Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Computer Case
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

cases are expensive to ship anyway, plus, being in PR, it gets more expensive... youll prolly be best off trying stores around you.. be sure to ask if their suppliers can get stuff shipped in any cheaper, it may make your selection bigger.... and i doubt the microsoft dude can help.... im sure any microsoft endorsed case will be some beige off the shelf thing

edit: i forgot the fun solution... take the case you have & mod it yourself, if u get a window kit, theyre pretty easy to do & then paint it up the way you want it
logohere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

better yet ...just get a cardboard box...even a cereal box and make a sweet case

User-posted image
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:22 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Logohere wrote:
better yet ...just get a cardboard box...even a cereal box and make a sweet case

OMG AWESOME IDEA!!! get a Count Chocula cereal box and make a computer inside of it!! Very Happy
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:32 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You do that!!

I think supa's right. Just mod your current one, Sprite!

FYI, I'm working on a VCR-PC Very Happy
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

WTF Wang. That's great Very Happy
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ya, my dad was like "Well, this cool looking VCR i had broke. Thank god I have twenty more. Time to throw it out" ... I told him NO WAY JOSE and took it from him. I started taking all the shit out and realized, "Hmm, with a few tweaks, I could fit an old PC in here..."
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:11 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

ok first off, how often are you going to want to move it, and how much can you lift?

if the anser is not often, and a lot. then i have teh perfect case for you. it will fit even a server mobo, and i have 6 hard drives in mine at the moment (took some of the hard drives out of my old stock pile of comps to add to the 3 that i bought for this comp)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133105

it is a bit pricy though at $135 with s&h.

but i am 100% happy with it.

it comes with 7 80mm case fans, a temp probe with a lcd display (atualy 2 but i have no idea wtf the other one is for. i have no idea where it is takeing the temp from but from a cold start, on boot it reads 140*F ????????????? the other one is acurat though and you can stick it any where. i have mine out side the case to mesure the ambiant temp because i have a better probe on my mobo), and LOTS of room for all your stuff.

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well, knowing the pimp that Sprite is, maybe he'll drag it to a LAN party.
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

well in that case (lol) i guess that this case will not work well for you.

my guess is that mine is about 45 pounds with all the stuff in it. that however is not the problem because i am verry use to lifting hundreds of 80 pound bags of concreet.

the problem is its pure ungodly size

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: