Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
State of the Ship :: 1/10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:37 pm 
Post subject: State of the Ship :: 1/10
Top Reply with quote

User-posted image

Well team, here is to my first real state of the ship. Last year’s post of mine by the same title was more of an eye opener then a legitimate SoTS, Mike and Travis style. In true fashion, this is meant to be an account of ourselves addressed to everyone, members and non-CT’s included. It’s time to take a look at what we’ve done in the past year, goals we’ve accomplished, and very importantly what lies ahead. That is a key component of the Cut Throats; while we may take the time to relish in the past, we have always and continue to plan for the future.

This year our group transformed back into something we haven’t been in a long time: a clan. Though the fire did eventually die out, we managed to organize more scheduled matches in the first half of the year than ever before. It’s hard to imagine that one group could revive a game to so many people, in such a short amount of time. We gained many friends in the greater and dying Battlefield: 1942 community in the process. Anyone notice a dramatic increase in 1942 clans hosting Pirates nights this year? It’s not out of the question to think that our games with Wake, GUN and others had something to do with that.

That being said, this year also did mark the true death of BFPirates 1. All of our old rivals are gone, faded away into history and/or assimilated into ourselves. We saw the closure of the Drunken Elite, the Scurvy Dog’s reluctance to stick with the game, the Bilge Rats eventual inactivity. Our old allies and enemies, Swords Crossed and the Black Buccaneers, are long gone. We couldn’t keep ourselves entertained playing 1942 regulars without some true competition to fuel the fire, and thus, in hindsight it was unrealistic to think that BFP1 could be fully revived. A limited number of us even fought in this year’s massive campaign for BFP2, and that proved to be exactly what we thought it would be; not even close to the same.

Yes, BFP is dead. Even while we keep our servers running mostly out of principle, a game of BFP is simply a novelty now, no longer a breeding ground for competition. All the feuds we had, the countless hours of staying up late to plunder late into the night, the matches we planned and practiced for. All of those are memories and screenshots now. Now a year after we set out to revive the game and in turn ourselves, we stand victorious on one-and-a-half of our goals. The game enjoyed a brief period of revival, only to die out for good this time, and we successfully revived our clan. So what now?

So now, let’s look towards the future, again.

Many of the Cut Throats who used to play Pirates relentlessly after high school are now chest-high in college studies. Sometimes I forget how long many of us have known each other, and been able to keep track of each other’s lives and achievements. It seems we’re all growing up in a natural and outstanding fashion, even those of us who are already grown up. Not to say that this year has been rosy for everyone, as 2009 also showed us tragedies of unthinkable proportions, within and outside the Cut Throats. Amongst our personal victories and losses we continue to demonstrate our innate ability to both triumph and cope as a family, even though most of us have never met each other face to face. We were a clan for a short while again this year, but we’ve always remained a family, to share and encourage each other’s merit.

Early this year, a small group within the Cut Throats decided it was time to demonstrate our ability to produce something amazing and discover our true potential as game developers. I’m not talking about making a mod or map pack, but something tangible and unique that could both launch our careers and bring closure to each of our most sought after personal goals. Most importantly we set out to make something real; to go through all the motions necessary to see a project from conception to completion. We are not yet in a position to directly reveal anything major about the project, as honestly, it’s just not ready to show at this moment. Trust in the fact that 2010 will bring upon something that we’ve all been waiting to see for a long, long time. In the meantime, keep an eye out for visual clues – the CT site will be receiving several hints in the coming days / weeks / months. This has consumed us in the form of hundreds of hours of personal investment, and let me tell you with so much on the line, this is the real deal.

Still, are you tired of waiting for something to magically appear for us to play together? Here’s to encouraging all CT’s and non-CT’s to get signed up on Xfire and Steam. We are there. Any night of the week you can game with a Cut Throat, though I will say your chances will improve greatly by purchasing TF2. We are still here, alive and well, and killing. The day we stop killing will be the day we truly fizzle out into boredom, so I encourage you all: if you are discouraged by the fall of BFP, our lack of organized competition or even a real community to belong to but our own, come kill with us. It will make you feel so much better. The competition is out there, and the team is right here, where we can easily be found, usually obliterating someone as a unit. Get online, find out what everyone is doing, and join in, and you too can continue to experience what CT is all about. After all, we are a gaming community on top of just being incredibly awesome, remember?

Our past is there to remind us of who we are, and what we have become. The future is here, waiting for us to kick its ass.

Happy new years, everyone!
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:50 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

A few years ago we officially began calling ourselves a "gaming community" rather than a clan. We did this because of our constant expansion of gameplay as friends. The only problem arose when we couldnt settle on a game to completely shift to when BFP 1 died.

I dont think that will ever change. And the teenage kids that most of us were in the prime of CT, well those kids are busy as shit now becoming adults. But that doesnt mean we have to leave CT behind. Because we can still expand with each other. We'll constantly share our passions with each other. We'll constantly ride the wave, as long as its together.

I look forward to the new material Sean is talking about, and hopefully one day that will be one huge wave for us all to ride Smile
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
RCSI
The YARR Master
The YARR Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:37 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Anything I attempt to type pales in comparison to what has been written, so I leave this wonderful topic about the reminder of the past year with this:

WE ARE THE FUCKING CUT THROATS!

I look forward to the year ahead and whatever prospects that bring us together.
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Mug Toast

To you guys.
Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well said Nony. BFP may be dead, but we'll always be kicking ass in some way. We are the fucking Cut Throats after all.

Happy New Year everyone. I look forward to a decade of continued online destruction. Shooting the Bird?
RCSI
The YARR Master
The YARR Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:31 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I just now noticed the face in the picture.
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

YARRR

Slaughter and I were tearing it up on Modern Warfare 2 a few weeks ago wishing we had cutlasses. We are always playing on the 360 if anyone wants to join in.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
2shoes
1337 CT badass bow
1337 CT badass bow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:10 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

i wore my CT shirt on thurs my therapist saw it and said''your a cutthroat''i told hell yes i am a FUCKING CUTTHOAT !!!!111!!!!!elevnish

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!

Special Jimmy wrote:
This mod is rightfully ours, and fuck everyone that stands in our way.

fair winds and following seas, lil shoes 8/3/94-6/23/09
Nugget
Hax0r
Hax0r

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:12 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

K9 Carlos wrote:
YARRR

Slaughter and I were tearing it up on Modern Warfare 2 a few weeks ago wishing we had cutlasses. We are always playing on the 360 if anyone wants to join in.

been playing with him too, we should get a ct rape session going
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:16 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

We still haven't seen a full show of force from our Team Fortress 2 chapter. I know we could infiict some serious harm since we dominate scoreboards in random pairs. Altogether? We all know what happens when CTs gather in a war party.
rockyct
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:09 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I've been playing a lot of TF2 over the last couple months after a friend convinced me to get the game in October. Add me as a friend on Steam. I'm the same rockyct as always. I did see one CT member in game but I didn't recognize the name.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

2010?!? Jesus...
Roscoe
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:13 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

A very good read as usual. Thank Travis for getting me back on the site after awhile...still am gaming but not as often. Hope to play with you guys again soon and it would be great if we could try to organize a few nights of gaming to get us all online together.
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Brutus wrote:
2010?!? Jesus...

no shit there friend........if i had any hair left, im sure it would be well grayed by now.......really is hard to believe how much time has passed since i joined the community and then finally the CT......lot of memories......

very very well said nony......wish i had half the writing skill that you do.......or the foresight to wright that to begin with

seems that my online gaming is more or less over for a good wile though....... between my joining the military and going off to boot camp right at the release of BFP 1.0 i have continued to slip further and further away from this great group. things continue to change for me, and as i concentrate on that, i lose track, and admittedly, intrest in keeping track of events here.

i never really thought that i had much in common with many of you, but we did share one great game, and a vision of something much bigger than any single one of us.......and that in my mined is what made us great.......what continues to keep us together 7 years later........

as this decade comes to a close i can only hope the next one brings forth a new spark that we can kindle into a flame.....one common game that, wile not replacing BFP1 for any of us, may be just as fun for most of us...something that will bring forth a new golden age of on line gaming......and many more good years for the CT Smile

i live out in the country now with my mate. as some of you may know i am no longer working for the military. things are good but, like many things about the past......there is much to be missed. i am afraid my online gaming days are over for a year or more. we only have satcom here and it is impossible to do any form of online gaming short of chest or some other form of turn based entertainment. we do have plans to buy, take down, and rebuild a old forestry service tower and use it to bounce a T1 microwave line around other towers in the aria and sell service to other locals, eventually getting a T6 or better........but that is a good bit of yet......and still might not prove to be practice.

any way.....i dont mean to take this post as my own, it is not often i come here any more.....and for some reason i tend to give a sitrep when i post....

to the next decade my friends, and never shall we forget, WE ARE THE FUCKING CUT THROATS!

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Site News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: