Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Cut Throats gettin' jacked
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:03 pm 
Post subject: Cut Throats gettin' jacked
Top Reply with quote

What does everyone do around here for getting / staying in shape? I know Massive said he plays Basketball haha. BTW, doesn't count if you're a twiggy like Sean and are just perpetually skinny. I was like, 5'7 175ish and dropped about 30lbs from dieting and exercise.

I play a lot of Ultimate, and when I'm home I go attempt to do gymnastics/martial arts type stuff which is always an insane workout. Trying to learn how to do a frontflip hahaha. I jump rope sometimes, that's a pretty insane workout - I've also invested in some equipment.

I'm trying to get in shape for the upcoming Ultimate season, which will likely kill me.

Anyone here play any sports too? and at what level?
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

omg I am trying to fix my twiggy status Very Happy

Just got the as seen on TV IRON GYM:

User-posted image

Cheesy as fuck but it gets the job done ahahah

EDIT: No but seriously. Does anyone know how to GAIN weight? Neutral
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I play football in a division team and run a couple times a week.
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

anonymousity wrote:

EDIT: No but seriously. Does anyone know how to GAIN weight? Neutral

Muscle or fat?
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Muscle I suppose since my body fat percentage has always hovered around the 0% - 1% range and I don't see that changing for a while.
Nugget
Hax0r
Hax0r

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I think wrestling in high school fucked up my body from sucking and gaining back weight because I'm the same weight I was senior year. I used to run every other day and do sit ups/push ups after, but I've been doing nothing as of the past year.
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

anonymousity wrote:
Muscle I suppose since my body fat percentage has always hovered around the 0% - 1% range and I don't see that changing for a while.

Holy shit, isnt that unhealthy? My body fat percentage is about 13% and its normal for someone my age and height.

Routine is my largest problem. I've started routines that involved weight lifting, cardio workouts, push ups, sit ups, crunches, but none seem to hold. I lost like 30 lbs about a year ago from simply walking my dog and not eating as badly. Probably just my body adjusting too i guess.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:16 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

LAWL no way. Increase yo fat + protein intake by a lot haha. Just start eating non-McDonalds, not too much red meat, and more dairy shit. If your body fat % is seriously that low then you're in some deep shit.
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Heavy weights, treadmill, and watching my kid swim mile after mile. Does the last one count? It feels like it should... Razz

Looooong ass walks at cool place wont do much for the heart but it keeps the weight off AND its fun. Very Happy
Max Periculosus
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The diner at my school is screwing up my regular caloric intake, but I'm weight training with a friend and it's going really well. I'm more muscular than I have been ever before, and my weight is around 180. A bit heavy for my age, probably, but I'm okay with it since I feel great.

Probably could still lose a bit, haha. But after a workout, I feel like I could conquer the world. Pirate w/ Patch
There is no reality. There is only this. This time. This place. This Contest. Be the best. Unleash your power. Lead your team in a battle of the mind. Win the Tournament. If you can't, step aside for someone who will.

Keep your eyes on the prize, and your finger on the trigger.

If you're reading this, you're already dead.
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I weight currently between 155 & 160. My current goal is to gain like 20 lbs of muscle mass but it's a fucking bitch since I'm naturally slim.

Right now I'm training fucking hard at the gym with a neighboor of mine. Another thing to muscle mass gain is to eat A LOT but no crap food and take quite a few grams of protein daily.
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yeah, if you really want to supplement your growth you need to take a certain amount of protein per lean body mass a day. It shouldn't be all supplements, but a little here and there mixed in with yogurt is what I do and it seems to work pretty well. I'm not training for absurd amounts of strength though - I want to stay slim and flexible most of all.
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yea, I weigh about 165 now and I'm probably in the best shape of my life. However, I'd still like to lose a few more pounds and replace it with some muscle weight.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
RaidJTC
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I'm 5 foot 7 and I weighed a max of 180 last spring. Due to stress and just being a teenager I lost 40 pounds so now I weight 140. In the summer I play football with my friends but thats about it. Well I bike, hike, and canoe as well I guess. I don't eat to much crap and am basically healthy so yeah. Anything outdoors is great. Also, drink a lot of water.
Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I bike to & from school. I'm pretty skinny I would say, 120 lbs for a 5'8" 16 year old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: