Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Planetside 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 pm 
Post subject: Planetside 2
Top Reply with quote

I thought there was a PS2 discussion somewhere, but the search came up with nothing but the older ones.

Anyways, I got into the beta today and was wondering if anyone else has as well. Then I could go to the server yall are on.

For anyone keeping track, it releases on Nov 20th.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I have the beta, but have only tried it like couple of times. I don't like futuristic weapons, because theres no love for them. Just big pew pew boxes. I like the scale though. Might need to give it some serious try, plus there was this big update today.

And damn is that ps2 always confusing to call it. First I thought people were talking about playstation 2, but why would anyone be looking players for it? O don't know, crazy people.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The beta, so far, appears to have an extremely steep learning curve.

I spawn, I die. I spawn, I die.

There appears to be some kind of credit based system that lets you acquire vehicles. But I'm baffled as to how you get them, nor couldn't find the station to even spawn vehicles.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Planetside is a trip - wonder if i even want to check out 2...
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:15 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
The beta, so far, appears to have an extremely steep learning curve.

I spawn, I die. I spawn, I die.

There appears to be some kind of credit based system that lets you acquire vehicles. But I'm baffled as to how you get them, nor couldn't find the station to even spawn vehicles.

You get vehicles through certain spawn locations, but your main hub is a good place to start. From there you see those panels and just press e on them you get your vehicles. And just try to get it even if you think you don't have points for it or whatever, didn't seem to matter to me.

I'm not sure how to play this, but I think I got the basics. I just wish there was more modern type of guns.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:52 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I found out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx_xeRFlNTA&feature=relmfu

It tells you all the basics how to play this game.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

This game is actually really good.

Great views and all around good graphics. I think on par with BF3. Some textures aren't that good when close, but the scale makes up big time. Some problems with view distance, like at worst times enemies might pop up really close to you, which isn't really ideal for a game like this. But it varies.

Lag isn't too bad even on big fights that usally takes place in middle of the map with all three factions fighting each others, don't really need team or outfit to play at that point. But having an outfit with like 100 people makes all the difference, when you are rolling with one you will see some really cool stuff. Tanks making lines and support infantry ect. Then the game has purpose and you feel like you are actually doing something instead of endless battle.

With some squad to play with you could do some seriously good strikes and capture big areas on the map.

Some problems like paying for guns. Don't think you really need them, but if you prefer certain types of guns you will have to play really long time or pay way too high price for them. 7$ for a gun for single faction is not alright. Serious downer when I was about to buy some weapon I would have wanted. No way.

Still some CT squad thing or maybe even outfit might be a thing to concider. Shoudn't be too competive just a thing to get group together and order some waypoints and move with the group. Like that's it, creating a group and play/join freely. Maybe sometime in the future if enough people are interested.
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I played it but I didn't have anyone to hang with so it left a bad taste in my mouth. I would love to try it again though with a couple of you guys. Let me know next time you play!
Berry Punch
Pony HATER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Sun and moon i'm late.

Eerr... I played during the beta and such but my opinion so far... the grind for equipment and equipment upgrades and various attachments is ridiculous and for some things you really might as well just buy store credits.
Infantry are currently could use some more way to counter vehicles but in return I believe vehicles should have a bit more.. bang for their buck.
AT mines need to be fixed, literally you have people throwing it at tanks or placing it ontop of them killing them rather then how a mine actually works by running it over and simply 'splodin'.
Vanu currently are just.. lacking in every respect. True they have the highest accuracy with their weapons not experiancing bullet drop but they lack in DPS and just... arn't unique really.. in PS1 Vanu got all this cool tech and gear they only they could have but it just doesn't exist in PS2. About the only thing they got that's damn effective is manueverability with vehicles.

Wrapping up my little rant with it's fun, it's exciting, it's amazing, it's beautiful, but needs some changes and the little update road they have on their site interests me greatly... I'm DYING for duel wielding light assaults! I can almost imagine it....

User-posted image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: