Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
MJ Not Guilty, all charges
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

ole signs would say

"Be back in 5." Which means five minutes. They were too cheap to waste their money to put an abbr. so they shortened it, and now it's a given.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisT
John Jameson
<font color=#50C5FF><b>John Jameson</b></font>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree completely. If it was a unanimous agreement among jurors, the media really skewed our perceptions of jacko.

Well first of in a criminal trial(which is what this was) there HAS to be a unanimous decision made either innocent or guilty. If one juror does not agree they continue the discussion/reveiwing the facts. If that juror still holds out evetually the other jurors may give up, and vote for a hung jury(official term for we cannot decide)

In the case of a Hung Jury a mistrial is declared, which means that he is not guilty or innocent and can be tried again but untill then he is free to go. Most district attournies however will not choose to press another trial unless new solid evidence comes up, due to the fact that it can cost in the millions of tax dollars to do a case like this. This is why juries are pushed to make a decision. Also to declare a mistrial (i believe) all of the jurors have to agree, or the judge has to declare a decision be made.

A mistrial usually takes a long time to go through wich means you(the juror) get to miss your work, not read the news, not read the newspaper, not be allowed contact with other people(outside of jury) and you have to eat whatever is on the court menu they send you and stay in a hotel.
All these factors depend on the severity of the trial, and it is to prevent payoffs, and other forms of bias.

Also a person is innocent until proven guilty, so you can know in your head he did it, but if there is not enough evidence you cannot say he is guilty(a conscious issue). Guilty is a i'm 100% sure he did it (based on evidence)

There only needs to be a resonable doubt, and you are obligated to sentence not guilty(wether you do so is your own choice)

Law and Criminal Justice class, watch the movie runaway jury(sounds boring but it is very good)
Rally Monkey
So if you could just restore that rank..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:40 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Cap'n Sprite wrote:
I was talking to Choc, as they were delivering the sentence. Stupid Michael Jackson goes free. And his gay lover Mcaully Caulkin ( I have no idea how his name is spelled).

BTW Choc since you'r from Indiana, he's waiting for someone to warm him when he comes home Gay

Well it's OPEN SEASON on CABIN boys!!!
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:28 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Being guilty and being found guilty are two totally different things. There is no doubt in the general public mind that he is guilty as shit (except for those freaks that were saying it was the best day of their lives that he was innocent but thats a differant discussion).

The problem is, judging by what I've read and the interviews with the jurors that I have seen, is that there was not enough evidence to justify the charges which led to the acquittal. Most of the jurors comments I saw were that they wanted more evidence but the DA didn't have it. The word of a mother who as unbelievable as this one was is not hard to dispute. She is a career claimant (meaning she makes a living making claims trying to get money from others). Several things I saw said that she cost them the trial. Several other issues with the witnesses arose as well from what I've seen.

If a jury does as they are supposed to, they judge the case based on its merits and the evidence provided and not by what their personal feelings are. Now in a case like this that is unlikely to totally happen. Plus the jury wasn't sequestered so even though they aren't supposed to go home and read stories about it I can't imagine all of them following through with that and seeing nothing on it.

Juries, for the most part like the general public they are taken from, are stupid. They will believe just about anything. The fact that they believed the defenses story that he slept in the same bed with the kids but only out of love is not so strange. I've seen druggies get up in court and say they didn't know the drugs were hidden under their nuts or that they dope found in the underwear wasn't theirs becuase they were wearing someone elses underwear. The juries believe them sometimes. Juries are now also influenced by what they are calling the "CSI Effect". Basically, people watch all the shows and think that is how it is really done. So when they hear a case if the evidence that they get isn't how it is on a TV show they think the case is weak.

Similiar things happen all the time when you see police use force on people. "O, they didn't have to kill him. They could have shot him in the leg or fired a warning shot." In real life, you are taught to double tap someone in the chest. If they don't go down you head shot them. No police academy or department around teaches warning shots or firing into the air as a warning. Most departments have policies against that stuff. Again though, the public and juries are stupid and go by what they see and believe on TV.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

yea, and if you did shoot them in the leg ppl would be like wtf thats cruel and unusual punishment/torture.
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

plus, hitting someone in the leg with a 9mm pistol isnt exactly easy... within 20 feet maybe, after that, that leg gets awful small... the pistols that police use arent horribly accurate (no pistol really is) im sure there are some ppl that could do it, but the average cop prolly couldnt do it consistently
ChrisT
John Jameson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

wtf r u talking about if i can snipe sprite in the head from one mile, all the way across the map with a black powder rifle, anyone could easily hit another person in the leg from 50 yards
-=SvS=-ComradeKil
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

On a scale of 1-10 how old is micheal jackson's boyfriend? Laughing

-Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Slaughter wrote:
wtf r u talking about if i can snipe sprite in the head from one mile, all the way across the map with a black powder rifle, anyone could easily hit another person in the leg from 50 yards

Smoking weed there, I tell you, it's bad for you'r health.
Rally Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

-=SvS=-ComradeKil wrote:
On a scale of 1-10 how old is micheal jackson's boyfriend? Laughing
-Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

That is hilarious!!! Triumph is great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: