Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Victory!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:01 pm 
Post subject: Victory!
Top Reply with quote

The match as a whole was a great success! We started a bit late because I was having trouble figuring out the control panel commands, now that I know how they work we wont have those problems again. (And even with us starting late, we still had to wait on a couple of people who were having internet issues, so it probably didn't make too much of a difference)

It was a hard fought battle on both sides, but in the end CT won 40-20. CT had 2 complete captures where they made it to the gold, whereas DAS made it to the 3rd level once and beat egypt 1 once but were mysteriously robbed of their opportunity to play offense on egypt 2 and 3 (so we gave them 5 additional points since they could have earned more than that). We ended up using tournament mode which means that there were no random crits or random spread, and that 1 team set the pace on offense and the second team had to beat their time when it was their attempt. In the end it was extremely fun and great times were had by all. I took screenshots of the scoreboard, (albeit late and I didn't get everyone) but those are on my steam cloud and I'm not sure how to get it off.

Recap:

We started off extremely strong, with Draco beating Dekapon in the 1v1 duel so we had the opportunity to start on offense. We then proceeded to win 3 rounds in a row essentially steamrolling them before they got their feet set. On their first offensive try we snuffed them, but they countered by crushing us on our next offensive push. They succeeded in stretching us out for 2 or 3 minutes of our attempt on the 2nd point, and during that time we got nothing organized what so ever. By the time we got a good push going, they only had to hold out for around a minute, which they did successfully. At this point Das stabalizes and we trade back and forth for quite a while. Das wins egypt 1 after barely stopping us the round before, but the server resets with us on offense and them on defense of egypt 1 instead of pushing on to egypt 2. We say fuck it and play on. I don't remember if CT makes their 2nd run right after that happened, or if we traded 1 more pair of stops on egypt 1 first. Regardless, CT makes another run through all 3 of them which is capped off by Draco scout capping the 2nd point on egypt 3, which the Das said was dis-honorable. We replied with fuck honor, we are pirates.

After that run, it started to look like CT is going to be going into halftime with a very comfortable lead. But, Das has an opportunity to respond to our push. They have about 14 minutes to attempt to beat all 3 egypts and thus beat our time. We get a bit complacent and they crush us on Egypt 1, taking the first point in about 2 minutes. They had a huge numbers advantage after they took the first one and so they steamrolled us on the second before we could respawn and stabalize. Egypt 2 went no better, and they crushed our defense on egypt 2 with 9 minutes and change still on their clock to beat our time. We then perform the most heroic defense of Egypt 3 I have ever seen, and successfully hold them off for all 9+ of those minutes stonewalling their comeback attempt.
tru.pairadocs
Backstabbing Turd-nugget Spymaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:06 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Awesome job guys, glad we came out on top Twisted Evil (and sorry again I couldn't be there)

Who ended up playing spy for us?
Draco
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:08 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

For those of you who weren't there, there were other people on the CT team. They also did a lot more work than I.
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:14 am 
Post subject: Re: Victory!
Top Reply with quote

atatme wrote:
We replied with fuck honor, we are pirates.

That's the spirit! Good job boys. CT wins it's first scheduled engagement in TF2! I'm so proud.
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:00 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Glad to hear it went well!! Now we can sell their gold on Ebay along with that stolen runabout.

Also, looks like I need to work on the front page news script's tag parser a bit.
Pharaoh Man
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Highlights:

Das is attacking to win Map 1. CT has 2 men alive, Das has 7. Backflip is huddled in a corner with like 10hp left as an avalanche of Das shows up on the point. He detonates his stickies and starts making things explode, until some of us can spawn and mop up.

CT captures Map 1 Point 1 in exactly 1:11, which is damn good time. Das bides their time and makes a ridiculous push, and captures the same point in exactly 1:11.

Shoes being a polite professional and lighting my arrows every time he sees me. Those flame arrows did a lot of good.

The final defense of the night, Das attacking Map 3, Point 2. This is immediately after Draco backcapped them for the gold, and they are not happy about it. As soon as they cap Point 1, we are scattered across the map, and a scout shows up to backcap. Two of us barely take him out, when a spy shows up as we're running away. We turn around and kill him too, as a pyro shows up to do the same thing. We kill him. The scout reappears, and I'm all by myself. I spam 4 arrows at him while jumping like a maniac and trying to get someone to help me. The last two of them hit, luckily. We stave off the quickcaps long enough to set up a defense.

The last three minutes of the last match was basically "spawn, rush to point, try to fight the entire Das team as they're capping, die, respawn". It was the craziest defense I've ever seen on that point. There were Dases and CTs standing on the point, killing each other, for several minutes. We finally make them back off with 60 seconds to go, and keep it for the victory.
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

That last defense was literally insane. It felt like it was constant combat and we were constantly 2-3 guys down but somehow we pulled it off. At one point i was hiding behind a column next to the point unable to move because the sniper had me pinned and i was just unloading on anyone who tried to cap the point while i was at like 20 health screaming for sleeples to respawn and come heal me. Pyro rushes point, i gun him down but he barely touches me with fire. I would have absolutely burned to death if shoes hadn't put me out, but since he did sleeples had time to get to me and we ended up holding. There were moments like that for everyone on our team during the last defense, words can't do it justice.

Things to compare it to:
1: In starship troopers when the bugs are storming the base which they set up as a trap, except instead of us running away in a ship, we kill all the fucking bugs
2: Helm's Deep
3: That part in serenity where they kill all the Reapers
4: The 300 in general
5: That part in Zombieland when Tallahasse kills about 400,000 zombies
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Pharaoh Man wrote:

Shoes being a polite professional

LOLWUT? Shoes... polite.... professional?

Shoes is a bloodthirsty pirate who curses like a sailor. Surely you are mistaken with these adjectives.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
Shoes is a bloodthirsty pirate who curses like a sailor. Surely you are mistaken with these adjectives.
much love

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:
This mod is rightfully ours, and fuck everyone that stands in our way.

fair winds and following seas, lil shoes 8/3/94-6/23/09
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:10 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Never change.

RUM!

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
junkyard
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:39 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

atatme wrote:
except instead of us running away in a ship, we kill all the fucking bugs

This made me lol so hard

But yeah guys, awesome job, this was a blast.
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:15 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
Pharaoh Man wrote:

Shoes being a polite professional

LOLWUT? Shoes... polite.... professional?

Yeah - LIES
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

So apparently this is broken on the News page. It just says
Code:
[color=blue][/color]

User-posted image
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

works fer me

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:
This mod is rightfully ours, and fuck everyone that stands in our way.

fair winds and following seas, lil shoes 8/3/94-6/23/09
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Very strange. I tried it on three different browsers and got the same results.

User-posted image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Site News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: