Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Financial Nintendo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:55 pm 
Post subject: Financial Nintendo
Top Reply with quote

http://www.buzzcut.com/article.php?story=2005053122342247

Great article, really puts it to those who said the GameCube lost the console war.

In other news, im pretty fucking excited for the Revolution Very Happy Any discussion?
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I actually knew that Nintendo was still very profitable. =)

You also have to keep in mind that Nintendo is based in Japan and they do some really WEIRD shit over there. All those "kiddie" games that Americans think are childish, are like a smashing hit over there. They have so many people in Japan and if it's a hit that's a LOT of money.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

i really like nintendos "non-competition" stance... basically, theyre saying "yeah, our console cant keep up hardware wise, but were fucking nintendo, ever hear of mario, fuck sony & fuck MS"

offering classic games for d/l is prolly the biggest money maker they could get, the only thing that worries me about the revolution is that dopey controller.... i hope it ends up being better than it looks, but im still afraid
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Fuck pants!!!!!

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I too am hoping the controller pulls through, but I think their decision of going 100% innovation rather than creating the Nintendo update to the 'standard' console is the smartest decision they could ever make as an underdog. Because of the reputation of the GameCube as being inferior to the other two, they would have a very rough start introducing yet another console with the same control scheme. By taking this route, I think they are establishing themselves as the official '2nd' console, meaning that people who buy a 360 or a PS3 will buy a Revolution, will put them on top. The signifigant price difference between the big names and the Revolution is another factor that will further support the above.
Corbin
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

that was really interesting. i like how even though microsoft and sony are putting out massive amounts of money and shit. nintendos net profits are still at 20% and they are still coasting along just fine wihtout blowing all their shit on each thign.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:47 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I dunno, Nintendo might still be making money, but they got a shitload of bad rap over the gamecube. All that negative publicity might affect sales of the revolution. Negative publicity is a real bitch, even if it's false.
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:02 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

nintendo FTW, like supa said:

"hey dudes, Sony and Microsoft have got all this fancy junk"

"psh, screw them, we're NINTENDO, we can take a remote control and make it into a controller, and if that doesn't work, we can sweep in under the rug in a year or so by developing some OTHER console... anyone remember the Virtual Boy? ....... exactly"

and I DO think the Revolution controller idea is pretty neat, with FPS's I imagine it'd be like using a light-gun... imagine Duck Hunt where you can walk around in it and FINALLY CHASE DOWN THAT DOG AND SHOOT IT IN THE THROAT!
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
SupaFly

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

CountChocula wrote:
imagine Duck Hunt where you can walk around in it and FINALLY CHASE DOWN THAT DOG AND SHOOT IT IN THE THROAT!

actually, in the arcade, if u shot his dumb ass, hed come out in bandages & crutches & hold a sign that said "shoot the ducks dummy, not me"

(there was a pizza hut here that had it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: