Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Announcing the "Three Mans" tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

chipsahoy wrote:
Just seems like it would be unorganized that way? Whataver map and mode? 3vs3 you would be very boring, very limited maps you can play. Very easy to have uber stackage as well. Just my thoughts

So this is why you pick the best team you can and get to determine what maps and for how long you play them? I strongly disagree with the notion that 3v3 is too small. Perhaps it isn't fun to play gigantic maps, but you can still have fun with smaller maps and even maps like CTC, medium sized sea maps, etc.
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Big Announcement coming soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:29 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

And besides, we've proven before that we can't keep a steady team of 5 for a tournament, IE: CTF tourney. 3v3 = more teams, more competition, and a better variety, instead of playing the same team of 5-6 over and over. There are plenty of maps that would work well 3v3 imo. If you have to look for the people in the map, all the more challenging.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
chipsahoy
Bunny's Wench

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

How long do people last in the server playing 3vs 3? Not very long it's usually boring. Granted that is somewhat different. Yes you get the best team possible to stomp on the less skilled teams, that wouldn't be fun for either team and would push the little guys out. If you are trying to have some fun in the community you want to encourage newer or less skilled players to want to play. Maybe even learn something, want to play, not have to guess when they are playing or who they are playing or get stomped by monster teams. I will also help if you need it, so it's not all bad news from me. I would hope it goes off and is fun Smile Also not to nit-pick but if you have all these games going on, what servers will you be using? Hard to justify occupying both ct/sd servers for 3vs3 matches and POP too, not to mention the admins.
User-posted image
SpecialJimmy wrote:
I respect women, I fear the Chips
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

chipsahoy wrote:
Also not to nit-pick but if you have all these games going on, what servers will you be using? Hard to justify occupying both ct/sd servers for 3vs3 matches and POP too, not to mention the admins.

If the two teams agree, I see no problem in using a quality listen server.

This is much different then 3v3s in game. Of course in-game ones suck - it's usually me and a pair of incompetent buffoons versus threep and forn. It's not all about skill or experience with BFP, it's really about competence. BFP as a whole is a game of competence - it takes smart people who analyze the situation to succeed.

Granted, you have an advantage if you've played pirates, I see plenty of people who have played pirates for eons and aren't any better because their playstyle does not suit the game. This is, IMO, the primary reason that Pirates is not all that popular with mainstream gamers.

Chips and all others who are skeptics, I challenge you to set up a small 3v3 skirmish. 2 of your competent friends versus another trio of practical players and your opinion may change. I'm not saying go on a pub and team stack a 3v3, i'm saying 3v3 your team against, say, Milk, Stealth, Bunneh. Win or lose, I think you'll find the competitive thrill is more intense than you'd imagine.
chipsahoy
Bunny's Wench

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:33 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Why would I play against a team of Stealth, Milk and Bunny? To me that sounds like a mixed team.Now think of a team, all top players, vs all worst players.That to me does not sound fun for either side. 10 vs 10 skill is not an overbearing factor, 3 vs 3 its almost all about skill, if one guy can wipe out an entire team alone? Who is to say everyone will mix their teams appropriately? I regulary play against 3-5 people in a server, non nubs. We usually don't play long and we have the advantage of Vent to keep us company. To encourage people to play maybe feel a part of pirates or at least want to stay, we should cater to their competitive spirit as well.
User-posted image
SpecialJimmy wrote:
I respect women, I fear the Chips
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:29 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

chipsahoy wrote:
Why would I play against a team of Stealth, Milk and Bunny?

As mentioned previously, it was just a random example. Just challenge any team of people. When logohere re-appears from the inferno, we'll play you and hopefully you'll get a better grasp of my mindset.

Quote:
To me that sounds like a mixed team. Now think of a team, all top players, vs all worst players.That to me does not sound fun for either side. 10 vs 10 skill is not an overbearing factor, 3 vs 3 its almost all about skill, if one guy can wipe out an entire team alone?

Yeah... this is a competitive tournament? The entire goal of the tournament is to get a lot of competitive BFP play in with lots of ass kicking. Of course one team will be better than the rest ... that's how they win, right? Choosing who you play against can be quite a gamble.

Quote:
Who is to say everyone will mix their teams appropriately? I regulary play against 3-5 people in a server, non nubs. We usually don't play long and we have the advantage of Vent to keep us company. To encourage people to play maybe feel a part of pirates or at least want to stay, we should cater to their competitive spirit as well.

It isn't a matter of mixing teams appropriately. It's a matter of taking action and building a strong team. Just because some players may be godlike doesn't mean they have great chemistry. Solid team structure, good communication, and good team chemistry with average skill can defeat skilled players who lack those things.

Building the "best" team doesn't mean running out into a pub and grabbing the top two guys just because they are beasts. If you play with your hombres and focus on a common objective, you can succeed.

The entire point of this tournament is to allow free-flowing, nearly unrestricted competitive play. The entire purpose is to cater to competitive spirit.

Welcome to the limit Very Happy
AxeBlind
Old Fart's Cabin Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Actually since it is 3 vs 3 rather than large teams, I think I would take my chances grabbing a couple "beasts", smaller numbers=great players stand out more.

This isn't a bad idea, in fact I hope I can play, but Chips does have a point, some teams are going to absolutely blow people away.

I hope it is the team I might play on, I say might because of gay internet.
DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:08 pm 
Post subject: How to learn to swim
Top Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:02 pm 
Post subject: Why Does Phentermine Make Me Cough
Top Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:01 pm 
Post subject: who make kamagra
Top Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:05 pm 
Post subject: Top Rated Product Site
Top Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:19 am 
Post subject: Top Rated French Baby NamesGuide
Top Reply with quote

DELETED
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:15 pm 
Post subject: Updated Product Guide
Top Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Site News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: