Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
MOre BF2 patch fixes upcoming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:08 pm 
Post subject: MOre BF2 patch fixes upcoming
Top Reply with quote

Listen up Soldiers!

By now, you have all seen the list of fixes in the next update (1.2). We are still trying to nail down a few final items and put the final touches in place.

Here's a list of additional items to look for in version 1.2:

* UAVs are now visible in the world so if you are being scanned, you can know about it and take action against it.
* Rank progression is no longer limited to the enlisted ranks. All officer ranks are now available.
* Bug that allowed players in vehicles to contest a flag from outside the flag radius is now fixed.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to clarify some confusion stemming from our updates.

The first item is on the topic of grenades. Players will still be able to toss grenades while jumping. Although the ability to fire while jumping has been removed, players will still be able to initiate a grenade toss prior to jumping and follow through with the toss, thereby gaining themselves some extra distance. We understand that there will be some adjustment in tactics required when the patch comes out but we are confident that the community will quickly come to grips with the new tactics.

The second item is on the topic of the booster packs. We have not created the maps as a separate expansion pack requiring a separate server. The booster packs will increase the content of the base game and thereby may be run on a server in regular rotation with the original maps.

Hope that clears up some of questions you’ve all been asking.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
firefox_71
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

They booster maps run as regular maps is all well and good, but this ain't Half-Life, you can't download the map from the server if you don't have it. Am i to purchase the booster pack for my server and then put all the maps up on my website so everyone can download them? That's what will happen if this is the way it works Wink

if I know EA, there will be something that prevents that Rolling Eyes

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

firefox_71 wrote:
They booster maps run as regular maps is all well and good, but this ain't Half-Life, you can't download the map from the server if you don't have it. Am i to purchase the booster pack for my server and then put all the maps up on my website so everyone can download them? That's what will happen if this is the way it works Wink

if I know EA, there will be something that prevents that Rolling Eyes

You would also have to host the whole booster pack.
There is extra content in those maps, vehichles, buildings...
So you can't run them by simply having those maps.

But here comes the problems. If you don't have the booster pack and the server has it on map rotation, you disconnect every time the map comes. Can be REALLY annoing to get on server and few mins later disconnect from it.
firefox_71
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

that is exactly what I'm talking about, if you don't have the map, you're SOL

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:30 pm 
Post subject: Re: MOre BF2 patch fixes upcoming
Top Reply with quote

K9 Carlos wrote:

* UAVs are now visible in the world so if you are being scanned, you can know about it and take action against it.

I sense lag

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:18 pm 
Post subject: Re: MOre BF2 patch fixes upcoming
Top Reply with quote

theboomboom wrote:

I sense lag

I don't think EA sells lag. Wink
Comradekil
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

what it shows the drone flying over head?
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

yeah, there are alreay vids on it, it can be shot down too
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:16 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Omg if u cant shoot anymore while jumping i cant use DAO-12 anymore Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:58 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

firefox_71 wrote:
that is exactly what I'm talking about, if you don't have the map, you're SOL

QFE in otherwards buy our update or die bitches....
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:20 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

As long as my PC handles the update better than it does SF.

SupaFly wrote:

Quote:

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
firefox_71
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

did you try any of those tweaks I linked to ? Also, have you tried turning of shadows and dynamic lighting? drop the resolution to 800X600@60?

User-posted image
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

firefox_71 wrote:
did you try any of those tweaks I linked to ? Also, have you tried turning of shadows and dynamic lighting? drop the resolution to 800X600@60?

Ya know, come to think of it, I did the tweaks for vanilla but haven't tried for SF. Need to do that.

SupaFly wrote:

Quote:

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
SupaFly

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello everyone.

As I pretty much expected, there is some last minute news to pass along. There’s some good and some not so good news but, hopefully, the good outweighs the not so good.

First, I’ll start with the bad news to get it out of the way. We have held onto the 1.2 patch a little longer than we had initially planned. We really felt that it was important to delay the patch and take care of some of the issues that have had the community concerned. This means that it will be released sometime in the next two or three weeks. This, unfortunately, means that the Euro Force Booster Pack will be delayed as well since it relies on the patch. Look for Euro Force to be released in the latter half of February now.

Also, another bit of bad news is that the new feature that allows player to pick up deployed mines with the G key is being held back. In the end, we felt it just wasn’t complete enough for public consumption. We at DICE apologize to all of you who were eagerly awaiting this feature.

I hope that the reasons for the delays are seen as positive by you, the community, and therefore I list these reasons as the good news portion of this update.

The following issues were addressed:

- Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed. It has also been addressed on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
- The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved and should occur less frequently
- The distance for throwing hand grenades, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased.

And finally…

- The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed

Regarding the last point, what we have done is make the code more secure to try and prevent any cases where this bug may occur. Since the fix has been in place, we have had no reproduction of the bug in testing.

We’re excited about being able to release 1.2 very soon and hope you all are too.

All the best,
AJ Marini

well spank my ass & call me charlie... looks like they might do something right (yeah, waiting longer is a pain in the ass, but now maybe ill make master sgt before the patch (my goal was to make gunny & has LONG passed)
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Meh stupid lamers, least they got the stinking red name fixed, I still think picking up equipment is retarted, since you can just do mines w/ a wrench.

They should just make it to where c4 is explodable. Also longer Grenade throws? Dear lord nade spam is g2 be ridiculous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: