Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
how long do you think this will be avalible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

would you want this shit?
yes
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
holy shit
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 am 
Post subject: how long do you think this will be avalible?
Top Reply with quote

i think i might get one of these, but i dont want to run into the same problem i had with another great vidio card......that being when i finaly wanted to get another one for SLI, it was no longer avalible. i dont think i will need any more than one for quite a wile yet, but i do think that when the time comes, it would be cheeper to just get another one of these than a card that will mach it.

i will not get it untill i get into MOS school (i will be able to bring my pc there from what i understand)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121002

i will also probely be getting this to go with it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103608

remember, we are talking a year or more from when i buy this.
any way, just want some opinions. and at this point , no i do not have a big problem paying that much.

oh also, any recomendations on a good web cam?

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:15 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

If you're going high end, it may not be a bad idea to upgrade your mobo to a socket am2 one. That way, you can use ddr2 memory and the new fx-62. Also, if you're going that high end on your video card, why not get one that already has dual GPUs, so the next time you upgrade, you can have quad gpu's
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121017

Also, it may be worthe waitting a while for the DX10 cards to come out. All the current cards should be able to run DX10, just not with the new enhancements coming out for it.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

thanks........

damn they allredy have a new AMD sockety size? bah

i am all for AMD ddr2 though.....but damn......i have been out of the loop for a wile by the looks of it.

hmmm i really like the looks of this mobo aswell

retains the things i like about my A8N sli delux and has a lot of the things that i was wanting added on.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131013

not going to get this untill it comes at least down to the $800-$900 price range......and i will probely not get anything less to start this new system with.......so it could be a wile.........bah! this explains the price drop on the soket 939 cpu's
Mad
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103861

as far as duel core gpu's, that is a bit TOO much over kill.....this card will be over kill enough.......and not bad for under $500

i think i will get this before i upgrade any other parts in my system. will carry it over to the next one. bah.......this is going to add up to WAY more than i intended.......at least i can sell most of my old the core componets in a new comp for my parents or something. maybe even another marine.......

thinking about either this ram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145033

or this ram.......

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145015

probely going to go with the latter.....2 gb at any speed should be enough for now........+ it is half the price Very Happy

thanks for your oppinion

keep them comming. Cool

theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm not sure how well the 1066 RAM would work with that mobo, since it says it only supports DDR2 800, but I'm not a real big RAM guy anyways. Also, if you could hang tight and wait on a DX10 card to come out, the FX-62 should have come down in price and you could do a big upgrade all at once Cool

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

are you saying i should get a DX 10 card, or just wait untell it comes out so the other non direct x 10 cards are a lot cheeper?

if it is just holding out for the latest and greatest, then i will be happy to get what is avalible now. if you are allways getting the lattest and greatest, you are just paying a lot of money to be dissopointed a few months latter when something better comes out. i am just looking at what is avalible now, how much better it is than what i have, how much it costs and deducing from that whether i should upgrade or not. i really dont care if i have the best comp on the block or not. i just want something that i will be more than happy with.

also, do you know any good mic's for $100 or less that would go well with this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102190

it needs to be decent quality to get good fire armms recordings from my small arms collection Twisted Evil the flint locks will be first. think they will be a nice addition to any further pirates mods. Very Happy

Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I would wait for DX10 card to come out, and get the processor you're looking at now in AM2 form for cheaper.
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

i will look into it, at this point i am convinced i will do a total re build.......probably only saving the HDD's.

even going to get a new PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817703004

granted, i am still convinced that that gpu is a good one, but i agree that if the direct x 10 cards are going to come out within 1.5 to 2 months, i will probably wait until then to get the one i want......it will (hopefully) go down in price by $100 or so.......but that much of a price drop is probably wishful thinking.

again thanks for the advice, i am still open about most things, and if you have a valid point that is worth the exra $ or a cheaper item that is near = then i am more than willing to consider it.

let me see.....so far that is a new mobo for almost $200.......and will probely not drop for a wile yet.......2 gb of ram fro $200.........$500 for a psu, $500 for a gpu, $60 or so for a cpu fan........$170 for a better sound card...........$100 for a decent mic...........hopefully, but unlikely $800 for a cpu.......$120 for another one of the cases i have........$13 for 10 new case fans for the case to replace the only cheep part of it..........

damn.......this is going to be a lot.........

i can probely get about $1,700 for the comp i have now.......if i get at least 250gb of hdd for it.........might offset costs a bit.......

bah $2,563!

so....if i do get the $1,700....then i will only loose ~$863 for the upgrade Very Happy

i guess that aint soo bad Twisted Evil

Last edited by Drunken Monkey on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

err i have been thinking........do you think that this cpu will be a better buy for the short term?

from what i gather, there is not really that much of a performence gap bettween this and the $1,200 one.........aside from the price.......+ i can allways upgrade with something even better than that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103747

the only question is, would my cpu hold back my gpu?

i do want impout on this Cool

Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:41 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I think that's way too much for a CPU.
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Even a 3800 x2 could tide you over for a while, maybe even a little longer if you oc it.

User-posted image
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:30 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

soo.......do you think that it will hold back my gpu????

and yes, $1,200 is WAY too fucking much for a cpu..........wtf was i thinking?????

if they buyer for my old pc actualy pays me, i can build the new one for $316 now aswell Very Happy Twisted Evil Razz Laughing

and yes he knows that he can get something slightly better than what i have for that price though........but he knows me, knows all the parts are the highest quality, and knows that it is as stable as a mother fucker.

he wants something decently fast, and most importantly, something that is going to give him as few problems as posible. he also does not want all the crap that retailers install on there pcs........some hidden in the OS......

theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Some of the next gen cards could probably benefit from a 4xxx X2, and by the time they hit the market, the procs will be less expensive. But again, if you are in to overclocking, some of the reviews of the 3800 X2 socket 939 model said they could push the speeds on it to match the FX-60 when it was watercooled, which means you could probably get pretty darn close with stock cooling. Buying one of the 4xxx processors would probably give you a little more headroom for overclocking if you really wanted to push the limits of your pc. Personally, in the case of a current gen card (geforce 6 series or most of the 7 series) being paired with a 3800 X2, I think the video card would be the bottleneck, not the processor.

User-posted image
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

good to go Very Happy thanks

anything more?

oh also, back to why i originaly started this topic, in time, if i do get 2 of these graphics cards (the 1 now, and another later on when needed) should i then upgrade the cpu as well? again when prices go down a bit on them to. and also, how long do you think this GPU will be avalible for sail?

again, the gpu Twisted Evil

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121002

Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

dont want my CPU to get the silver bullet Laughing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118004

(again, if you dont know what i mean, brutus is probely the one to go to Very Happy )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: