Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Goin the rounds with hadjii

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:12 am 
Post subject: Goin the rounds with hadjii
Top Reply with quote

So I'm trying to reinstall the os on my friend's machine.

Paddick_ > Hi Rick. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I'm Paddick. Please give me a moment to review your concern.
Rick Maestas > ok
Paddick_ > Thank you for waiting, Rick. I'll be glad to assist you with the information about the SATA Driver.
Rick Maestas > ok
Rick Maestas > how may I obtain them?
Paddick_ > Are you referring to the Hard Drive?
Rick Maestas > no, the motherboard
Rick Maestas > are you familiar with the process of an operating system installation?
Paddick_ > Have you made any Software or Hardware changes?
Paddick_ > Yes, Rick.
Rick Maestas > i plan on reinstalling the operating system
Rick Maestas > and i need the sata drivers for the motherboard to use during the istallation
Rick Maestas > *installation
Paddick_ > Do you want to restore the Computer back to the factory settings?
Rick Maestas > yes, but then also upgrade to vista
Rick Maestas > via microsoft's digital locker
Paddick_ > Have you changed the preinstalled Operating System?
Rick Maestas > not yet, but the system won't boot
Paddick_ > Are you getting any error messages?
Rick Maestas > no, it hangs on the loading screen momentarily, then reboots itself
Paddick_ > Are you able to view the VAIO logo?
Rick Maestas > yes, but i'm not sure how this is relevant to the SATA drivers
Paddick_ > I would like to forward a link to a page where you can find the information on troubleshooting the issue.
Paddick_ > When you receive the link please click on it to open the page and let me know if you are able to view it.
Paddick_ > http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/autoresponsev4.asp?id=172047
Rick Maestas > yes, but the page you've provided doesn't help me as i can't boot the operating system without the system rebooting itself
Rick Maestas > all i need are the SATA drivers for the motherboard
Paddick_ > Please follow all the steps mentioned on the page to troubleshoot the issue.
Rick Maestas > yes, i have
Rick Maestas > there is no media in any of the drives, but when the computer reaches the loading screen for windows xp, it reboots itself
Rick Maestas > as i've explained
Paddick_ > Please start the Computer in Safe Mode and remove any conflicting devices from the Device Manager.
Rick Maestas > the computer will not boot in safe
Rick Maestas > mode
Paddick_ > Please reset the BIOS to default values.
Rick Maestas > they are at their default values
Paddick_ > Please perform complete System Recovery to restore the Computer back to the factory settings.
Paddick_ > Please restart the computer, press F10 key when a Sony logo appears and check whether you are able to access the Recovery Wizard. this was really all i needed, but the pad dick had beat around the bush with me already that i decided to have a little fun
Rick Maestas > ok
Paddick_ > Your Computer was shipped with the VAIO Recovery Wizard.
Paddick_ > The VAIO Recovery Wizard is a 5 GB hidden partition in the Hard Drive of the Computer.
Rick Maestas > interresting
Paddick_ > You can perform System Recovery using VAIO Recovery Wizard.
Paddick_ > Performing the System Recovery will erase all the data stored in the Hard Drive and will bring the Computer to the factory-installed settings.
Paddick_ > You can reinstall the pre-installed Operating System, all original Drivers and applications that are supplied with the Computer using this VAIO Recovery Wizard.
Paddick_ > You can also create the Recovery Media kit using the Recovery Wizard.
Rick Maestas > ok, this should work for me
Paddick_ > Yes, Rick.
Rick Maestas > but i would still like to have the SATA drivers for future reference
Paddick_ > You can install the SATA Drivers using Recovery Wizard.
Paddick_ > Performing the System Recovery will reinstall the pre-installed Operating System, all original Drivers and applications that are supplied with the Computer.
Rick Maestas > but if i were to install another operating system, circumventing the recovery wizard, i would like to have the SATA drivers
Paddick_ > Have you created the Recovery Discs?
Rick Maestas > no, but the recovery disks wouldn
Rick Maestas > not provide me with the sata drivers to put on a floppy disk
Paddick_ > I would like to forward a link to a page where you can download and install the Intel 945G/P Chipset Driver.
Paddick_ > When you receive the link please click on it to open the page and let me know if you are able to view it.
Paddick_ > http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGCRC320P&upd_id=1898&os_id=7this is the other thing i needed, but i wasn't through with this guy
Rick Maestas > will this contain the sata driver i need to do another operating system install?
Paddick_ > You can reinstall the SATA Driver using the Recovery Discs.
Paddick_ > It is recommended to create Recovery Discs before changing the pre-installed Operating System.
Rick Maestas > is the sata driver for windows xp?
Paddick_ > Yes, Sony Computers are designed specifically to work with the Sony OEM version of Windows with which they are shipped.
Paddick_ > The Applications and Drivers that shipped with the Computer are designed for use with the Sony pre-installed OEM version of Windows only.
Paddick_ > They may not work under the retail Windows environment.
Rick Maestas > so the sata driver on the recovery disk wouldn't work for a different operating system install
Rick Maestas > correct?
Paddick_ > Yes, that's right.
Rick Maestas > so that would mean that i'm looking for the sata drivers that would allow me to install a different operating system
Rick Maestas > correct?
Paddick_ > Yes, Rick.
Rick Maestas > can you provide me with the drivers i am looking for?
Paddick_ > Sure, I'll be glad to assist you.
Paddick_ > Do you want to upgrade the Computer to Vista Operating System?
Rick Maestas > yes, but i intend to do that within the digital locker service
Rick Maestas > the sata drivers would be used for possibly a linux install, or possibly a legacy version of windows
Paddick_ > Sony Computers are designed specifically to work with the Sony OEM version of Windows with which they are shipped.
Paddick_ > The Applications and Drivers that shipped with the Computer are designed for use with the Sony pre-installed OEM version of Windows only.
Paddick_ > They may not work under the retail Windows environment.
Rick Maestas > i understand this
Paddick_ > However, you may try installing the Drivers from the Recovery Discs.
Paddick_ > But we can't assure you the normal functionality of the Drivers.
Rick Maestas > i understand this
Rick Maestas > but we have already agreed that the driver i need is not on the recovery discs
Paddick_ > The Divers that are available, are only for Windows XP Operating System.
Rick Maestas > then how did your technicians install windows xp without the sata drivers?
Paddick_ > You can install the SATA Drivers for Windows XP Operating System from the VAIO Recovery Wizard.
Rick Maestas > i don't want the sata drivers for windows xp, we had already agreed on this aswell
Paddick_ > I'm sorry that there is no Drivers available for the Computer except for Windiows XP and Vista Operating System.
Rick Maestas > practically speaking, it is an impossibility that there aren't any available, or your technicians would not have been able to install xp in the first place
Rick Maestas > are you sure you are familiar with the process of an operating system installation?
Paddick_ > The Drivers are only for Windows XP Operating System.
Paddick_ > Our session status indicates that we've disconnected. It would be great if you could acknowledge so I will know that we are still connected.
Rick Maestas > we are still connected
Rick Maestas > yes, but during the original factory installation of windows xp, your technicians used a floppy disk with a serial advanced technology attachment driver to install the operating system
Rick Maestas > all i would like is to obtain this driver
Paddick_ > The Drivers can be installed using the Recovery Discs only.
Rick Maestas > no, this driver was originally installed using a 3.5" floppy diskette
Rick Maestas > or slipstreamed into the os installation
Rick Maestas > either way, somebody has the driver i need
Paddick_ > Your Computer was also shipped with CD/DVD Drive.
Rick Maestas > i realize this, but the sata drivers for an operating system can't be installed using a CD/DVD or even BD drive
Rick Maestas > it requires the driver to be either on a floppy drive, or slipstreamed into the installation
Paddick_ > The SATA Driver can be installed from the Recovery Wizard.
Rick Maestas > your recovery disk most likely slipstreams this driver in, and short fo me having to hack apart your recovery disk, it is inaccesable to me
Rick Maestas > you should have it on your end to give to me since you are the ones who slipstreamed the driver into the installation in the first place
Paddick_ > Please install the Intel 945G/P Chipset Driver for the SATA Driver that is provided on the above link.
Rick Maestas > the sata driver i need is included with the chipset driver?
Paddick_ > Yes, that's right.
Rick Maestas > thank you, that is all i needed to know
Paddick_ > You're welcome.
Paddick_ > Is there anything else I may assist you with today? I'll be glad to do so.
Paddick_ > Thank you for contacting Sony online support today.
Paddick_ > Analyst has closed chat and left the room

Those last four messages all occurred within a period of about .5 seconds. He wanted out.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:22 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

so you didn't notice that's a robot?
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

CountChocula wrote:
so you didn't notice that's a robot?

I think it's just a pre-programmed indian handling 50 or so conversations. I swear, the guy had an attitude.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Sharp668
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:54 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well this happens all the time actually most of the time they are either Indians or people that just act like they know everything and or they are robots and ive had to sit though the same thing when I wanted my XP disks and they would not ship them because It was incripted into my hard drive etc but dont you just love them conversations Razz
AxeBlind
Old Fart's Cabin Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:41 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Haha, our self check out machines at work always break and I have to call Fuji tech support to get a service person out. But they always have an Indian guy on the other line telling me stupid shit I already know as if I hadn't tried the simplest things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: