Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
2010 YEAR OF THE CUT THROAT :: Goal Tracker!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:58 pm 
Post subject: 2010 YEAR OF THE CUT THROAT :: Goal Tracker!
Top Reply with quote

Here, we will post our goals for 2010. Every month or so, we're going to check back on each other for progress - 40 lashes for those who fail! Yarrrr!

Wang Chung's Primary Goals:
1. 100 Pushups Program
I did this program a long time ago with some success but quit after a few weeks. I didn't supplement my diet with protein until after a while - now after every jam I eat a lot of yogurt Razz
So I bought a copy of the book for myself and my friend to motivate myself a little more. I just did day two ..... hooray weak arms!
2. Couch To 5K
I wanted to start this now, but I am going to wait until march-ish when I get some nicer weather. Basically it's a simple plan to get lethargic, sedentary pieces of shit like myself running an hour a week.
3. Other assorted fitness goals - I still have a weight bench I rarely use, a pull-up bar and some other useful, small, non-gimmicky equipment. So I'll probably formulate a workout plan with some curls, kettlebell swings, shoulder presses, bench pressing, and an absolute ass-load of chinups. Then some random plyometrics / isometrics.
4. Follow the dietary spreadsheet again.
Last year I had a lot of success using this spreadsheet in excel to calculate and follow nutritional guidelines i researched and set for myself. Then that fell apart. So let's try again! yay! This will help in weight loss and provide greater benefits from exercise.

Secondary goals:
- Consider playing club Ultimate again. I will definitely go play next fall when the older guys who aren't that nice leave the team. But I might go to some practices in the spring to stay fresh. Also, I'm never paying dues again because I'mn never going to a travel tournament.
- Try to figure out how to get to sleep on time
- Practice singing on YouTube

So go ahead and post some goals. Your most important goals need to be well defined. "Eat better" and "Work out more" are too vague and you'
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Suggestion for sleeping on time: Live in darkness. I got sick of the bright fluorescent light on my dorm ceiling this past semester and left that off 24/7 for a few weeks straight and only rarely used the other lamps I had, and found I got a lot sleepier a lot earlier and didn't stay up obscenely late quite as often.
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You told me about the 100 pushup program when you found it, Mike, and I actually tried going along with it for a while with you. I bet you lasted longer than I did, but thats actually been one thing I've been meaning to get back into myself.

I only have one big one, at least as of right now. Since I try not to make too many resolution at once. I want to start taking more walks, explore a little more, and appreciate nature a bit more Of course the problem with this is that I have to wait until warm up or I'll die in the frozen tundra out there.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Jogging is a great way to accomplish more than one of your goals at once. It's a great way to go sight seeing and uncover corners of your home town that you've never seen before. If you really want to punish yourself, push for a 7 minute mile or less. The sense of accomplishment is wonderful. That was my goal for this past year and it was a great idea.
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:38 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

1) Quit smoking (starting this weekend, had my last one earlier this afternoon)

2) Get in shape. There is a 5k in March I'd like to run that is for a fallen officer benefit.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

In October we will celebrate our 25th....wedding anniversary, yes I'm an old fucker. Was in college when most of you were born or were still shitting yourselves. Anyways, I'm trying to fit into the tux I wore at our wedding - I don't know why, but I have 10 months to do it. the pushup thing sounds good and would help, as will the new weight bench we got. I'd like to find the time to jog a couple miles a day - outside rather than in the gym. You're right about getting outside, and shit I can do it here all winter Laughing

K9 Carlos wrote:
1) Quit smoking (starting this weekend, had my last one earlier this afternoon)

It better be Mr. We're watching you! Cool
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:20 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Glad people replied to this - let's do this shit, goddamnit.

Massive, do you still play hoops a lot? I'm sure lots o' jogging would help out. That's a pretty good goal and I wish you luck, that would be awesome.
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wang Chung wrote:
Glad people replied to this - let's do this shit, goddamnit.

Massive, do you still play hoops a lot? I'm sure lots o' jogging would help out. That's a pretty good goal and I wish you luck, that would be awesome.

Thanks man, hoops not so much ATM but probably more so closer to March madness!

So post your workout plan - I'd like to follow it altho I have no kettleball. But I will provide you feedback and forum ass kicking if you don't. 5K here you come!
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Quote:
Each session should take about 20 or 30 minutes, three times a week. That just happens to be the same amount of moderate exercise recommended by numerous studies for optimum fitness. This program will get you fit. (Runners who do more than this amount are doing it for more than fitness, and before long you might find yourself doing the same as well).

Be sure to space out these three days throughout the week to give yourself a chance to rest and recover between efforts. And don't worry about how fast you're going. Running faster can wait until your bones are stronger and your body is fitter. For now focus on gradually increasing the time or distance you run.

The 5k doesn't sound bad at all. I have been doing this for a while now. Good thing to do is a pick some interesting road and just follow it and see what comes up. I choce a road I had never ran before and I found out there was some horse farm or something, was quite interesting running along side the field of horses.

It's quite punishable way of doing it tho. If you get sick for a week then it's hard to just pick up where you left it last time and might get little slippery of the distances and how you get there. Then the whole motivation starts to fall, atleast if you are running the same road over and over again.

I didn't understand this part: (Runners who do more than this amount are doing it for more than fitness, and before long you might find yourself doing the same as well). What does it mean, run because they like it? Fuck that, fitness is all that matters.
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

i am currently working on me and will be doing so for quite a bit like i said in my last post on the useless thread but as of this weekend i have decided to tell my therapist everything in my head which just might get me put on the "flight deck" (read mental ward) but hey if i need it then i am gonna go (if the doc says i have to i wont be able to say no anyhow) but i have been eating much healthier i am not a runner but i do bike and getting my arm back into shape for disc golf i have been accepted into another program here in the dom its 4 months long so i will be here for that will teach me some more tools to get jobs and maybe one here on the grounds working for the VA i have been exploring painting with acrylics for the last 2 weeks just got done with a half smiley face half skull called the happiest part of sad but after i get myself fixed time to find a ms shoes maybe one of theses

User-posted image

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:
This mod is rightfully ours, and fuck everyone that stands in our way.

fair winds and following seas, lil shoes 8/3/94-6/23/09
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Oh a resolution thread!

1900x1200. Yea baby... Very Happy Batman AA in full res is beautiful...

I ran some 5Ks with my kids. Only takes about 3 weeks to go from nothing to 5k, even for 10 year olds. Razz
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Brutus wrote:

I ran some 5Ks with my kids. Only takes about 3 weeks to go from nothing to 5k, even for 10 year olds. Razz

Says the buffest guy on these forums.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

massive wrote:

So post your workout plan - I'd like to follow it altho I have no kettleball. But I will provide you feedback and forum ass kicking if you don't. 5K here you come!

I'll try to do what I can. Like I said, I have minimal equipment - $50 weightbench I split with a roommate thats cheap as shit but gave me some weight to lift, $20 kettlebell, $10 stretchy band for exercising weird things, $5 jump rope, $10 chin-up bar screwed into door frame, and pushups Smile Maybe I'll write something up.

Hirmuinen wrote:

I didn't understand this part: (Runners who do more than this amount are doing it for more than fitness, and before long you might find yourself doing the same as well). What does it mean, run because they like it? Fuck that, fitness is all that matters.

Some people just love running. They're nuts.

2shoes wrote:
but i have been eating much healthier i am not a runner but i do bike and getting my arm back into shape for disc golf

YARRRRRRRR!

Special Jimmy wrote:
Brutus wrote:

Says the buffest guy on these forums.

Yeah you're telling this to a guy who can barely do ten pushups.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Seriously, you CAN run in no time. Positive attitude helps. Wink Rolling Eyes Disciplined approach is required. I assume you have looked at these programs as you use the term most starting runners do.

Anyway, find any program like walk 10 minutes run 1 minute, walk 10 run 1.5 minutes, walk 10 minutes run 1 minute...

Then half everything! Razz And decrease your walk time more rapidly instead of slowly increasing your run time. Then after a week say fuck it and just run for 5 times what was on your "agenda" and be like OMFG!

I was running 3x better after 3 weeks of this (at age 40) than I was forcing myself to do just jogging before and during 8 weeks of bootcamp. use the walk/run start and use your brain to figure it out. You'll be tweaking your "plan" after every work out. you can do it! Very Happy

My 10 year old girl's athletic experience is pretty much ballet. Razz We were up to do a 6.5 minute run and said fuck it and did 22 minutes (ran out of path). We did this in 2 weeks doing the walk/run thing 3 times a week. SO not hard.

And maybe you need a mean bastard father figure following you and yelling. j/k *sorta* Twisted Evil
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:14 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Wang Chung wrote:
massive wrote:

I'll try to do what I can. Like I said, I have minimal equipment - $50 weightbench I split with a roommate thats cheap as shit but gave me some weight to lift, $20 kettlebell, $10 stretchy band for exercising weird things, $5 jump rope, $10 chin-up bar screwed into door frame, and pushups Smile Maybe I'll write something up.

Hirmuinen wrote:

Some people just love running. They're nuts.

Doc Brown: And in the future, we don't need horses. We have motorized carriages called automobiles.
Cowboy: If everybody's got one of these auto-whatsits, does anybody walk or run anymore?
Doc Brown: Of course we run. But for recreation. For fun.
Cowboy: Run for fun? What the hell kind of fun is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: