Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
BF1942 has gone FREE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redweed
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:41 am 
Post subject: BF1942 has gone FREE!
Top Reply with quote

Ahoy!!!!

I can't believe my login still works!

It's been far too long ya scurvy dogs.. Wink

Just posted over at bfpirates and thought I would here too...

BF1942 is now free to download from Origin! (Yes.. we all love Origin.. achem!)

Haven't tried pirates on this version yet, but if it works I can't see why BFP1 couldn't have a comeback!!

The only thing I did notice is that it mentions that players who play through this free copy will be unable to play against those who are still playing the box version which I'm hoping doesn't affect mod compatibility.

Currently away from home on work but I'm going to try this out when I get back. Feel free to add me on Origin, name is ChazamoN.

I'm so glad to see this clan has survived on through the years, even if it has defected to a land lubbers game like TF2 har har! Playing BF3 at all??

Haven't spoken to any of my SC mateys in a long while but I might see if I can track em down.

Hope to get some pirating done sometime in ze future!!

Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I play Battlefield 3, but I think I'm the only one here who does.
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

YARRR! Gun Pirate

Nice to see you Redweed! We have been testing this individually and are stoked to be able to have a few BFP nights/weekends over this holiday season. We are going to to a group test one night this week (prob Thurs) and will post info all over the site.

Please join us if you can.

I was stuck on BFBC2 and havent tried BF3 yet :-p

Also stay tuned for a new pirates mod in the works Wink)
Redweed
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

massive wrote:
YARRR! Gun Pirate

Nice to see you Redweed! We have been testing this individually and are stoked to be able to have a few BFP nights/weekends over this holiday season. We are going to to a group test one night this week (prob Thurs) and will post info all over the site.

Please join us if you can.

I was stuck on BFBC2 and havent tried BF3 yet :-p

Also stay tuned for a new pirates mod in the works Wink)

Sounds good!! New pirates mod ey?? Any info on what game you're modding, or is that top secret? Smile

I was a bit slow on BF3 too, but only because my computer just couldn't hack it.. got an I5 whirring away in the box now so it's brilliant! Well worth a look-in, even with the nasty Origin client!
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

actually its stand alone massives just drunk

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:
This mod is rightfully ours, and fuck everyone that stands in our way.

fair winds and following seas, lil shoes 8/3/94-6/23/09
Gally
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

jolly good then, time for some tech support

I can't seem to get the installer to work. I pointed it twards C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods, but it don't work. What I think is happening is that Origin is being a right asshole and deleting any non-official files upon startup. Any help?

Also the official 1.6 patch installed cannae find the installation directory.

fuck

Also can someone PM me the IP for you guyses mumble server?
massive

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:54 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

We had an ad-hoc BFP get together on Scurvy Dogs BFP server (Origin based free BF42) today - these CT showed up:

Lambaste
RCSI
2Shoes
AlmightyBob
Nugget
Massive
U.N.Owen (New to BFP)
Badman (also New to BFP)
and non-CT friend: Gally

and then our hosts from SD showed up:
Chips Ahoy
Pugzwash
Seaworthy

What was really interesting is that other random people got on and played... how did they find BFP and get it loaded since the Origin free to play came out? cool.

Anyways we will have more AdHocs and we should plan some things as well over the holidays.

Scurvy Dog server is here: 206.212.255.188 :14567 (also the only BFP server out there)

Requirements:
Quote:
Battlefield 1942 thru Origin (yes u have to load it but it doesnt suck that bad) get it here:
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-1942

Quote:
and BF Pirates Final is here:
http://downloads.ctpirates.net/bfpirates_final_1.0.exe

During install all you have to do is point to the Origins folder instead of the default EA one:
C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods ((WINDOWS XP))
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods ((WINDOWS 7 or Vista))
AlMightyBob
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:55 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Had a ton of fun playing again last night, definitely be up for more.
Ninja J
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:56 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I joined after the event I think ( name was 'A Fucking Ninja')..Fun mod for sure
massive

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You are welcome to join us again Ninja - look here for info on future get togethers

Last night was just me bugging people i know to get the game loaded and try it out together - not really an event, but we had up to 11 people online at once and I think we fielded about 18 total.

If you have steam - our group is Cut Throat Pirates - you can friend us if you like - that is the first place we communicate in real time.

Another BFP Clan - friends of ours - the Scurvy Dogs got the BFP server up - so they are on randomly as well.

Look for us on weekends and holidays during the next 2 months or so
Atomiktoaster
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm all set up for the next time on origin. Drop me a message again and I'll try to join. I let beowulf know too, and he's excited about the idea.
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Dug up my post about the bug with the Brig in 1.0, that was sometimes making maps crash if they had one -- not sure if I've got the fixed files anywhere already, but it should be simple to recreate the fix--

Messy Recipe wrote:
Well I'm basically a Brig-code expert now thanks to picking through it and selectively removing portions until I narrowed it down to that. Things I noticed buggy in the code:

-A find and replace was run on the BlueBrig replacing all instances of the string "red" with "Blue," causing the lines in Network.con that are supposed to say:
Code:
NetworkableInfo.setPredictionMode PMLinear

To say this instead:
Code:
NetworkableInfo.setPBlueictionMode PMLinear

And a similar thing near the end of Weapons.con for ObjectTemplate.setFireDev. These are correct in the RedBrig file's though (albeit with capital R's) and weren't causing the crash, as it works fine with the errors still in place. Though I imagine the red brig's swivel guns are less accurate than the blue's, since the code for blue's fire deviation has the error.

-Missing "[Red/Blue]BrigWingInfo" which should be declared in Network.con since it is used in Physics.con

-Several simple objects (including the cannon hatches) use a shared GeometryTemplate (such as BrigMasts), which is created twice (in Geometries.con for both the red and blue ships). Shouldn't be causing any real problems (and there are several objects like this so not the reason for the cannon hatches crash), but saves space and loading time if common objects declared once. In fact, many separate RedBrig____ and BlueBrig____ objects, in fact most everything that's not the soldier spawns or the coloured portions, are actually identical and could be created in a Brig/Common.con or similar instead.

-The aforementioned hatches crash. Works fine in a local game and apparently most servers, but should work universally. Will test it later with the obejct included but a different mesh file, and a different GeometryTemplate but same mesh file if that still crashes. Then we can pinpoint exactly what is wrong with this object. BTW I'm pretty sure that it's not even using a collision mesh, because [Blue/Red]BrigCannonHatches is created as a SimpleObject and does not have a line for collision physics. A collision mesh on these would prolly block people from climbing up the side.

Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to release a slightly updated version, with the Brig fixed up and the anniversary map pack included?
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wooh triple post, but I found what I think is the objects.rfa that fixes the Brig bugs! http://downloads.ctpirates.net/objects.rfa

Pug or anyone if you see this, I'd suggest taking a look at this and if it's Pirates, sticking it on your server... even if it doesn't crash on Brig maps, it'll still fix some little issues with the ship.

I'll be looking into setting up a server or several of my own soon. Also I have a bunch of old mod installers, like sengoku and DC and Interstate....
Erwin Rommel
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Man, it's been a while since I've looked at the scripts for BF1942.

Also, throw mod!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> BFPirates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: