Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Wang in the city!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:49 pm 
Post subject: Wang in the city!
Top Reply with quote

Yesterday my dad and I went to New York City to see the Yankees game at Yankee stadium. We specifically went yesterday to watch the great Randy Johnson pitch. It was quite an adventure and one of the best Yankee comebacks of all time. Incredible game.

We decide we are going to leave our house here in central jersey at 3 and head up to the Park n Ride in Bergen, right outside of NY. We take route 78 up, but we hit really heavy traffic, so we decide to squeek out on to the shoulder and drive up a bit to the exit ramp. We find ourselves in the Jersey town of Hillside. Of course, at this point my dad has no clue where the fuck he's going. He's looking for Route 22 so we can head towards NY. I don't mean to be racist, but the place was all black. We pull up to a cop to ask for directions, and we were surprised to find that he was this big husky white guy that looked like a cross between SupaFly and a young John Travolta :O

So the cop gives us directions and we're on the road again. We take route 22 over the pulaski skyway and make our way to the Park n Ride. There they now have some newfangled ticket machines and my dad got really confused, so he asked some dude for help and we got that all straightened out. If I hadn't been taking a piss we would have been good.

So we got on the bus and there are some crazy people on there, saying some weird stuff. I think they escaped from some mental institution, because they wouldn't stop staring at me and saying odd things. Oh well, they didn't try to kill me.

The bus hits a bit of traffic but we end up at the NYC Port Authority, which is a gigantic place and it's pretty neat. Giant bus terminal with lots of shit in it. I think it had a bowling alley :O We got off the bus and walked downstairs (the busses enter the giant building like 3 stories up, it's fuckin weird), and head about a block downtown and then go down 40th street.

Our destination is the StubHub NYC office. www.stubhub.com is a heavily advertised ticket resale service in this area. If you listen to the radio you probably hear the really annoying commercial every ten seconds. Anyway, stubhub is a fucking awesome service. We paid like $120 for two GREAT seats. I mean like, ten rows up or less. Right next to third base. Unbelievable. Ticketmaster on the Yankeess site wanted $95 PER TICKET for seats that were a whole deck up! Though, we probably bought someone's season tickets.

We take a long hike but finally get to the office. It's really weird place - absolutely barren. Just three guys dicking around in the back. The guy at the desk, I swear to god he looked like Steve Nash. But he had a mac laptop so i wanted to slap him. Very efficient business.

I gotta go now, i'll post the rest later. OK, I'm back bitches. God damned verizon DSL sucks balls and cock and everything.

Yeah, so StubHub kicked ass. Anyway, we walked another few blocks up to Grand Central station. Our objective was to head up to Yankee Stadium on the subway via the 4 train. I was frustrated at my dad because he's almost running around the subway station - keep in mind it's like an hour and a half before the game - and he keeps making wrong turns. Instead he rushes on to the 5 train because it says "uptown bronx" ... that was a mistake....

The subway is pretty l33t. Probably one of the best mass transit concepts ever, and it needs to be implemented more. For just two dollars you can get a ride to a lot of places. I thought it was pretty neat. This realllllly tall black dude comes on and stands next to me. He leans over like he's gonna tie his shoes, but he just falls asleep. Seriously, he was a good 6'2" and he just leans over and falls asleep standing up. He woke up right at his stop. I was really impressed. We realized we were on the wrong train when we stopped at 180th street ... which is past 161st street (yankee stadium). I realized this error, and my dad was like "WTF where are we???", and some asian guy helped us correct our mistake and told us to take the south train to 149th street grand concourse.

So we get on the southbound train along with this crazy latino guy who fel asleep on our train and missed his stop. If you combine Photon and Sprite's accent and attitude, you'd get this guy. He was yammering into the cell with shit like "yo man, like, yo, he tried to fight me,and i was like 'dood chill yo, but like yo i wanted to hit him back cause like id just be defending myself and like yo but there was like so many witnesses there so i didnt wanna like start shit". That got old fast.

So we made a nice and easy switch at 149th street grand concourse and rode up to Yankee Stadium. We got there and made it in with ease, and realized how god damn close our seats were. Holy shit they were close! We wandered around in search of food for a while, and we ended up getting some pizza.

Yeh, so after we got that pizza, my dad went across like half the fucking stadium to find a good beer. They were like $8.50!!! The pizza was expensive and it wasn't too great. They used to sell domino's there, but I guess they got rid of that. We took our food to our seats and ate. Perfect timing too - the game was just starting!

Randy Johnson was unbelievable in the first inning. Okay, he gave up one hit, but struck out two. In the bottom of the first, Hideo Nomo pretty much shut the yankees down. All of a sudden, inning two comes around. BANG! BANG! Two pitches, two home runs. Johnson was shellshocked. Needless to say he pretty much sucked ass during the rest of the inning, and during the third he gave up a two-run shot to Johnny Gomes, the Rays' DH. Meanwhile, the yankees sucked at bat. They scored one in the second and one in the third, but the score was a shitty 7-2.

In the 4th inning, the Rays stole bases left and right and lit up Scott Proctor for 3 runs. Now it was 10-2, and the yankees didn't score! It as the fifth inning that the game started to turn around. Scott Proctor suddenly pitched great and allowed no runs for the first time since the first inning!

In the bottom of the 5th, Gary Sheffield ripped one to left scoring Tony Womack and Derek Jeter. 10-5. Bernie Williams spanked a double that scored the phenomenal Hideki Matsui. 10-6. The Devil Rays were denied in the 6th, but Derek Jeter smoked a solo shot making it 10-7.

The 7th was a bit of a scare in terms of superstition. The Yankees didn't score any runs and the Devil Rays did. With one out in the top of the 7th, bases loaded, pitcher in a jam, Alex Rodriguez made an unbelievable diving stop, got up, tagged 3rd base for an out, and then made a looooooong throw to first base that was right on the money that, IMO, should have been a highlight reel double play and end the inning, but the ref called him safe, and thus the run from Carl Crawford counted. It was now 11-7!

To finish the job, Buddy Groom came in and got the last out of the 7th for the Yankees. He gave a pair of hits up in the 8th, but held strong and shut out the Rays.

more later Very Happy

Last edited by Wang Chung on Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Nugget
Hax0r
Hax0r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

sweet shit
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Cpt. LandLubber
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:18 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

that sounds like great fun, but

Quote:
over the pulaski skyway

They named a skyway after the mean copper in san andreas? Sad
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:01 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Cpt. LandLubber wrote:
that sounds like great fun, but

Quote:
over the pulaski skyway

They named a skyway after the mean copper in san andreas? Sad

LEWL!
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:58 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Actually the skyway is named for General Pulaski ... forget who he was. Huuuuuuuuge iron bridge thing, it's like ancient.

Postng more now, maybe i'll get to the hot girls ass.
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Fought for the colonies in the American Revolution.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

errrr can some one give me the clifnotes version of wangs first post...........
im a lazy azz

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

and in steps the UIO

general pulaski was the man that started the calvery for the U.S. he pulled his own money out to stock them and thanks to his training and cashola we have the US Calvery

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:
This mod is rightfully ours, and fuck everyone that stands in our way.

fair winds and following seas, lil shoes 8/3/94-6/23/09
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Drunken Monkey wrote:
errrr can some one give me the clifnotes version of wangs first post...........
im a lazy azz

his dad gets lost they buy some tickets from a resale service they ride the mass transit system and get to meet the lovely folks on it
and the yankees lose to tampa

EDIT

WWW.OLDFARTGAMERS.COM/bird.mpeg

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:
This mod is rightfully ours, and fuck everyone that stands in our way.

fair winds and following seas, lil shoes 8/3/94-6/23/09

Last edited by 2shoes on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

On tuesday the yanks didn't lose to tampa!! Bah!
CountChocula
Warning- may cause CountChoculitis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

2shoes wrote:

WWW.OLDFARTGAMERS.COM/bird.mpeg

that's the coolest thing I've seen this week
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: we'll aim for bender
[20:43] -≠∫ĆŤ∫≠- ŜρξčļαГ јỈмMﻻ: but use a lot of napalm
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:28 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

OMG in memory of the bird we will be making bird noises in ts for the rest of this week Razz
Rally Monkey
So if you could just restore that rank..
So if you could just restore that rank..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

K9 Carlos wrote:

Yeah I almost got drafted into that war
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Rally Monkey wrote:
K9 Carlos wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You ARE an old son of a bitch!
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wang Chung wrote:
Rally Monkey wrote:
K9 Carlos wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You ARE an old son of a bitch!

OMG OWNEDDDDDD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: