Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Dark Souls PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:24 am 
Post subject: Dark Souls PC
Top Reply with quote

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUXw86Vn8ko

Sign the petition if want it(Namco said they will follow it):
http://petitionbureau.org/DarkSoulsForPC

http://forums.namcobandaigames.eu/showthread.php?p=2330759

No final words for it, but it would be totally great to have it and maybe even some other Namco games if it succeeds.
AlMightyBob
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Signed, this would be brilliant. Seems like a no-brainer for me as Steam is just such a massive potential revenue for any game these days (especially one as good as DS). I can see why it would be a much trickier proposition from a business standpoint, though.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Response came and Namco's staff is aware of this petition and even discussing should they port it to PC. So if you think this petition doesn't matter then whatever, but if you are interested in this game and want it to come to PC then sign.

65,000 signs so far.

It's a hardcore third person RPG with massive world and huge amount of different bosses and enemies. Not much a story driven, but what it lacks in story the atmosphere makes up to it.
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

As long as they fix the multiplayer, I would love it.
WildBillThickok
Deckswab
Deckswab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:30 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I love Cynical Brit and in addition to how sweet that game looks and would be on pc, he makes a ton of great points for a pc market in general. Though, I do prefer to play single player rpg's on console with a controller, which is why I bought skyrim for 360 instead of PC...
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:05 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

WildBillThickok wrote:
I love Cynical Brit and in addition to how sweet that game looks and would be on pc, he makes a ton of great points for a pc market in general. Though, I do prefer to play single player rpg's on console with a controller, which is why I bought skyrim for 360 instead of PC...

You can plug your Xbox controller to PC and even connect tv as your monitor.
Eugene
Sleepuls

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:47 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

WildBillThickok wrote:

But you miss out on all the sex mods on skyrimnexus...
atatme
Atatame Who?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

WildBillThickok wrote:

Thats why I used to play Mass Effect on 360. Oh what a fool I was
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:40 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

http://gamingbolt.com/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-coming-to-pc-in-august

Dark Souls is coming to PC! Finally a petition that actually worked.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:24 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

DS 25% off

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Voucher: PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Ok. This game is really good.

PC version is what it is. Do not buy this game if you don't have controller. There's nothing for you if you are playing mouse/keyboard, not even if you get it for 1$.

Theres a higher resolution mod already that improves the graphics a lot and it no longer suffers from that blurred block feel when up scaling the resolution.

But the game works. This is a great game, and you can live with the faults even when shoveled shit at you by Namco. It's like PS1 game Vagrant Story, but 10 times better in every way. Hard as shit, but still rewarding because theres so much in it. It has that suprise feel that so many games has lost because of dumping down(like in Elder Scrolls series), in this game you can venture in places and get destroyed by some strange looking monster, but it doesn't feel cheap.

For anyone who liked Vagrant Story this is a must have, or anyone who likes 3rd person survival rpgs.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

This is easily one of the best games I have ever played. Let's see what did Steam clock me for this...over 60 hours...

It's something you want to tell everybody how great it was. Hard, but not because it's lame. Eventually when you go back(if you want to) to old areas, you see that it's not that hard at all, you are learning the combat and because of that you could finish this game without leveling at all. You do gain access to better armor and at higher level you can absord and do more damage, but still the biggest leap in this game is that you learn to play it. Because even on highest level you can die if you don't pay attention.

Gamespot gave PC version 9,5. I don't think that's fair because of the effort went in the port, but this is one of those games you should at least try out.

Heres the latest fix for DS PC version: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dsfix
I played it on much earlier version and it worked great.
Berry Punch
Pony HATER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Heard it got a bad PC port.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:06 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Well if it was a good port you wound't need gamepad and could use keyboard(meaby) and you woudn't need to use high resolution patch to make it look good.

But if you are willing to use gamepad or own one and you take 1 minute to install the high res patch this is the best version you can play the game on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: