Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
State of the Ship :: 1/09
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:32 pm 
Post subject: State of the Ship :: 1/09
Top Reply with quote

State of the Ship :: 1/09

User-posted image

In 2006, my good friend Wang Chung posted our first state of the ship. Somehow, I still remember when he came up with the idea. I guess I loved the word play on State of the Union, and the way it felt so…official. Since then, we haven’t really kept up with the State of the Ships. Perhaps that’s due to the past inactivity that plagued us so deeply. Sean posted the last State of Ship not long ago, and this one is not meant to overshadow that, but merely fill everyone in on what’s happening below our decks. When I say everyone, I mean both CT and non-CT, because it is for the non-CT that the State of the Ship was partly created.

...if pirates stays on bf1942 i'd hate to see the community grow even smaller, but i know i'll always be around and i hope the rest of you will too!
-Sparrow

We’ve reached an era in the Cut Throats where we have to make big decisions. Most of the Cut Throats that are with us now can remember back when there were at least 5 BFP servers, and back when each night there was a populated server, and BFP2 was only a whisper in the wind. Back when there were more than 2 clans and everyone was looking for a fight. Things move on, and sadly those same Cut Throats that saw those days also saw the days where large decisions faced us and we buckled. Two things happened that caused our inactivity. The first was the fact that we didn’t feel it was in our best interest to move with the mod and rest of the community to BFP2. Some of those reasons were political, but most were because the consensus was that BFP2 sucked some balls. Besides, we had created our own community by that point; we didn’t feel we needed to move with the community to move forward. And there lied the problem. The decision was what we should do. Where would we go? We knew BFP1 would not last if the community moved on, so we searched the seas for new opportunities. We had Mist in our back pocket, but that was some time away. And so we sat, unable to decide where to go from there. But that was not our only problem. The other cause of our inactivity was the fact that the 14 year olds who had stayed up late owning everyone and who had created this family were now 17 and 18 yr olds graduating high school. College approached and things changed. We no longer had that time that we had. Some got jobs, girlfriends, and responsibilities we hadn’t previously had.. This was a challenge we hadn’t known, and like I said, we buckled.

User-posted image

Only weeks ago I talked to Sean for the first time in a while, and a spark lit our eyes. We talked to other Cut Throats, and suddenly, after all this time – more than a year of inactivity – we knew that things could change. If we oiled the machine that is the Cut Throat spirit, if we cleared our throats and whispered those familiar words, that familiar phrase that altogether sums up who we are….we are the fucking Cut Throats….we could do this. And as soon as we lit the torch, people’s eyes began to open once again, and they took hand in carrying that torch, and the Cut Throats, in a day, were back.

And now here we are. A clan, nay - a family once again. And that familiar question once again arose. Where now? But this time we charted our course. We had been sitting in open water for too long, stuck between islands unseen, so where do we go? Our course – back to BFP1. Back to the home we had created and cherished. And we would not simply play. We would organize and rebuild our community. Rebuild the community that did not move to BFP2, or simply wanted the familiar back.

And we do have plans. Early on we have already accomplished getting our namesake back, reboarding the flagship – CTpirates.net. And Casey and Sean have taken initiative to create a better, more efficient site.

We have a match this Sunday with the GUN clan, a major player in bf1942. These are guys we can take a page from. They’ve been around for double the amount of time we have, and we already know how difficult that is. We’ve got players signed up for that match and I haven’t seen the fire that we now have in our eyes in far too long.

USAF has provided us with a server that has become the most populated server in a year. I saw a post on another clan’s site boasting a 12 person server population on one night. On opening night we had 20. And it’s a consistent number. We’re filling the server with every chance we get.

We have tournaments in store as well. Team tournaments that will rejuvenate Cut Throats and non-CT alike. Sword tournaments that will once again bring that competitive spirit that has fuelled us all in the adventure.

But we need your help. Whether you’re CT or not, we need you to fuel this fire. If you have the time, give it to us. Post on our forums, sign up for the coming tournaments. Remember the days that you most love about BFP. Remember why you’ve stayed. Me, I’ve stayed for the Cut Throats, and long ago, back in 2006, I made a promise to always keep this fire burning, no matter how dim – to do what I can to keep the Cut Throats a force to be reckoned with, THE force to be reckoned with. We’ve had all the drama and betrayal that you can find in a Greek legend here on our doorstep. Menacing enemies piercing our gates, leaders who have raised us to our highest heights and then forgotten us. Members of this family who that have forgotten what we stood for. Members that forgot that in the Cut Throat name there is honor and respect. Honor for what we and every other Cut Throat have accomplished; a record wholly untarnished, the longest living clan in BFP. And respect for each other. For everyone who has done these things. Because we do them not for ourselves, but for the unity and solidity that is, in every essence, us.

There is a quote I remember from my good friend Mike during a very troubled time for CT.

We're not restless, incompetent juvenile delinquents - we're thoughtful, mature, intellectually active kids that care about things, that think about things.
-Wang Chung

We are not idiots here. We are passionate human beings that have a love for something about this game. Whether it is your clan, your community, or the game itself, you have something in common with everyone here. And it links us. We usher in a new year tonight, let us make 2009 the year that BFP1 returns.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Damn I love reading shit like this. Nice work Trav Smile

This is going to be a fun ass year, guys. My goal is to keep our calendar pretty fresh with shit to look forward to so there's always something exciting going on at the forums.

Let's make the CT forums the hub for everything and anything BFP1.
AxeBlind
Old Fart's Cabin Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

It brings a tear to my eye.

I have been guilty of sliding away and vanishing for periods of time. I hope that will end. I had my hard drive wiped clean of viruses and all of my old memories that had been saved and catalogued just before Christmas. In a way it was a good thing, as I scrounged for what I had lost when I got my PC back, I accepted a few CT friends on facebook.

Seeing actual activity and encouragement has brought me back.

I was but a painfully shy freshman in college, with no friends and a shitty roommate. I could find no people that shared my tastes and I really needed somewhere to belong.

I had never had an internet connection faster than 24kbps, so online gaming was new for me. Thank God I stumbled onto BFP .31 one day. Weeks later Nony sent me and a chap named Rally Monkey (Once long ago he was a worthy friend) a link to follow, a link to the CT forums. I followed that link and found something more than a gaming community or clan, I found a place to belong, a place where everyone was accepted.

CT gave me the belonging and friendship I needed my freshman year, I played constantly in 2004 and 2005, instead of focusing on how bad things were outside of BFP, I found an escape.

That has changed now because I finally did find like minded individuals and friendship in my world. Everything is going fantastic where it once was not. Even so I owe a debt of gratitude to CT and to all former and present members. Even as real life takes its toll on my time and time takes its toll on BFP, I will never forget CT and my glorious past, present, and future with this great group of people.
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:55 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Don't worry, you'll never get completely rid of me.
Cap'n Sprite
Crazy Puertorican
Crazy Puertorican

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Man, I don't even have my gaming P.C anymore as it's really fucked up but after reading that speech I kinda want to repair that son of a bitch to own once again the 7 seas with u cunts. ^_^
Roscoe
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:17 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Very well said Jimmy. Now those of us from DE haven't been in the CT group for more than a few days but we've been around BFP the whole time seeing you guys grow.

I hope the future holds some great things for all of us. I think this is going to work very well and CT is leading the charge back into the mod. I can't wait Smile
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I've been waiting for this call, how the hell have you guys been?
AxeBlind
Old Fart's Cabin Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Great, you?
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

massive wrote:
I've been waiting for this call, how the hell have you guys been?

Been missing ya man. Can't tell you guys how nice it is to have our crew returning to full strength.
SupaFly
Gunner Fan Club President
Gunner Fan Club President

Location: sunnydale mental institution (for the mentally unstable) ((like me)) (((supa)))
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:46 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

i tried to knock out some of the rust tonight... im not quite back to where i was, but i think i did ok
RK-Mara
Uber Dick Wad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Even Supa is around. I always forget how many members CT stole from us Razz
AxeBlind
Old Fart's Cabin Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stole might not be the best word, but ya.
anonymousity
Stealth's Wench
Stealth's Wench

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

"Liberated" is more like it.
Special Jimmy
Neo-Kaufmanist
Neo-Kaufmanist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:11 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

anonymousity wrote:
"Liberated" is more like it.

We're like America. We'll liberate you. LIKE IT OR NOT.
Wang Chung wrote:
MikeSty 22: they say Rome wasn't built in a day
MikeSty 22: but they never had the Fucking Cut Throats
Bunny
Chips' Wench

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

*Wave*

I forgot my password but Wang fixed it for me

Miss my pirate brothers <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Site News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: