Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
My sound card...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:45 pm 
Post subject: My sound card...
Top Reply with quote

Ok well, you all know I had pc problems (virus related) and was absent from the PC for weeks. Well, I reformated, and everything seems fine, except no sound. It's not my speakers cause I already tried hooking up another pair, I get no sound through the headphone jack, the computer doesn't read the sound card anywhere cause I've tried re-installing it. But it's also an onboard sound card. I just need to know if it's screwed beyond belief and I need to get a new one, or do you think it's repairable?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Nugget
Hax0r
Hax0r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

sounds like the soundcard is dead.....samething happened with my old computer about a year ago, but the good thing about it was i got a new computer out of it
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You need the drivers for it I'm guessing.

Go into:

Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager (middle right)

See if there's anything fishy under the SOUND menu (open the +) - take a SS while yer at it Smile
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

User-posted image

see, no card. I'm very confused
firefox_71
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:04 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

maybe a stupid fuck can help.....

go into the bios and disable the onboard sound, then it will be able recognize the other one

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:26 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well, judging by your screenshot i would say you need to load your moboard drivers. I think Firefox is on the right track and that on-board sound might be hi-jacking your sound.

*Assumption is that you reloaded the same OS.

1. Load your moboard drivers. But not your moboard sound drivers if you want to use the PCI card and you can customize your moboard driver installation.

2. If you DO have moboard sound but DONT want it then do what Firefox said and disable it in the BIOS.

3. Download and install the latest drivers for your sound card/OS.

Honestly, I don't know why your BIOS would have changed if you just reformatted and reinstalled Windows. Were you using the sound cards jacks before or the moboard's jacks? I also don't think your sound card would have gotten hosed just cuz you had a virus and reformatted.
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:14 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

the card is most likely still good, just absent... u said its on board, so go to the bios & look for something that says "integrated perephrials" or something along those lines & see if the sound (prolly ac/97) is enabled... then do what brutus said & find the mobo drivers & install em
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

****TIMEOUT****

I don't think he has a soundcard - only onboard audio.

So let me clarify - Update your motherboard's drivers for the onboard audio. Brutus hit the nail on the head when he said that the motherboard drivers need to be updated (and then he drove it a few feet in Rolling Eyes ).
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

LOL Very Happy

muahahaha I are teh evil edjumucatzor. burn...
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

you guys know that you totally lost me right? Trust me, I am computer illiterate, and the only things I do know, are the less complicated things I've seen in posts here Razz
SupaFly

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

ok milk, heres the deal... step by step for ya

1. figure out exactly what model comp u have
2. go to their website & go to support
3. locate & d/l the motherboard drivers for your comp
4. run the exe that u just d/led
5. restart the comp & hold delete right after the beep (may not be delete, but prolly
6. this is the bios, poke around (dun change anything u dun know about) & find something along the lines of "integrated perephrials"
7. look for the sound card (prolly says ac/97 sound or something similar) & make sure it says enabled
8. press f10 & select yes (saves changes)
9. get into windows & check device mangler for your sound card
10. pull ur mic outta ur ass & get back on ts

there u have it, 10 steps to happiness
should take 20 mins or so, unless hte mic is really stuck in there... then tools may be involved (alright stealth, ill tie the rope to it & hold onto this tree... u drive away very slowly............ NO NO NO!! TOO FAST!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

i have a much eazyor solution.....

where you happy with the sound card before it craped out?

if not i most highly recomend getting the sound blaster audigy 2 zs

you can get it for $60 now

it is the best sound card that i have ever heard (with the right speakers) and yes i have heard a few in college.
this is conpleatly up to you though....

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

No need to buy a sound card. Unless you're a mega audiophile Smile
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Easiest instructions:

1. Milk, get on TS. (where you can talk to peeps on the PC)

2. Look for the green light by my name

3. I'll try to morse code you directions cuz you CANT hear me!

muahahahahaha!!!! Twisted Evil

j/k get me on AIM Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Computer Tech Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: