Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
New item need
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 pm 
Post subject: New item need
Top Reply with quote

WE need to design and submit to steam a design for a flame shooting backpack to counter spies - when there are 1 or 2 great spies on one team - it's so out of balance.
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I still want to see a pair of Pyro boots with concrete soles that slow you down, but stop any knockback effects from sentries, explosions or airblasts.
BarytaQ
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:28 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I still vote for the CT logo on all the weapons.
User-posted image
massive

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:16 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Vlad Piranha wrote:
I still want to see a pair of Pyro boots with concrete soles that slow you down, but stop any knockback effects from sentries, explosions or airblasts.

that would be awesome - but the spy threat is too great to ignore
tru.pairadocs
Backstabbing Turd-nugget Spymaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

User-posted image
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Pitch to me what this flame backpack will do and I will consider designing one.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tru.pairadocs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Alright, all jokes aside my initial thoughts from your item suggestion is it would be very OP and would negate the whole spy class (Yes I am biased since I mainly play spy but I will explain my reasons now)

Yes I agree with you Massive, great spies often roll our server, but that is because there are few good pyros or spy-checkers on the opposing teams. I can honestly say I often don't even bother trying to be sneaky or blend in with the enemy team because I don't need to; they don't bother to spy check me. I can literally run and jump straight at people and stab them without them ever even reacting in any way.

The real issue here is people need to learn that they have to be aware of the people around them and spy-check them, too many people are singularly focused on just smashing the enemy team and can't be bothered to check their teammates.

In my opinion this item would make players lazy so that they don't have to spy-check nearly as much and in the same time it would hurt the spy class a ton. If you think spies are broken then I think you should focus on bigger issues such as the hitbox for backstabs (e.g. crazy cornerstabbing) instead of spychecking.

Also this item would render an item entirely useless, the Spycicle, as you would be set on fire before even being able to backstab them (if I'm understanding your idea right).

In conclusion I feel like this item would benefit new players who don't bother with spychecking, but if you have a team that does spycheck AND has this item then the spy class is pretty much rendered useless all thanks to one item.

Please correct me though if I'm misunderstanding your idea
BarytaQ
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

As a pyro, I'd never use it.

That item would take either the melee or secondary slot and comboing is the best way for a pyro to get kills when using the degreaser (And to a lesser extent the stock and backburner) and I cannot give up my flare or axe. I could also see this item taking up the primary slot.
User-posted image
tru.pairadocs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

What are the class restrictions on this item proposal anyways? I assume it'd just be pyro, but since pyro is already a counter to spies that doesn't make much sense
massive

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

My thought it should be available to only 1 class - either pyro or heavy.

It would be a flame squirter - that would squirt just enuff flame to ignite a spy - not kill one. (but yeah flame would be hard to justify on a heavy)

I've seen 1 spy flank a team of 6 or 7 attackers and backstab at least 5 of them - effectively singlehandedly ending that push. Totally out of balance. As a pyro I have to be facing backwards at all times trying to protect my teams flank, and of course am head shotted more because I am not looking forward...

I have the damage ding turned on so I know when my enemies are burning. So if a spy gets burned I can at least hear him/her/it and maybe save a teammate or two.

Again this wouldn't kill the spy..

OR - Holy shit I just thought of this! How about a backpack that explodes when backstabbed - killing both the wearer AND the spy. Yes it would take up a 2nd slot, and any class can wear it. I can see half a team equipping this when there are 2 or 3 enemy spies wreaking havoc. It would make the spies think twice and practically negate their ability to backstab a whole column of foe.
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

massive wrote:
(but yeah flame would be hard to justify on a heavy)

Tell that to Valve

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Huo-Long_Heater
tru.pairadocs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Heavies with high sensitivity are honestly one of the most annoying for me to backstab as a spy. Best example would be Richter, I would be running up behind him and then in a split second he would 180 swivel to check his back while still firing and he'd always get me. And because he swiveled so quickly and often in that way it made it even more of a pain, but also hardly took any time or attention away from what he was doing at the time (other then spychecking)
Insomniac
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I agree that spies are problematic but a backpack made specifically for the purpose of messing up a backstab, seems dumb. Razorback already exists and its a pain to have to slow down and shoot a sniper with it on. Granted, the sniper has a sniper and a kukri, so the only thing you should be worried about is a quickscope headshot. The pyro however has much better weapons. If you take away his secondary for the backpack, he still has a flamethrower, airblast, and a melee (most likely axtinguisher). If a spy tries to stab him, he will be safe because of the backpack and he will turn around, flame him, and kill him. If you take away the pyros melee for it, he still has the flamethrower, airblast, and a flare or shotgun. He can still flame you and finish you off with his secondaries. So heres my idea, Pyro backpack miscellaneous with burning flame effect, ya?
RCSI
The YARR Master
The YARR Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

massive wrote:
OR - Holy shit I just thought of this! How about a backpack that explodes when backstabbed - killing both the wearer AND the spy. Yes it would take up a 2nd slot, and any class can wear it. I can see half a team equipping this when there are 2 or 3 enemy spies wreaking havoc. It would make the spies think twice and practically negate their ability to backstab a whole column of foe.

I support this idea. However, it should be limited to the pyro.
Gally
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

To keep with the piratical theme, it should be a keg o' rum or gunpowder which explodes when stabbed or lit on fire by a pyro. If lit by an enemy pyro, the fireball catches allies on fire, and vice versa if stabbed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: