already going to dedicate Avast to Isak Penrod's memory, why not Goss as well? It can fit nicely in the credits.
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

@Vlad Steve Temple
imok
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:00 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

GoSS was the man. I regret not getting to play much with him since the summer, but those times were always some of the best, even while I was going through shit. What a dude. So nice, an such a pro. God doesn't use an aimbot, he just gets GoSS to play for him. RIP bro.
BarytaQ
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:02 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

To those that were on mumble last night, it was awesome. Talking and chilling with some of the coolest people on the web was a great way to sort of Celebrate the awesome that was Steven Temple. Thank you all and I hope that GoSS* liked all the killin' we did in his name. GoSS* ON TOP!
User-posted image
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm not great at saying things about these situations, but yeah -- Goss was fucking awesome. He was one of the best demomen around, he was friendly as hell, he gave me my demo-pirate hat... not much could make me wish I'd played more TF2 instead of getting shit done, but I wish I'd played a few more games with him. He was definitely among my favorite regulars on the server and it's not going to be the same at all without him and our bottle-vs-pan fights. Sad
tru.pairadocs
Backstabbing Turd-nugget Spymaster

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I couldn't believe it when Sleeples called me the other night and still can't now. GoSS* was amazing at TF2 but an even more amazing person. I'm sad that I won't be able to talk with him anymore like we regularly did, and that I will never have the chance to actually meet him.

RIP Goss*, you will not be forgotten.
RCSI
The YARR Master
The YARR Master

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I did not know know him as a player, but from the sounds of it someone of incredible stature has passed. RIP Goss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: