Affiliates
---------------------
Navigation :: The Cut Throats
FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Has anyone played ArmA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:44 pm 
Post subject: Has anyone played ArmA?
Top Reply with quote

I wet myself over this:

http://www.arma2.com/

Is ArmA 1 any good?
Brutus
BuffNerd
BuffNerd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I loved Operation Flashpoint (their first work) but I didn't care for ARMA.
Vlad Piranha
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

It looks like it could be good. Gameplay balance is what worries me. Battlefield is fun and all, but someone without access to a vehicle is nearly useless to their team most of the time.
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:38 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Vlad Piranha wrote:
It looks like it could be good. Gameplay balance is what worries me. Battlefield is fun and all, but someone without access to a vehicle is nearly useless to their team most of the time.

Uh pal...this is far from Battlefields Laughing . Can't even compare one bit what Operation Flashpoint/Arma are. Well maybe Project Reality mod for BF2 is similiar.

These games relies heavily on teamplay and 'realism'. It will most likely attaract more realism buffs rather than people who wants fast action. Maps are huge and you will have to spend minutes to arrive anywhere, so no fast spawns and jump off from planes to shoot stuff.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

In regards to the above post ^^

I hope so. I'm sick of fast paced action shooters. I hate games that have modern weaponry for that reason. Everything is run into a room and shoot.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
massive
Captain Ass Kicking Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
In regards to the above post ^^

I hope so. I'm sick of fast paced action shooters. I hate games that have modern weaponry for that reason. Everything is run into a room and shoot.

So you're the sniper type....ugh! Wink

I love the fast action, so maybe this isn't for me.

For example, Taw and I have been playing on a fun DC server, and he's not really a helo pilot, but he kicks ass with the AA stuff. I love getting revenge after he shoots down a couple of times, and I find him & HALO over him & put some mines up his tailpipe. Laughing
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:44 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

I love BFP because it takes skill to own. Cool Can't just run in a room and click to win that mini battle.

User-posted image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drunken Monkey
Hooked.On.Phonics

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:40 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:
I love BFP because it takes skill to own. Cool Can't just run in a room and click to win that mini battle.

i 2nd that

if You Ain't Tracks, You Ain't Shit
AlMightyBob
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:05 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Stealth wrote:

I'd call BFP a mixture of action/skill, especially in close combat. That's why I like it.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yea, it's definitely not as slow as ya would think it would be.

User-posted image
nav
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Quote:
I love BFP because it takes skill to own. Can't just run in a room and click to win that mini battle

And that is the reason why, in my opinion, BFPirates > TF2.

Ok, Toaster, feel free to argue with me. Razz
AlMightyBob
Dictator-Elect
Dictator-Elect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:49 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

You're saying TF2 has no skill?
Hirmuinen
CT Certified Sales Rep.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:11 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Yes.
Atomiktoaster
Sailor
Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

Sure, if you run into a room there's no guarantee that skill can bail you out and you can cutlass three people and grab the flag and run. If there's a sniper and you're a heavy in the open, or if you chase a demo man through the wrong door or find a level 3 turret you didn't know about, you're gonna see the respawn timer soon, no matter how great your hax are. What TF2 has that bfp doesn't is that it requires team strategy and thought and cooperation. 90% of bfp regulars play one of two classes, so once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to just go on cruise control. Even though it's one of my favorite maps, there's really not too much planning you need to do when you plan dead calm. Jump down, try to kill everybody on the other team, get killed, repeat. Even frylar tends to boil down to "hold the middle". Doesn't mean that bfp is a bad game at all, but the game play tends to focus on different levels in each game, IMO.
Stealth
▲RAWR TRIANGLE RAWR▲

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:14 pm 
Post subject:
Top Reply with quote

What I like about TF2 is the fact that it doesn't take 2 seconds to die. It seems like the battle is longer than usual.

In like say... BF2, if you run into a guy. You feel instant death. The machine gun guy in that game, when it shoots you, you slow down. The medic makes it awesome too.

Very team oriented.

User-posted image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cut Throats Forum Index -> Aladdin's Castle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: