Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Watchmen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> TV, Music and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:57 am 
Post subject: Watchmen
Top Reply with quote

Went and saw the new Snyder film today - completely badass doesn't quite say it. Some cheesy moments, especially with how the director took it upon himself to out-ridiculous the sex scene from 300, but overall one of my favorite movies to date.

It's sorta like a realistic depiction of what super heroes would actually do with their time, IMO. Please go see it.
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:59 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'll see it after I read the book. Smile
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I was going to start a thread about it when I got back from it last night, but since I haven't actually read the graphic novel, I don't think my opinion matters as much. In spite of its flaws, I really liked it.
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Its been in developmental hell for decades, but it looks like snyder kept it pretty close to the graphic novel. I'm going to see it tomorrow, and I'm stoked.

For anyone who isnt planning on going to see it based on the trailers, if the film is anything like the novel, the trailers couldnt even come close to explaining shit.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:51 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

How is there not more of a discussion, and how did I miss this?

I saw it over spring break. Was going to go to IMAX but decided not to - wondering if I can change that now. I saw it, and I thought it was fucking amazing. I can't wait to buy it / obtain it just so I can watch some grittier scenes. I really, really want to see it again.

Kinda afraid to take the woman though hahahahahhahaha
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:21 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I thought the movie was much better than the graphic novel. The changes to the ending are alot smarter and make more sense. I heard how the book ended and it still didn't save me from being incredibly disappointed when I read it.
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

It took me two reads to to fully appreciate the novel.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Max Periculosus
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I read the novel before I even knew there was going to be a movie, about a year and a half ago, I'd guess. I really enjoyed the novel even if it was confusing at points.

The movie didn't fail to impress me on any level; I felt the creators of the movie did the best job they could while preserving fidelity of the story. Sure, the ending's different, but Hollywood would have torn it apart in reviews if they had kept the novel's ending.

I think it was well done Smile
There is no reality. There is only this. This time. This place. This Contest. Be the best. Unleash your power. Lead your team in a battle of the mind. Win the Tournament. If you can't, step aside for someone who will.

Keep your eyes on the prize, and your finger on the trigger.

If you're reading this, you're already dead.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:58 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

It took a hell of a lot of wikipedia for me to understand the movie. I never read the novel/comic either so it was basically throwing me in.

The more I analyze it I can't tell if I like it or not. I enjoyed the scenes, the plot, the history of the characters, didn't like the ending so much because it *spoiler* killed main characters or made them leave the universe.

My biggest issue was the blue penis. It's hard to pay attention when you see a big blue dangling penis which is partly why I had to wiki some scenes.[/quote]

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:50 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I saw this recently and I didn't find much to like about it. Probably will never watch it again. Beginning was good and Roach was intresting character, hoped the movie would have surrounded around him.

It was too long(gmdmgsd 2½ hours!!!), which was filled with love story, prison fights, and some history scenes that were there just because they could. Maybe the comic fans liked those, but I thought this movie had a lot of useless information that didn't support the story at all. I think you could easily cut at least 1 hour off the movie and still get the same package and nothing important was missing.

But then again I didn't like SinCity either...and Batmans were ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> TV, Music and Movies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: