Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
EB Games Sucks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Angel of Death
Tater Sally
Tater Sally

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:16 pm 
Post subject: EB Games Sucks
Top Reply with quote

Ok, I bought stronghold 2 about two weeks ago. Thinking that its gonna be as good as the old one. Sadly the game sucks big monkey balls. So i'm like "well, i'll just sell it to EB games" My GF's brother does it all the time and makes hella money in the process, so why not? I go there and the dumbass behind the counter will only give me 12$ of store credit for a 40$ fucking game!!!!! What a rip off, right? But thats not all, the dude then wont even buy the game from me because it doesnt have a CD key. Which I reassure him that it did not come with one. Of couse he doesnt believe me and starts going into what a CD key really is (like I dont know what it is), then tells me they cant take. By this time im ready to take his head and slam it into the cash register. Eventually I leave with the same crappy game, and my finger up my ass (seriously) Anyway I get home, intall the game once more, and once again doesnt ask me for a cd key. All in all, im 40 bucks in the hole with a crappy game.........and my finger up my ass.
Wang Chung wrote:
omg CT totally rules pirates
Wang Chung
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

eBay
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well it totally depends on guy who is in there at the moment. One guy at shop gave me more money than i paid for that game Laughing
And some guys might give you nothing, or some few dollers - which is totally BS.
theboomboom
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Don't try gamestop either, my brother got 4 bucks for 2 games Rolling Eyes

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Xfire Username MSN Messenger
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

theboomboom wrote:
Don't try gamestop either, my brother got 4 bucks for 2 games Rolling Eyes

Thats probably to be expected depending on what he is trying to give them. Any game that has a date (like NCAA 2004 etc) become worthless as soon as the new version is released. Other games are the same way when sequels come out.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
GotMilk?
Shaniqua

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yes EB games is sooo gay. I had a friend who went and traded in a PS2 that had a minor problem with it, nothing that couldn't be fixed though, 20 games, and 2 controlers, wanting to get an xbox and a couple of games. All they would give him is the xbox. No games, no store credit, no extra controlers, nothing. Completely gay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Xfire Username
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

EB games suck. I have them my Dynasty Warriors 3 game, and they said they were gonna giv eme 1 buck, and im like you gotta be kidding me. Fuck you, I'll take my game back. Mad
K9 Carlos
Old Fart
Old Fart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

If you really want to get pissed, see what they will give you a game then look and see what they are selling it for.

SupaFly wrote:
barreling axe is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway these days

Quote:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

User-posted image
User-posted image
User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Xfire Username Yahoo Messenger
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Man k9, when they do that it pisses me off so fucking much. They buy ur game for 12 bucks and then sell it for 30 Mad
Messy Recipe
El Gran Capitán
<b>El Gran Capitán</b>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:49 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The only reason they can get away with it, is because people still take the tiny amounts of money and still buy games from them. If everyone refused to, EB would have to either change really fast or go out of business.

If you really want to get money out of them, start up a rival chain. Advertise yourself as a fair, non-greedy company (hahaha Rolling Eyes ). You could give people more than EB, and sell it all for a little less than EB...once people starting hearing about you they'd come to you instead, and wham no more EB. Very Happy
Cpt. LandLubber
Elite
Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:13 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I liked stronghold 2. It was just too similar to the first one that you get sick of it really fast. It looks pretty and all. But nothing much new
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:29 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

did u guys know that all EB Games will soon become GameStop? (aka FuncoLand back in the day)
Raed
Stoned Angry Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yep, brought out. My nearest EB is already out of business Surprised Shocked
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

The thing is that my nearest EB games is like 2 minutes away from me and its on the mall.But luckily I also got a Comp USA 2 minutes away from my house and I can buy games there, and their cheaper WoW costed me 45 bucks instead of 55 Razz
Jabberwocky
Helmsman
Helmsman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

so did electronics boutique become ebgames, and funcoland became gamestop? and now they're all the same? i never liked any of them, i buy my games from walmart!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: