Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Pirates_Playhouse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:49 am 
Post subject: Pirates_Playhouse
Top Reply with quote

blah-blah new maps... Wink I never saw this as a match or team-play map. The intent was another dead calm style alternative for small groups of Pirates players.

1. Does this map have the potential to be something you'd be excited to have in the daily rotation?

2. Would it be better if only dead calm raider and drunkards only?

3. What else would make it better?

Peeps, be brutally honest in the reviews of these maps. We have all seen servers empty on certain maps. Make these into something playable or sink them. This isnt about popularity or developer's feelings. If they stink say so - so no further devlopment time is wasted on a doomed map.
The Fornicator.
Forcinator
Forcinator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:38 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I liked it ;P
But you should check the statics here and here, cause I kept falling or dying for small jumps :S
But then it's fun Razz
User-posted image
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You died on small jumps??? And that's a possible issue with statics? Hmmm... I will check that out.

Would it also happen if you walked off? (or only if you jumped?)
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:52 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

yeah, you die like mad in that map... if u walk off the seond level to the ground you splat.... not sure how to fix it, but id love if there was no fall damage anywhere (using the run on the wall thing works tho)
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:34 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I think DC is a fun map, and if you are making a variation of it, here are my suggestions. Having never played your version, I can't be too much of a help. I agree that drunkards should be an option and I like the weapon arangment for the rest of the classes. The map could use some more things, though. 2 galleons and a small island don't make a map very interresting. Maybe some gnats hanging off the outer sides of the galleons could add a lot to the game. the island could be bigger and flatter, too. It it so slopey, you can't jump or anything during sword fights.

Hope this helps!

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
Cap'n Pugwash
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:52 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I've only played it in singleplayer at the mo but I definitely think that it has potential as a map that could be put in the rotation, it kinda feels like it has a certain appeal to it.

As for the classes issue I personally would prefer it if it only had the DC style raider and drunkard because of the close nature of the combat although you might be able to keep all the classes if you took out, or made it harder, to get ammo which could force people to change whilst fighting... hmmm not sure on that one.

There are a few issues, one of which is the statics issue mentioned earlier. The other I noticed is that I tend to get stuck behind the two paintings on the lower deck forcing a suicide (unless there is a way out I haven't discovered?).

Finally are those rowboats in the water there for practical use or aesthetic reasons? Whenever I try to get to one i'm always gobbled up Confused
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:59 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I liked your map too Brutus, but yeah you do fall and die a lot on the small jumps like Supa said. Just drunkards and raiders would be fun also Very Happy since everyone just layed powder kegs everywhere and it started a TK fest Razz that was funny though.
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

class-wise, I'd say REMOVE TEH BLUNDERBUSS!!!!11

other-wise Razz, it's perfect... except for the falling... and getting stuck in those pictures... :/ (tee hee... dingy)
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ya know, I died in testing a bunch but now I am used to the map I almost never die despite a fair number of reckless maneuvers and full combat speed. i think it might just be that it is just SO different that I think it takes a while to get used to. You cant 'jump' from one level downwards from floor to floor but if you walk off and land on any of crates your fine. I even ride the walls and posts down from the third to first floor without slowing down. I put guard-rails in already too??? Stop jumping over them and you should be ok. Laughing OH! Dont JUMP up off of tall stuff, just walk off it - you can even even pull back into the object and slow yourself too. Try some of this type of thing. I dont really know how to "fix" the static objects and fall damage though. i will try to think more directly about what I am doing to not kill me. Smashed

The painting thing cracks me up. Its a trap! I amde a spot that shoots directly into it as well! muahahaha jk Wink I will fix that though for sure - definitely a bug. I put that stuff there so snipers wouldnt just plink people in the water or climbing ladders/ropes.

I am glad you guys like it. People had a ball kegging recklessly. Hopefully it will be enjoyable once that aspect of the mayhem has been reduced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Below Deck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: