Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
The matchmaking system...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:26 am 
Post subject: The matchmaking system...
Top Reply with quote

Is there a way to give more specific orders for it? I'm talking about countries or states. The reason is that I'm tired of playing with russian dudes who write with their strange language and none of them can speak english. I would prefer to play with scandinavians or western europeans, but it always puts me with russians.

I believe the system doesn't even work and just places you to nearest or lowest ping and that's it. No matter where I place the location(I guess it works like if the other dude also searches in that location it puts you automatically to nearest of your location, western europe = russians in my case).
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Replace Russians with Brazilians and you have the plague of north Americas.
BarytaQ
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

WHY COULDN'T YOU GIVE THE RUSSIAN LEVELS, EUGENE?! WHYYYYY??
User-posted image
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Fuck, still no solution. Valve is like a pussy company that tries to do some solution. It doesn't work. Russians are still flooding the servers like before, they chooce english language option and ignores it. Good job.

Why can't they just ip ban that shit? Do it and it's done. Let them play with Russians, who cares. 90% of them are dicks anyway.

I heard Dota1 had some restrictions like this. Why can't Dota 2?
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Hirmuinen wrote:
Fuck, still no solution. Valve is like a pussy company that tries to do some solution. It doesn't work. Russians are still flooding the servers like before, they chooce english language option and ignores it. Good job.

Why can't they just ip ban that shit? Do it and it's done. Let them play with Russians, who cares. 90% of them are dicks anyway.

Because if they did, then they alienate an ENTIRE region. It is bad business. Dota1 was also community run with community banlists and such.

Valve is doing what they can, but they will not and should not alienate people at all.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Eugene wrote:
Hirmuinen wrote:

Because if they did, then they alienate an ENTIRE region. It is bad business. Dota1 was also community run with community banlists and such.

Valve is doing what they can, but they will not and should not alienate people at all.

But now they are alienating whole Europe because of that. It's so retarted situation. Here you have a large group of people who refuses to communicate and no matter what still chooce the specific server/language/options -- rules-- that they are not going to obey.

What is there left? It says ENGLISH and WEST EU, but no, fuck that, we are Russians, let's play in Russia English west Russia EU server today! Unbelievable, whole nation of people acting like total retards with no excuse than being retards and self centered pricks.

They have their own server in Russia and own language option, so there is no excuse at all. Valve made that because of people complaining, they should take more "harsh" measures in here and ban the ip's from Russia to join EU servers. Then have that the ban doesn't matter in team matches, because who cares who you are playing against?
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You are right, we should also ban US west from US east and Europe East and Europe West from playing with each other. You should only play on the servers that you are supposed too.

You have friend on other servers? Well too bad, you cant play with them sorry.

Is it a problem? Yes. However you can get around it, and I will tell you the exact thing I told a friend of mine recently.

If you are being put with teams that suck consistently then you deserve it. It is where your MMR is, and the ONLY way to get out of it is to play more.

Furthermore, EU servers generally have a higher caliber of skill level due to the whole European e-sports scene kicking ass, as a result many players flock to that server for that exact reason.

Region-Locking killed almost killed Starcraft II, and it will do it's damage to Dota.

Also I leave you with this:

If you are getting so frustrated at a game that you go on a forum and proceed to call AN ENTIRE COUNTRY of people Retards all based off a fucking game. You should quit the game, because it obviously is causing you more emotional trauma than it should.

P.S. I'm Russian. Fuck off.
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I also want to add that it isn't a language that makes Assholes but the people. I have known many of English, French, and Italian assholes, so what you are doing is just down right discrimination.

Furthermore, for every 1 person you meet that is a downright asshole I am sure that there are 2-3 people who don't say anything and are completely fine. So you are basing your entire opinion of a people on what I am sure is a very vocal minority.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Eugene wrote:

If you are getting so frustrated at a game that you go on a forum and proceed to call AN ENTIRE COUNTRY of people Retards all based off a fucking game. You should quit the game, because it obviously is causing you more emotional trauma than it should.

P.S. I'm Russian. Fuck off.

Don't start with that.

There is clearly option for Russia/English/Chinese, but no...

How can you put blame to me and people like me who want ENGLISH speaking games isntead of Russians when theres clearly option for it???

I have no idea whose nationality is everyone playing as, but if you refuce to obey the rules and game company has clearly taken notice of this problem, but still refusing to take note...what is there left to do?

I have nothing on Russians, but if I as finnish would chooce swedish speaking server but refuce to speak swedish/english and instead spoke finnish that no one understand...should I be so self centered a-hole and keep doing it when everyone is complaining? Again it's up to russians to make the difference...

It's nothing to do with skill level or anything like that, but a social game that needs coordination. One clear group decides that the rules and coordination doesn't ably to them. We have a problem. No excuses, they choce ENGLISH and don't feel like obeying it.

Last edited by Hirmuinen on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I honestly do not see how they are breaking any rules?

Is there something that says they HAVE to queue there and no where else? No, you can queue anywhere you want.

And you are wrong, the only ones who can make a difference is you. That is why you get a report option and a commend option after each game. If someone is such a dick, report their ass.

Coming here and venting isn't going to do anything.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Eugene wrote:
I honestly do not see how they are breaking any rules?

Is there something that says they HAVE to queue there and no where else? No, you can queue anywhere you want.

And you are wrong, the only ones who can make a difference is you. That is why you get a report option and a commend option after each game. If someone is such a dick, report their ass.

Coming here and venting isn't going to do anything.

It doesn't say that. Again because Valve refuces to make that decision. I wasn't the one complaining about this thing to Valve, but clearly there is a large group of people who feel this way as I do. Doesn't matter here and not a point where I would actually bother continue this. Just venting my frustration somewhere.

But again prefered languages english -> instead russia.

You are just picking hairs here. When you have the language option that is clearly aimed to your prefered settings and just chooce those because of...what??! Dicking? That is what I want to understand why can't they speak english when they chooce it. No excuse. That is the polite way Valve wants to handle it.
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I just want to show you this topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/186wk8/language_option_a_positive_effect/

Particularly the top comment.

Do a lot of people feel like you? Sure. However, I want to point out that is isn't just Russians. You are discriminating against Russians in particular when it is people in general that are assholes.

Is it a problem?
Yes.
Is this a permanent fix?
Fuck no, but it is progress.

There is no permanent fix to the problem without hugely alienating a large group of people and receiving community backlash.

If Valve banned all Russians from non-russian servers, the wave of backlash they will receive will destroy them. People will start to boycott Dota and Steam. IT. WILL. NOT. HAPPEN.

So yes, it does suck but expect gradual change and shit man. The patch went live 2 days ago, give it some time.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You are right. I'm sorry. Didn't mean to start a fight or anything or upset anyone. Seriously have nothing against anyone. Russia is a great country and I know a lof Russians who have migrated here, good people.

I just think there should be more filters, all of the games I have played with Russians, they keep the plans to themselves and then complain because I(other non-) coudn't follow their master plan. CYKA axaxa... You need to ask them wtf is going on and they are like "oh we are pushing here all" no big deal...
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

That really is all people. We played with a Jungle-Doom in all-random. He gets a 9 min Hand of Midas and then a 32 min Sacred Relic, he let the solo AA lose to a Brood whose webs were all sentried. He would not gank, because... he was an asshole.

Assholism is a global plague.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well you know theres that. Some players like to take the leadership when they have no clue what to do and then blame the team because they followed him. Some complaints are legit like not taking part in team fights with full healt/mana...excuse being we already lost it even before it began.

I gues the best part I like about Russian players is that you don't know what they are saying, except cyka, noba and some other stuff that are being repeated. They go with their lives talking shit and I don't mind. Clearly wins being called noob and "morphed into annoing"...........

I have never complained if player is bad and woudn't even dare to say they suck or anything like that. Unless I was the master of it(which I am,SC2,Dota2,TF2...add a name and its there). The bestest player can't be defeated.

Again I'm sorry got too carried away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Dota 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: