Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
How to avoid getting yourself banned.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:20 pm 
Post subject: How to avoid getting yourself banned.
Top Reply with quote

I don't know why we never actually had this... but we'll add on to it as we think of the logical ways of how to NOT get banned. Though... I wish it wasn't needed... :/

Most of everything, is just common sense of things you just DON'T do.

-You don't insult people just because your losing
-You don't teamkill in game
-You don't harrass people to get your way
-Basically, just don't be selfish

Lesson #1: The Friend Excuse

n00b wrote:
i WENT TO GO G3T A DRINKz0Rz AND i CAME bAcK, Ev3ry1 wAs yelling aT m3h and th3n i raeliZ3d it was m3h fRi3nD!

I hear that exact statement many times on the other forums I check. Screw him up before ya end up getting in real big trouble. Most of the people that state their friends did it, just end up getting banned in the end.

An example: "Sprite," as we call him, grandmother died. One of our really old members came back online all of a sudden and posted up a picture of the Grim Reaper and it said in big bold letters, "OWNED." He claims that his friend did it, which we just don't believe anymore since that is the most overused statement out there.

Here's some tips:
-Whenever you leave, log out (if your in a public area).
-I always password my login for my computer so that no one has access to my bookmarks, passwords, and screennames
-Everytime I leave the room, I close out the window.
-Anyone who touches my computer, they're gonna get messed up reallll quick. Always ask for permission.
-I never browse forums, emails, etc in a friend's presence. If you have a friend over, just go outside so you both have something to do.
-Never. And I mean never browse the forums at school or another public area unless you know what your doing. These can leave cookies and if you somehow checked the box to log you in automatically, then anyone can get to it.
-If you choose to browse at school or a workplace, delete cookies, delete temp. files, and do the other steps above to prevent anyone from accessing the computer and getting to that site.

That will pretty much guarentee a 99% chance of anyone getting on your machine other than you. The only other way (that I can think of), is a hacker.

Never blame the friend. Always own up to your mistakes. If it is your name that is posting, it's YOUR responsibility.

Lesson #2: Don't be childish

Here's the thing... Life sucks. Get over it. You can't ALWAYS have your way. If someone is picking on you, LET IT GO. Someone calls you an ass, who the fuck cares?! Why would you care about that person anyways? Apparently, he didn't get the time to know you unless he has met you and STILL hates you. If he's some random guy, then what the fuck does it matter? Not like your gonna be seeing much of him anyways.

You CANNOT and I repeat, CANNOT diss someone and not get dissed back. If you get pissed at something like that, then you need to be thrown in the back of a trash compactor.

Lesson #3: Admins

-Don't piss off an admin. There's really no need for an explanation.

If they tell you to do something... just do it, unless their fucking up somehow (which is rare) and then it's admin abuse and needs to be reported to another admin.

Lesson #4: Impersonation

-Be very careful when impersonating anonymous people. It's one thing if you change your name to something that isn't known in TF2 to like say... "The deviant chickenman." This is not really impersonation, just changing your name so that you can play the game without actually having to talk to anyone. Suppose if your mad and just want to vent. This route is to go... just don't start tking and flame wars in game.
-Don't impersonate other CTs. Period.

Lesson #5: Don't hack

If you hack or glitch ANY game and your caught, you're banned. End of discussion.

Lesson #6: Don't spam

This is pretty much common sense... Sure, we all spam, but do it in the appropriate area.

We have a section just for spammers. It's called the Off-Topic section... go figure.

Lesson #7: No inappropriate links

-We don't care about a link to play free poker. We know where to go to play poker.
-We aren't allowed to have nudity on these forums or even links to nudity

Lesson #8: Botz

-Botz are banned. No questions.
-Never click on a link in someone's profile that you do not know.
-If they ALWAYS quote a person who said something and then say something that is just complete random... chances are, they're a bot.
-A bot uses keywords and phrases (that are said by someone else) to form a complete thought of it's own. Then it'll post it trying to fool the readers into thinking it's a person. Most of the time, it'll never fool anyone. Cept there was one good bot about a girl who wanted to fall in love and everyone was soooo tempted to click the link she gave to see if it was a bot or not. We banned her anyways.

Lesson #9: Team killing

Don't teamkill someone else, unless everyone has agreed upon doing so and we mean EVERYONE. CT likes to host mini tk fests in order to spruce up things when people are bored. If it's not one of those days, just don't do it.

Also, some people teamkill just to get revenge on someone. Avoid doing this at all costs. Alert a CT if you knew he did it on purpose. If there's no one around, just remember the autokick.

Don't kill yourself either... Even if you're alone on the server and bored. As Brutus said,...

Quote:
If you want to kill yourself, do it offline.

Lesson #10: Don't comment Spam (Vent/Mumble)

This gets rather annoying when so many people constantly type in the comment box for people to look. I turned my noise off so I wouldn't hear, but if your just commenting over and over again and it's really about nothing but just to make noise. It's rather likely that someone's getting angry at you.

Note that comment spam is just random blabber such as

"OMG! I'm so horneh!" times 50.

or symbols like..

"()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()"

Lesson #11: Do NOT speak in the music channel (Vent/Mumble)

This channel is made for one person to play music and music only. No one wants to hear what you have to say about the song. You use comments in this channel as chat. But send those silently. If the person playing the music has enabled the comments to be loud, it'll play through and to us all. Kinda gets annoying to some people.

If you speak in the music channel, we'll hear two things. Your original voice and the voice played through the DJ's speakers. This freakin' hurts.

First offense - Asked to Stop
Second Offense - Ask to Stop
Third - Globally muted
4th - Kicked
5th - Banned

Lesson #12: Don't harass the DJ (Vent)

There has been a recent hostility towards DJs about the songs they play. In comments, people have been bothering the DJ to change the song. It's their turn to play, just listen. Don't bug them to death about switching the song. If you really don't like the song, just go to another channel and play your own music or ask an admin to give you a temp. channel for your music.

Lesson #13: Avoid using Banned Words.

Any derogatory word can be grounds for a temporary ban on a case by case basis.

You can also be banned for using other swear words as a direct attack such as, "OMG! You fucking cunt! That was a Bullshit shot! I hope you fucking burn in hell, *insert name here*"

More to come later on.
--------------------------------------------------

If you could tell... I was bored.

User-posted image

Last edited by Stealth on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:51 pm; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Good post.

!moved to server section.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Another thing that works pretty well if you want to lock your comp up while ingame to go grab a coke or whatever is to do a combination of the win key+L

This performs the same action as going to start, log off and switch user. That way you can just log back in, maxamize the window and you'll be good to go.
Just, dont forget to pw your account...

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
AxeBlind
Old Fart's Cabin Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:28 am 
Post subject: Re: How to avoid getting yourself banned.
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:

It's almost impossible to be yourself as another character, b/c people just aren't used to it. We all know that Axe is a fun loving guy who just LOVES to be in a barrel and passed around. He'll know that we're just kidding and he won't take an offense to it. But if someone random guy comes out of no where and calls him a whore, he'll beat the hell out of him!

QFE!
You make me mad you get the SHAFT! Only known entities can mock me and get away with it. If I don't know you, you should be very, very quiet, especially about my barrel, because that makes me MAD!

Follow these rules and get Axe a cold beer, and you will go far.
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Brutus wrote:
If you are going to kill yourself, do it offline.

That should be added.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Added #s 10, 11, and 12 for Vent due to numerous common complaints.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Quote:
Lesson #12: Don't harass the DJ (Vent)

There has been a recent hostility towards DJs about the songs they play. In comments, people have been bothering the DJ to change the song. It's their turn to play, just listen. Don't bug them to death about switching the song. If you really don't like the song, just go to another channel and play your own music or ask an admin to give you a temp. channel for your music.

Thank you....No one wants to listen to Panic! At The Disco 24/7, so ask me to play them again and I ban you, k?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

So how bout some rules about not playing trash in the other channels?
Cap'n Crunch
Illiterate Suicide Boy
<font color=orange><b>Illiterate Suicide Boy</b></font>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

GotMilk? wrote:
No one wants to listen to Panic! At The Disco

That's more like it. :>

-≠∫ĆŤ∫≠-�μ�ąҒ��: lets go snort some cock

User-posted image
User-posted image
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Lookie what I found. I even added a new lesson.

User-posted image
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:01 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Lesson #13 is no longer valid because I don't think we have any banned words.
countbitchula
Trench Wench

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

hey, great thread topic!!!

does the author of this thread mind if i copy n post some of this to my communitys forums????

we have issues with ppl just like all clans do and this is a great thread.......
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Sure, go ahead. Smile

User-posted image
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

i think the amount of potential pain you could be in if you piss off USAF should me emphasized.
countbitchula
Trench Wench

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

sweet!!! thanks so much..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: