Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
SC II
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atomiktoaster
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:51 pm 
Post subject: SC II
Top Reply with quote

Something something Starcraft II something ZERG!

(I'm not gonna buy it, but I thought it needed a thread...)
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:13 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yeah this thread was inevitable.

I thought I had this game pre-ordered, and was pissed about it. Luckily they canceled it on me Very Happy Probably gonna wait a little while.
Tawxic
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I pre-ordered it a few months back to get into the beta, so my game came this week . The single player campaign is really well made, and multiplayer is solid its basically everything blizzard has been known for. I have 3 guest passes if everyone is interested in trying it out, i have no clue what the guest pass gets to play tho
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:42 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I would like to try it.
Tawxic
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

pm sent
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:55 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Thanks man.

Now I only hope that 7 hour trial version won't expire while I download it. It's some sort torrent client, so it's kinda slow at the moment only 200kb/s max(20 hours).
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:40 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Guide me. What is a good tactic to play this 1 on 1.

Heres how I start, as terran and enemy is protoss:

-build tech guys to gather minerals
-after 11 techs I build barrack and food post
-build 4-5 soldiers and send them to harrash the enemy
-build more food posts
-build upgrade and make stronger soldiers
-build second base near my base and start harvesting there
-make tanks and helos
-controlling the ground and preparing to assault

----->then get fucked by invisible enemy aircrafts

Everytime. Is it like the ultimate newbie killing tactic? What is the counter to reveal these fuckers?

edit. And the pass gets you the full game for 7 hours of playing.
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:12 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Make sure and get a Orbital Command Center and research the scanner upgrade, so when the invisible shitstorm shows up you can scan them and reveal them all. That + Vikings should do the trick.

There's also some detector units for the terran, like that new flier thing that shoots out sentries and missiles. Your initial attack with terran is more to figure out what they're building, since other then Reapers you don't have much to kill early. If you find out they're going air, build some detector options, missile turrets around your workers and a shit ton of vikings.

Not the best strat ever but it will help you with that specific situation.
Tawxic
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

check out teamliquid.net if you want help with strategies.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The trial ended, but I can still play it offline and play the campaign. Hopefully it's the full campaign and not some demo version.

Quote:
Make sure and get a Orbital Command Center and research the scanner upgrade, so when the invisible shitstorm shows up you can scan them and reveal them all. That + Vikings should do the trick.

There's also some detector units for the terran, like that new flier thing that shoots out sentries and missiles. Your initial attack with terran is more to figure out what they're building, since other then Reapers you don't have much to kill early. If you find out they're going air, build some detector options, missile turrets around your workers and a shit ton of vikings.

Now I got totally destroyed and the opponent didn't even have to use invisibility. I just suck in this game. It's either way too easy or just impossible to me, only one really close match. It's hard to learn when match starts and is over in couple of minutes, having no idea what just happened. Funny thing is I don't have that much trouble playing against another terran, don't they have some sort of powerfull early rush units like others do?

Is there even a point trying to build that second base so quick? I mean when you have harvested the first place you should have enough everything to have big high-end army.
Tawxic
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there even a point trying to build that second base so quick? I mean when you have harvested the first place you should have enough everything to have big high-end army.

It depends but mostly if you get an early expansion it will pay off in the long run and you will double how much you resources you gain, but it can be risky against certain strategys, and for some races like Zerg its almost required to get a lot of expansions to compete with the other races outputs.
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The only early terran strats that work is marine rush can kill other terrans, reaper rush can kill protoss, bunker rush can kill anyone who wastes time. The TvP matchup is normally very good for the terran, since a ghost rapes all protoss units with EMP. Id say your best bet is to rush reapers and harass him until he gets enough striders to fight you off, then just mass marines and marauders with all their upgrades and when you have about 3 medivacs full of them drop them off in the back of his base. You will probably win unless you are slow as fuck or if he gets high templar. If he gets high templar then its because he knows what your doing, so make sure he doesnt sneak an observer in your base. Maybe get a ghost just in case he does HT so you can headshot it and be done with it. Plus EMP is hugely helpful always vs protoss
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:13 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I tried Zerg, holy fuck I coudn't figure it out. I just spammed those flyers and won even though the opponent clearly knew something how to play it.

I sort of like this game. The matches are very short for the most parts and you don't feel that pissed of even if you totally lose. But then again this is very fast builder game and I prefer more just keeping eye on my troops and just focus on them. I get lost all too often when I'm trying to do both building my base and assaulting.

Might have to pick this up soon.
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Don't forget that SC2 will most definitely have the replay value WC3 did, cause of what people are doing with the map editor. That's honestly the main reason I will buy it here at some point.
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yeah, but the custom levels are what ruined the Warcraft 3 community. After Frozen Throne came out, the good days of balanced play were numbered. I'd still love to stab the overrated turd who created Defense of the Ancients and it's pompous, elitist community.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: