Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
CT Trivia
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:17 pm 
Post subject: CT Trivia
Top Reply with quote

Post some CT trivia that others may not know. Might spark some old past experiences. It can be current or older.

------------------

If you were to have joined BFP, you would have noticed maybe 5 servers. 3 of them were always dedicated. They were The Doghouse, BFPirates Official, and the Cut Throat server.

At one point, to reduce costs, the CT combined with the clan, Scurvy Dawgs to joint host a server.

----------------------------

Most of the events were ran by clans for the longest time until the Battlefield Pirate Events site was founded. If I remember correctly, there were roughly 3 members(web admins) per clan in order to make decisions about the events.

There were no set limit on admins who ran the events and were open to respectable volunteers.

----------------------

The Cut Throats rival has always been the Black Buccaneers.

BB was split in half one day when the web admin returned and disagreed with implemented polices and kicked all those involved. K9 and myself were among them.

----------------------

CT has only lost one match in BFP and that was to Swords Crossed, a clan that fell apart when WoW was released.

It was an event in which most members forgot and was a one round match as opposed to the usual three.

At least that is what I have been told, I didn't attend the event as I wasn't in CT at the time.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nugget
Hax0r
Hax0r

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:10 pm 
Post subject: Re: CT Trivia
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:

CT has only lost one match in BFP and that was to Swords Crossed, a clan that fell apart when WoW was released.

It was an event in which most members forgot and was a one round match as opposed to the usual three.

At least that is what I have been told, I didn't attend the event as I wasn't in CT at the time.

You definitely where in CT because I remember playing in that match.
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:40 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

counts epic ct.exe

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:
This mod is rightfully ours, and fuck everyone that stands in our way.

fair winds and following seas, lil shoes 8/3/94-6/23/09
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Possibly Nug... I honestly remember nothing about it.

-------------------

CT was one accused of hacking because someone found the process "CTHelper.exe" in their Task Manager.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

the time we made it to where anytime you typed troy it came out little bitch boy

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:

Berry Punch
Pony HATER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:52 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The battle of little bitch boy? Wat.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Special Jimmy(a CT veteran) used to perform elaborate pranks including faking his own death. His brother, Angel of Death, largely took part in them.

Most of his pranks were labeled "Jimmification."

-------------------

Cap'n Crunch specialized in sodomy with a splintery broom.

------------------

There were actually two Stealth that have joined the CT, with me being the second. I joined as Stealth15 only later to drop the 15 when the other Stealth didn't have near as much activity as I.

The 15 being the age I was when I joined the CT forums. I had joined the BFP community with I was either 13 or 14. Should I venture a guess, I'd say it would be more so at 14. I was in BB for probably about a year.

For reference, I'm 24 now.

------------------

Only a handle of people know what the G in G_Gunner stands for and also know what RCSI's name stands for.

------------------

The creator of BF Pirates was Guy Smiley. He went off to work for EA for modding support possibly as a lead. He was let go soon when EA decided not to dedicate too much time into the modding community.

User-posted image
RCSI
The YARR Master
The YARR Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Sure, not about the clan, but:

Before BFP, Guy Smiley had previously worked on the Xbox game Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

RCSI wrote:
Sure, not about the clan, but:

Before BFP, Guy Smiley had previously worked on the Xbox game Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
true story

Special Jimmy wrote:

Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

CT didn't always just stick to pirates, we used the Dog house server to play other mods. Some of our favorites were Desert Combat (essentially BF2), sengoku (A samurai mod) and for a brief period of time, Galactic Conquest (A star wars mod).

One point we were playing so much GC that we developed alternate space names for ourselves. Mine was Stealthy Ewok.

-------------

At one point we created another clan called Full Metal Jacket for Battlefield Vietnam that allowed other members to join rather than just CTs. It was short lived.

------------

CT (in it's prime) was once so massive we could occasionally field three teams for tournaments. Later on, we would mainly have two teams and most of the time were the Duck Gang and the Barbie gang.

------------

One day a war broke out about which candy was the greatest. Mini skirmishes and paint wars were everywhere.

Alliances were formed and the war ended the same way the Cold War did. Completely neutral where neither side truly advanced.

User-posted image
G_Gunner
KîÑG Óf SpÀm ãÑd VÕòDõ
KîÑG Óf SpÀm ãÑd VÕòDõ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Who started the candy wars?
Berry Punch
Pony HATER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

G_Gunner wrote:
Who started the candy wars?

Uuuhhh... It was whoever made the thread saying Milkyway is superior to all. I think it was Stealth.. Don't quite remember.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wasn't me. I can't stand milky ways.

And this event occurred years ago. If I had to guess, it most likely started in game.

User-posted image
Erwin Rommel
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Kirov might be referring to this:

http://www.ctpirates.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5350

But it goes way back.
Berry Punch
Pony HATER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Erwin Rommel wrote:
Kirov might be referring to this:

http://www.ctpirates.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5350

But it goes way back.

Yup, this. But I didn't see messages n stuff flying around about it until like.. two days into the recruit phase.
ಠ_ಠ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: