Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Left 4 Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:45 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm tempted to get it too. Too many other people already have it for me to turn it down.
Erwin Rommel
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:44 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

ZOMG MUST GET HYPED GAME LOLOLOL
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:00 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

bewmius wrote:
I have the game, I agree w/ small replay value. The randomizer is cool, but 8 campaigns instead of 4 would have been worth the $50.

You can complete the campaigns on expert mode in <8 hours with friends.

After the first games hype...I have to agree Crying or Very sad . I think Valve has some pattern that they make good games, but they are incredible short with little content(DOD:S, TF2, HL2:EPs and now this) on launch. I was hoping the new survival update would add more to it like on previous games, but it was a major dissappointment. No new campaigns or anything worthwhile. But for this price, atleast if you are from Europe(Valve lowered it's price from 44€ to 30€ and now 18€), this is really good deal.

I pre-ordered Killing Floor Very Happy . The trailer looked fairly promising and the mod it is based on was pretty well made with good mapping community, so I trust it will be a cheap and fun game with a lot of custom content. And it has something I missed from L4D(Gore, blasting through waves of shit with incredible rediculous weaponry...chainsaw RAWWRRR.........wtfffffff!!!!). Hopefully it will keep me occupied longer than L4D, I mean one of the best games have been made from mods/are mods, so theres a hope.
Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:57 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Hirmuinen wrote:

I pre-ordered Killing Floor Very Happy . The trailer looked fairly promising and the mod it is based on was pretty well made with good mapping community, so I trust it will be a cheap and fun game with a lot of custom content. And it has something I missed from L4D(Gore, blasting through waves of shit with incredible rediculous weaponry...chainsaw RAWWRRR.........wtfffffff!!!!). Hopefully it will keep me occupied longer than L4D, I mean one of the best games have been made from mods/are mods, so theres a hope.

I'm not sure I'll ever buy Killing Floor, I've been buying way too many hyped games (Age of Conan, GTA IV) in the past two years for my own good. If it is considerably fun (as in, the first time ever playing L4D type fun), then I may consider it.
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Killing Floor looks like it's a bit of a yawner, not to mention the voices (espcially the shop) make you wanan shoot yourself after a bit:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/features/47052/Killing-Floor-Video-Preview
AlMightyBob
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

As soon as the L4D SDK is released and some sexy new campaigns are out, it'll get way more awesome than it already is.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:04 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

USAF 777 wrote:
Killing Floor looks like it's a bit of a yawner, not to mention the voices (espcially the shop) make you wanan shoot yourself after a bit:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/features/47052/Killing-Floor-Video-Preview

What I gather from these:

+good graphics for it's engine
+great weapon sounds/handling
+good 1st person animation

-voice overs(said if people don't like them they will add feature to disable them)
-3rd person animations

I have no doubt the game is more fun than it actually look's like. These are the gameplay videos on their purest. Theres no fancy set up scenes or goofing around showing games awesome physics or real-life graphics(the things you won't be doing while playing it yourself), so the game is bound to look boring when you aren't in middle of it all.

AlMightyBob wrote:
As soon as the L4D SDK is released and some sexy new campaigns are out, it'll get way more awesome than it already is.

Yeah in 2012.
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The weapons do look like they handle well, but good graphics?? Sticking a chainsaw in a zombie's back just makes it fall over, no blood or anything. Confused UT2004 engine can do better than that. Oddly they do show some in the full-graphics preview pics but not in the videos.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:18 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

USAF 777 wrote:
The weapons do look like they handle well, but good graphics?? Sticking a chainsaw in a zombie's back just makes it fall over, no blood or anything. Confused UT2004 engine can do better than that. Oddly they do show some in the full-graphics preview pics but not in the videos.

The engine can do a lot better, if you only modify it more and add all kind of cool things in it. But that would require money and big team to do. This has gotten pretty good buff from the mod and not many UE2.5 games look better.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:43 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ok now when I finally got to play it(after all of the trouble they were having on release, server files not ready or something Rolling Eyes ) it is pretty good.

The weapons handle really well and that's all it needs really. Shooting has a lot more depth to it than L4D or something(not entirely bad, but it's nice to have some power in them). We had a wielded door and I was waiting it to be blown open with dual pistols, then the door blew open with metal playing on background and me shooting with my duals while dust started to settle, same time the zed time started and heads started to flow in slow motion. It was pretty cool Very Happy .

Maps are good, theres light parts and then theres creepy total dark areas.
I can't complain about the graphics, they just simply work to get you on the mood and don't seem to be out off place(like in UT2004 invasion ect.). There are some graphical glitches with the flashlight tho.

Only thing I can really complain are the servers whose owners keep the difficulty level on easy Rolling Eyes . I finished a game with just one guy beside me and we didn't have any trouble finishing it, alone with 6 others. But I hope it will mature today or tomorrow to get some real good CHALLENGING games going.

Edit. played on normal...and shit is it hard Laughing . But tons of better game that way.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

L4D got(finally) it's SDK. I wonder how long till we see the new maps/campaigns and how do we play these?
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm excited to see L4D style situations without zombies. Maybe royal navy soldiers swarming a few pirates would be more badass.
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:05 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Just looking at my steam friends list, it looks like it may be time to revive this thread. Looks like nug and taw have been playin recently, you guys and anyone else who has it, feel free to hit me up any time to play a few rounds.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: